Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post #17- totally stupid!

At some point isn’t it about wheeling the race car. The driver getting 5he most out of what he has

Please logout for the day
    2021 race count
    6 events

I've heard it all.

Post #17

Total stupidity!

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I've heard it all.
    And then some...
    2021 race count
    6 events

I believe he ran one for WoO and the other for Lucas races and unsanctioned races.
    I thought he wrecked one or the other and their were none available at the time so they bought the other to complete the season. Either way, I don't think he missed a beat.
    8/13/16

Please log- out from 4m permanently!

The hand wringing of some of you is hilarious. The amount of excuses put forth for Rocket is amazing. If Strickler had BWRC, Kryptonite, Warrior, Lazer, MastersBuilt whatever you would have slammed those cars as junk. But when its a Rocket it can't be the cars fault it just can't be.

Quote Originally Posted by manwplan View Post
    The hand wringing of some of you is hilarious. The amount of excuses put forth for Rocket is amazing. If Strickler had BWRC, Kryptonite, Warrior, Lazer, MastersBuilt whatever you would have slammed those cars as junk. But when its a Rocket it can't be the cars fault it just can't be.
    It's apparent that the Rocket cars are capable and have been for many years. I'm not sure you can put the ones you listed as regular Lucas Oil or WOO winners in today's world. That being said, Sheppard seems to be off some compared to normal, but other Rocket cars have been pretty good. Some drivers are just better in certain cars, I don't think it's a bash on those drivers at all. I'm going to guess their shock package on that chassis is what's throwing them for a curveball, not that either is bad, just bad when put together.

Amen brother

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Amen brother
    Maybe it has somthing to do with the fact that Hudson won in the very same equipment strickler has. Then left for another team and got new rockets and has already won in them. That might indicate its not the cars. I'm not arguing that he may not do a little better in what he already knows a little better but He's gonna struggle this year regardless of witch chassis he's in. Their are plenty of guys out their who can show up at a few particular tracks and flash a little speed. It doesent mean they can race night in and night out with the best. Look at ferguson i can't count how many fast times and track records I've seen him set but he's clearly not at the level that owens and Sheppard and mcrreadie etc... are. The worst move strickler made this year was running his own car at Volusia because as soon as they went somwhere else and didn't go good out of the box its now the cars fault. Couldn't possibly have anything to do with Volusia being one of kyles best tracks. Maybe they should've took the rocket to Volusia where he knows how to get around and got more comfortable. He signed up for the struggle bus this year. As masters said cars are way more expensive than drivers and most owners are pretty content with week to week expenses but when you start switching the big stuff like motors chassis etc.... and results don't improve it really wears on the situation. Hopefully it's the right move for him and not a nail in his coffin.
    Last edited by Jking24; 02-05-2021 at 09:57 AM.

The difference is rocket is winning. Those other cars you mentioned, are not.

IMO, the problem for Strickler was Bilsteins with Rockets.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    How many wins did he have Chase Junghans going
    Not sure. He was consistently pretty good, unlike now.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    How many wins did he have Chase Junghans going
    Junghans was a top 3 to top 5 car consistently with Vinnie on the wrenches

Jking24

Excellent perspective- good reading- thank you!

The difference is rocket is winning. Those other cars you mentioned, are not.

IMO, the problem for Strickler was Bilsteins with Rockets.
    Yes and no. A guy who normally valves longhorn shocks, valving shocks for an xr1. The brand doesn't matter.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Kinda makes me wonder how deep the pockets are for this team & how long they last?
    PCC has deep deep pockets!

at some point the driver has to “WHEEL IT”

Trust me kyle knows what hes doing or he wouldnt have as many wins as he does. When you have a pair of gloves or jeans or whatever and they just are your favorite well may b he feels the same w his Longhorn. He just feels comfortable when hes driving it. I dont blame him for tryn something he fells he can win in. Jmo