Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bristol Dirt Nationals - Current Entry List for Supers

So I’ve got my thoughts/opinions, but I’m interested to here the thoughts of others on this board. No disrespect to the drivers that are registered, but so far the entry list for the Bristol Dirt Nationals is a bit lackluster...again, that’s just my opinion. To me it looks like it has the potential for the feature to look a lot like what we’ve become accustomed to seeing for a Southern Nationals $10k to win race or something similar. I have no problem with the drivers that regularly attend and compete in Southern Nats races, as I attend many of them myself as a spectator. But for an event like this with the potential to win $60k in two nights, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little surprised when I first looked at the drivers list and saw who wasn’t coming. The more I’ve thought about it, I’ve got my own theories and suspicions as to why some guys are foregoing this event, and I wouldn’t fault them for it. But anyway, interested to hear what others think...

I don't see anyone pre registered that could be a contender for the WoO or Lucas points title. And understand completely.

A most the national talent is on the Lucas Tour which it's scheduled against and B The World of Outlaws Guys may not want to race bristol twice in a couple weeks and C I think there may be some big names that will show up and are just staying quiet. Rumors JD might be headed towards running all 3 bristol, texas, vegas and dropping off lucas tour. Honestly I think Bristol is cooler to the fans than the drivers IMO

Same plague VMS has had with there big Common Wealth 100 , big purse bad timing and no BIG series picking it up on the schedule. Ultimate has a few good cars that follow, but no real heavy hitters.

I can't see B shepp not chasing $50k either in the 1 or his family ride

If you want to see big names at Bristol, you’re better off just waiting and going to the WoO show a few weeks later.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I get the Lucas guys not being on the entry list since it’s scheduled against Atomic and Brownstown (EPJ and Strickler being the two exceptions), though if those two races were to get rained out maybe we’d see a few of the Lucas guys come on down to Bristol. The lack of WOO guys on the entry list was what surprised me with it being an off weekend for them...but I agree with the earlier statement that maybe they’re just wanting to save their stuff and not put it through a potential brutal race (on equipment) twice.

I kind of look at it like the dome where maybe a regional guy can take home some $... I just hope the track races well

I wouldn’t mind seeing a regional shoe winning 50k.

I would rather watch the regional guys battle for $50k. They need it more than the touring drivers.

Someone asked Mark Richards on Twitter awhile back if Rocket1 was going to be there and he said only for the WoO events.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I don't see anyone pre registered that could be a contender for the WoO or Lucas points title. And understand completely.
    So Bloomquist, Madden, Lanigan, Strickler, Pierce, Bailes, Zeigler couldn't be a contender on either tour?
    2021 race count
    6 events

Recall seeing complaints about the field at the Dome being too much regional emphasis and not enough national teams. Did people complain when Tyler Carpenter won?
    I hate time trials.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    So Bloomquist, Madden, Lanigan, Strickler, Pierce, Bailes, Zeigler couldn't be a contender on either tour?
    Well, I specifically said points TITLE. And to answer your question, other than maybe Madden, no. I'd say none of the above.

Yea I know what you said. I think atleast 3 of the 7 could. Maybe 4 with the right resources
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    Someone asked Mark Richards on Twitter awhile back if Rocket1 was going to be there and he said only for the WoO events.

Maybe he's waiting to see how his new "heavy duty rf suspension pkg" works out for the others!....hmmmm!

Are we considering the fact that some teams may avoid it because of how hard it is going to be on equipment?

Action10...now I believe you’re getting somewhere. Was wondering how far we’d get into the thread before somebody spoke to that.

Default Payout

does anybody know what the payout is after the $50,000 first place???

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    does anybody know what the payout is after the $50,000 first place???
    Post #14
    http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?402...Motor-Speedway
    2021 race count
    6 events