Default Sponsors Busch Clash

I turned this Daytona race on and I see that the cars are pretty much without sponsors on the quarter panels and in front of the door. What’s up? Is this just a Clash thing or are a lot of the series sponsors gone this year?

I was actually surprised to see cars that actually had associate sponsor logos displayed ahead of the doors. That must be a new thing NASCAR decided to allow.

In the past the area ahead of the numbers (front 1/4 panels and nose wings ahead of tires) was the area where only NASCAR contingency decals could be displayed. When a car came through tech there was an official with the official decal diagram. Teams were also supplied with said diagram for compliance when they were given their decal packages.

If you displayed contingency decals they had to be placed according to that diagram. If for some reason your primary and associate sponsorships or team ownership had a conflict with a contingency decal you opted out of displaying that decal and you weren't eligible to collect that money for the events.

I know way back when Richard Petty had a thing against alcohol so his cars never carried the Bud pole/Busch pole etc. decals. Another bit of trivia, if your driver was not yet 21 the decal simply read Pole Award without the beer company name. Same size and color sans the logo. Roger Penske's car were always clean on the front fenders also as for some reason he opted out of a lot of contingency awards. That goes way back.

I'll have to search and see if they've had a bit of a policy change on this because it looks like they have.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

I find this rather interesting and have not seen anything official written on it. Something has changed. No doubt.

I guess it shows how little I watch and pay attention to them anymore. Apparently at last years All Star race they experimented with moving the number back and opening up the side of the car for larger opportunities for sponsor graphics. I didn't see that race but I found a news archive on it. This might be a carry over of sorts on that policy with a little modification.

Still looking.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Interesting point.
    I hate time trials.

Moving the number back is an IMSA thing .. I’m guessing

Still not seeing contingency decals tonight in 500 qualifying. That program must be gone or very reduced.

I don't think its as much as a lack of contingency sponsors, but rather a change to having more Official Partners, and they have plenty of conflict with other major sponsors. https://www.nascar.com/officialsponsors

Quote Originally Posted by slideiton View Post
    I don't think its as much as a lack of contingency sponsors, but rather a change to having more Official Partners, and they have plenty of conflict with other major sponsors. https://www.nascar.com/officialsponsors
    Thanks. Probably what we are seeing with the cars👍