Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Elliott should have been penalized.

That was not a bump and run hit last night. Rules need to be consistent. No manufactured finishes. Remember this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XMOX_zQKA_c

Yeah, I remember the favoritism NASCAR showed to Davy Allison. That was a BS call for sure.

Arnhead pulled that kinda' crap (and worse) for over 25 years and they built statue's in his honor behind the grandstands at Daytona and some other places.

There really are no "rules" on the last lap, especially when NASCAR is in the hip pocket of the "wreckor" as they were in the case of arnhead. Remember back in 2018 when the rich grandkid flat wrecked Almirola going down the backstretch on the last lap and won the Daytona 500 (if you want to call it winning)? Hell, what Blaney did to Ryan Newman last year on the last lap at Daytona was highly questionable, as well.

I don't follow NASCAR closely enough of late to know whether Elliott holds more favor with NASCAR than the rest of the teams or not. He may, and it wouldn't be the first time. The bottom line is "consistency" has never been a virtue of NASCAR and to expect it is futile.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    Yeah, I remember the favoritism NASCAR showed to Davy Allison. That was a BS call for sure.
    JimBo, on one of Earnhardt Jr.'s video podcasts, which are pretty good by the way, Ricky Rudd tells about a dust up he had with arnhead at North Wilkesboro. Not the one where he and arnhead both spin, it was a couple years before that. This deal had arnhead dumping Ricky early in the race and Ricky payed arnhead back later on. Bill France Jr. personally came to Ricky after the race was over and ended up fining Ricky 10 grand for actions detrimental to the sport. My point is this, Ricky had already successfully messed with Billy France Jr.'s chosen one, arnhead, and then inadvertently spun Davey. Dave Marcis was closest to that deal and said it wasn't Ricky's fault but when you got on the bad side of Billy France Jr. you were going to be watched closely and penalized inconsistently.

Here's a video clip of Ricky explaining what had gone on at Wilkesboro. The whole clip is very good but the part about arnhead and Billy France Jr. at Wilkesboro begins at the 3:45 minute mark.

A lot of the hitting in the past was more bump and run stuff. There were some take outs but nothing like today where it’s considered normal to plow through someone on last lap

The Rudd Jr podcast was a great one.

Billy France Jr. saying anyone is detrimental to the sport didn't age real well did it? He himself has caused probably more detriment than any driver ever thought of.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I am a Ryan Blaney fan and feel bad he got wrecked. However this was a winner take all Busch clash.
    If this type of thing happen in a points nascar race, I would be a lot more of critic about it. Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    I am a Ryan Blaney fan and feel bad he got wrecked. However this was a winner take all Busch clash.If this type of thing happen in a points nascar race, I would be a lot more of critic about it. Just saying
    My point is.. Chase isn’t that good if he has to resort to the pure takeout move to win and NASCAR should be consistent and penalize the pure takeout moves. Bump n run is ok

Look, RAJ. I hated what Chase did. I did not like it PERIOD> However, it is the Busch Clash where it is winner take all. If he does it during the points season, then we will be dealing with something else. BTW I am a Larson, Bell and Blaney fan.

I can’t argue with that but I think this junk racing is becoming more the norm in cup series

That type of junk racing has filtered its way down to several series. Especially feeder series where young drivers think they have a pathway to NASCAR's three national venues. I've watched some asphalt super late model stuff that had me shaking my head at times.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

I agree Morgs. I remember leaving concord speedway after Trevor Bayne won a hooters cup race and he was doing donuts after the win. You didnt see that destruction of equipment at the local tracks back then. Too much big money now.

Flyboy, take my word for this, I know what I'm talking about due to more than a decade of reading TS FAN's cowardly BS. TS FAN aka power boy is accepting of how things went down last night because he is a pee wee jr. aka Kyle Busch nut hugger. He's way too cowardly to admit it but that's what's going on here. Had this been a few years ago and Jimmie Johnson had done what Elliott did you wouldn't see the "winner take all" BS excuse, you'd see a whole different level of hate from ol' power boy.

Kyle Busch doesn’t plow through people. Neither did Jeff Gordon or Rusty Wallace but they sure used the bump n run on the last lap if need be

Larson can’t seem to win against Kyle when the money is on the line.

If the France family would kick political correctness to the curb and let the drivers settle it on the track or in the pits, the real fans might come back!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    JimBo, on one of Earnhardt Jr.'s video podcasts, which are pretty good by the way, Ricky Rudd tells about a dust up he had with arnhead at North Wilkesboro. Not the one where he and arnhead both spin, it was a couple years before that. This deal had arnhead dumping Ricky early in the race and Ricky payed arnhead back later on. Bill France Jr. personally came to Ricky after the race was over and ended up fining Ricky 10 grand for actions detrimental to the sport. My point is this, Ricky had already successfully messed with Billy France Jr.'s chosen one, arnhead, and then inadvertently spun Davey. Dave Marcis was closest to that deal and said it wasn't Ricky's fault but when you got on the bad side of Billy France Jr. you were going to be watched closely and penalized inconsistently.

Here's a video clip of Ricky explaining what had gone on at Wilkesboro. The whole clip is very good but the part about arnhead and Billy France Jr. at Wilkesboro begins at the 3:45 minute mark.

They don't call him the "rooster" for nothing lol

You're kidding about pee wee jr., right? LOLOLOLOLOL!

CIRF, HORNADAY had that coming for several years. He treated Kyle like garbage. He deserved the fence that day.