Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

My feeling is its because of safety.. I don't think they want any joe blow driver showing up there with hardly any experience being 30 mph slower and causing issues.. And you know its gonna attract a few of them because its Bristol.. The speed is gonna be scary fast as it is, let alone having to deal with a car being way off the pace and possibly causing issues...

Quote Originally Posted by 06Tireman View Post
    My feeling is its because of safety.. I don't think they want any joe blow driver showing up there with hardly any experience being 30 mph slower and causing issues.. And you know its gonna attract a few of them because its Bristol.. The speed is gonna be scary fast as it is, let alone having to deal with a car being way off the pace and possibly causing issues...
    But they can be there for the $50k race? Doesn't make sense.

They were turning the same or faster times at Volusia last week as they were in the early 00's at Bristol.
    Last edited by NeedforLM$peed; 02-16-2021 at 07:50 PM.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Thumbs down Keep your Eliteism.

"Invite-Only", yes lets make DLM even more "Elite-est" than ever, like writing rules that favor those with the biggest budgets. 20 years ago when this was done the first time it was no issue for anyone to come because the heats easily separated who was ready and who wasn't, but blocking admission is about as Un-American as it gets. I'm guessing Mitch McConnell & Mitt Romney are writing the rules... A better approach in my book would be to have qualifying events leading up to the Bristol deal, like the original Hav A Tampa shootout. Take top 6 finishers(or however many) from different events around the country as qualifiers, then at least a man can race his way to it, instead of cronyism, "I like you, but I don't like you." The only issue that comes to mind was the first year with breaking lite weight wheels, I remember because Duralite ran an adv after with the plug, "The only wheel to survive Bristol". I abhor Elitism and Cronyism, so I won't be supporting this, I think America has had its fill with special treatment, havent you? Another idea would simply put in a performance specification for qualifying, you have to be within so many percent of the pole speed or you can't race, but no, we don't need a doorman deciding who can enter and who can't.

I don't understand all the commotion when the racer list or how many are evening going to be there hasn't even been announced yet. Just people b!tching cause they like to b!tch. Also if you don't like it, don't go...easy as that. It is your right to make that choice if you want to watch or not. Racers don't have the right to race anywhere they want to.
    Last edited by jp631989; 02-17-2021 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    But they can be there for the $50k race? Doesn't make sense.They were turning the same or faster times at Volusia last week as they were in the early 00's at Bristol.
    Two completely different promotional teams the 50k race is put on by a promotional group that is fairly new to the latemodel side of things so their trying to make some noise and drum up interest. The woo race is being put on by wrg and they don't need to generate any interest they are probably more concerned with putting in a well run efficient show that will be good for the fans. Unfortunately these types of shows generate interest from cars that truthfully have no right being on the same track as superlate models just to say they were their. Some people enjoy just going to the track and riding around making laps super late is not the place for that that's what beginner and crate classes are for

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Two completely different promotional teams the 50k race is put on by a promotional group that is fairly new to the latemodel side of things so their trying to make some noise and drum up interest. The woo race is being put on by wrg and they don't need to generate any interest they are probably more concerned with putting in a well run efficient show that will be good for the fans. Unfortunately these types of shows generate interest from cars that truthfully have no right being on the same track as superlate models just to say they were their. Some people enjoy just going to the track and riding around making laps super late is not the place for that that's what beginner and crate classes are for
    That response was laughable and a waste of time
    2021 race count
    6 events

The banking is only 18 degrees way less than last time, I dont think its going to be anything special.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    WOO in April is invite only.
    Posted on WOO website and DOD.
    Thanks.

I talked to someone who was in Florida and it sounds like most top teams (minus Lucas who have races scheduled) will be skipping Bristol in March to see how it goes and whether they go in April. We'll see. People tend to change their mind once it gets closer to race time.

They were never going to have big car counts for either of the WoO shows. They should have just made it mandatory to preregister and they would have seen where interest was actually at and they could have avoided this PR nightmare
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I'm pretty sure the woo races are gonna be live tv races. And they don't want every squid d!ck and there brother out there

Wasn't I-55 a paved track that they put dirt over. That was a 1/2 mile with some banking. To dang old to remember but I'm sure someone does. I think this Bristol deal isn't going to be anything near what the first go around was. The teams that were there on the first go around remember how hard the place was on equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by LeafMaster41 View Post
    "Invite-Only", yes lets make DLM even more "Elite-est" than ever, like writing rules that favor those with the biggest budgets. 20 years ago when this was done the first time it was no issue for anyone to come because the heats easily separated who was ready and who wasn't, but blocking admission is about as Un-American as it gets. I'm guessing Mitch McConnell & Mitt Romney are writing the rules... A better approach in my book would be to have qualifying events leading up to the Bristol deal, like the original Hav A Tampa shootout. Take top 6 finishers(or however many) from different events around the country as qualifiers, then at least a man can race his way to it, instead of cronyism, "I like you, but I don't like you." The only issue that comes to mind was the first year with breaking lite weight wheels, I remember because Duralite ran an adv after with the plug, "The only wheel to survive Bristol". I abhor Elitism and Cronyism, so I won't be supporting this, I think America has had its fill with special treatment, havent you? Another idea would simply put in a performance specification for qualifying, you have to be within so many percent of the pole speed or you can't race, but no, we don't need a doorman deciding who can enter and who can't.
    Just a kind way of saying, leave your 1984 Rayburn at home.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Wasn't I-55 a paved track that they put dirt over. That was a 1/2 mile with some banking. To dang old to remember but I'm sure someone does. I think this Bristol deal isn't going to be anything near what the first go around was. The teams that were there on the first go around remember how hard the place was on equipment.
    When wasI-55 ever a paved track or a half mile where did get that information from.

I-70, High banked with dirt on top. Only attended a couple of races back in early 80's, but some great races (both Sprints and Late Models on the bill). Friendship in North Carolina is a small version as it is dirt on pavement, 18 degrees as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the woo races are gonna be live tv races. And they don't want every squid d!ck and there brother out there
    Do we have info on these being live tv races?

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    Do we have info on these being live tv races?
    All woo races are live on dirtvision so the info should be on their website

Isn't every WoO race on dirtvision?
    Last edited by NeedforLM$peed; 02-18-2021 at 11:51 PM.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Sorry, said I-55, when it was I -70.

WOO Bristol races are on Dirtvision, Bristol Dirt Nationals are on racerXR.com at $34.99 a month for subscription. From the Bristol website: No Coolers allowed inside of the grandstand gates for this event.

To comply with social distancing, coolers will not be allowed. Unopened food and drinks are allowed, but must be in a clear bag no larger than 14x14x14 inches in diameter. (Please see Prohibited List for more information). Protocals for Bristol races:
    COVID SAFETY PRECAUTIONS

Bristol Motor Speedway’s modified event procedures, protocols and number of attendees will be under the guidance of public health officials, medical experts, and local, state and federal officials. Protocols will include social distancing, enhanced sanitation in high-touch public areas and added hand sanitizer stations.

The safety of our fans and employees is our top priority. These safety precautions have been put in place to keep you safe. Please follow our guidelines closely.

All Fans and Team Members are required to Wear face Masks

All team members are required to wear a face mask at all times. Fans are required to wear a face mask when they arrive, while entering the gates and in high traffic areas. Fans may feel free to remove their mask when they are in their assigned seat location.

Social Distancing Required in all high traffic areas, gate entry and grandstand seating.

Social distancing will be required amongst groups of fans in the grandstands and individually in concession lines and restrooms.

SCREENING PROTOCOLS

Non-Invasive Temperature Checks on all Suite Guests and Grandstand Guests at gate entry.

All Suite Guests and Grandstand Guests will be required to have a non-invasive temperature check before entering the gates.

Temperature Check for all employees

All Employees, Teams, Officials and Industry Employees will be required to have a temperature check upon entering Bristol Motor Speedway grounds.

SOCIAL DISTANCING PROTOCOLS

No contact on ticket scanning or concessions transaction

All tickets will be e-tickets and scanned on the fans’ mobile devices when entering the gates. All concessions will only accept credit or debit card transactions.

No cash will be accepted at any concessions.

All parking passes will be scanned upon entry

All parking passes must be reserved prior to the event (including accessible parking). Parking permits will be e-tickets and scanned upon entering the parking areas.

No Trams or Shuttles available, except for Accessible Parking areas for this event.

Trams and Shuttles, if available, will be limited to mobility limited fans with limited spaces to ensure social distancing.

No Coolers allowed inside of the grandstand gates for this event.

To comply with social distancing, coolers will not be allowed. Unopened food and drinks are allowed, but must be in a clear bag no larger than 14x14x14 inches in diameter. (Please see Prohibited List for more information).

SANITIZATION AND DISINFECTION PROTOCOLS

Cleaning and Disinfecting high traffic areas.

Based on CDC Guideline, a certified cleaning crew will increase frequency of cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces and locations.

Use of Hand Sanitizer

BMS has strategically placed hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the BMS facility, including in high traffic areas such as near concession stands and concourse walking areas. Guests are encouraged to use hand sanitizer frequently while at BMS.

Employee PPE

All BMS staff will be provided masks/facial coverings for use when they are in close contact with other persons. Additionally, employees who may come in contact with others or because of their unique roles that come in contact with fans will wear gloves during the event.

Restrooms will be frequently monitored

All restrooms will be frequently monitored with personnel who will disinfect all high touch areas within the restrooms on a regular basis.

Concessions Condiments / Topping Stations

Ketchup, mustard and other condiments will now be securely stored and served to guests upon request.

Ashley stremme said somthing about it on a podcast I listened to the other day that there is announcement coming