Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    Isn't every WoO race on dirtvision?
    I was meaning actual tv as opposed to streaming.

Sounds like TN needs to have Desantis re-write their guidelines! ....geez!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    It's funny you say that, because when we were in Gatlinburg Tennessee a couple months ago, nobody cared about social distancing or masks, just like it was when we were at east bay last month. I got a good buddy that's down there right now with his family, and it's still the same.

They're probably pushing it so hard because nascar has their name all over it.

Before anyone gets all bent out of shape. Me and the wife both just went through having covid last week. We wear our masks and done what were told to do, it didn't matter.

Stalker! lol

I was in Gatlinburg the week after Christmas and Eastbay for the Lucas races. How many times did we pass each other?lol

Desantis has proven in our state that lockdowns arent necessary. He has fought very hard to find the right balance between keeping our residents safe and keeping our economy going.

DeSantis isn't afraid to stand up to the media either. They know he's a political threat for office in 2024 and they have already begun to drag him through the mud.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Kyle Larson coming

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by jp631989 View Post
    ...Racers don't have the "right to race anywhere they want to."
    Actually the constitution says, they do according to the "equal protection" clause. Is this FB or Twitter, am I only allowed to comment if I agree with you? No, it isn't. I gave my POV and even some possible solutions to allow equal opportunity, not equal outcome. Elitism needs to go. And you are correct, I can and will exercise my right to boycott by not watching or attending. Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by 06Tireman View Post
    My feeling is its because of safety.. I don't think they want any joe blow driver showing up there with hardly any experience being 30 mph slower and causing issues.. And you know its gonna attract a few of them because its Bristol.. The speed is gonna be scary fast as it is, let alone having to deal with a car being way off the pace and possibly causing issues...
    You hit the nail squarely on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Two completely different promotional teams the 50k race is put on by a promotional group that is fairly new to the latemodel side of things so their trying to make some noise and drum up interest. The woo race is being put on by wrg and they don't need to generate any interest they are probably more concerned with putting in a well run efficient show that will be good for the fans. Unfortunately these types of shows generate interest from cars that truthfully have no right being on the same track as superlate models just to say they were their. Some people enjoy just going to the track and riding around making laps super late is not the place for that that's what beginner and crate classes are for
    Agreed. Also, Mike Van Gendren (who is putting on the other shows) runs a very tight program and can run off a lot of races in an efficient manner.

No one is forcing anyone to go to this event. If people don't like the protocols that have been set forth, then they are free to not go. It is as simple as that.

I'm going to the WOO late model event. Could care less about wearing mask for entry, just glad I don't have to after getting to my seat.

What's the point of invite only if Blake Spencer got one. Although I believe he's running the tour full time so not sure why the "announcement".
    2021 race count
    6 events

It's more about Bristol Motor Speedway's guidelines than Tennessee's. We've been wide open (race tracks) since late May. Had record setting crowds at Tazewell in late May and another at Smoky Mountain for the Lucas race in mid June. Bristol is just enacting the same protocols they have in place for NASCAR races.

Quote Originally Posted by 50Dixon50 View Post
    Kyle Larson coming
    Kyle Larson is going to the Bristol Dirt Nationals. Doesn’t know yet if he’s going to the invite only WoO races

Whats the word on how many invites will be sent out ?

Rumblings on the Sprint Car side are about 50 invites, but then again Woo Sprint format is different than Woo LM format.

Larson won’t be at WoO late model event... well maybe he could race Friday night I guess. Running martinsville Saturday night in cup series.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Quote Originally Posted by slideiton View Post
    Rumblings on the Sprint Car side are about 50 invites, but then again Woo Sprint format is different than Woo LM format.
    What’s the difference?
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

One of the big differences is the Sprints don't have a 6 heat format for car counts over 49.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 50Dixon50 View Post
    Kyle Larson coming
    Might as well just fill out the winners check in his name already then ! !