Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    My old home track Crown Point Speedway (Southlake / Broadway) in Northwest Indiana. Closed in February 2006. Used to get a lot of Wisconsin, Illinois, & Michigan drivers each year for weekly shows.ALSO Santa Fe Speedway on the Southwest side of Chicago (93rd & Wolf Road) Closed in 1995
    Heard those places were cool. Hales Corners was a place I wish I could have seen also.

ZERO 25 you can still see where the track was in Wewahitchka. Drive by there often

Tennessee Motor Speedway in Baxter, TN.

Cleveland TN

A lot of history was made at the old Anniston Alabama speed way , it was a bit before my time but would have loved to have witnessed a race there , It closed and when i was about 15 years old , they converted the old freemans motocross track down the road at Eastaboga into what is now TST , I knew a lot of the old timers that raced there and heard many , many old stories from them , most have passed now....

Quote Originally Posted by smooth 32 View Post
    Hales, Crown Point, Freeport rank right up there with Santa Fe, as far as being missed... but Bureau County Speedway in Princeton, Il. is the one I miss more. Hate to see LaSalle heading down that path...
    Ditto on Bureau Co.even tho I've been there. Santa Fey is one I wished I had attended. Just never got there.

Atomic,Cleveland,and Pennsboro are 3 that come to mind.

Ascot, Manzy and Midwest Speedway

Challenger and pennsboro.

I sure miss Rensselaer Raceway in IN

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    A lot of history was made at the old Anniston Alabama speed way , it was a bit before my time but would have loved to have witnessed a race there , It closed and when i was about 15 years old , they converted the old freemans motocross track down the road at Eastaboga into what is now TST , I knew a lot of the old timers that raced there and heard many , many old stories from them , most have passed now....
    Went to my first race at tst late 70s early 80s been to all ice bowls but 2, I've never heard about it being a motocross track.

I'd love to see another race at winchester in tn .

I77 Chester SC. Word is that it’s presently being torn down. Ken Schrader had a Chevy Dealership in Whitmire SC. He stopped by I77 and tried to buy it, they wouldn't sell

That place produced great racing....sad to hear.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The old Dublin NC before it was made smaller...

Green Valley

I've read about the track at Hoke's Bluff,Alabama and looked at it on Google Maps. It had to be a bad fast place especially in the original configuration.

It only lasted a couple of years,but the Memphis-Arkansas Speedway in Lehi,Arkansas would be on my list. 1.5 mile dirt track that hosted Nascar races in the 1950's. The track is easily viewable on Google Maps,and you can see the banking from I-40. The last few times we've gone by I've noticed that large no trespassing signs with video surveillance warnings have been added around the track. Also,the El Paso and Wynn Stadium 1/2 mile tracks in Arkansas.

Pennsboro for the atmosphere.
    Formerly 66#1

Atomic is the one I missed most, went there 2 times and was rained out both times, on the good side. that is where I met Leebo and Miss Bea and went to a 4M breakfast with them at The Dinner Bell.
    Also years and years ago, Decatur Speedway, Decatur, AL, only there a couple of years, I-65 got it. It was in the Southeast corner of I-65 and I-565.
    Last edited by d-glenn; 02-21-2021 at 08:22 AM.
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldmodhasbeen View Post
    I sure miss Rensselaer Raceway in IN
    a rare "D" shaped track. enjoyed many nights of racing there, along with crown point. may they rest in peace

Quote Originally Posted by oldmodhasbeen View Post
    ZERO 25 you can still see where the track was in Wewahitchka. Drive by there often
    Thx for the heads up.

Ill make it a point to swing by on one of my annual hunting trips to the panhandle!

fwiw......Epj ran there in a mod a few times!