Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Praise the lord!!!!!!

What was conflicting scheduling in the area ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    They must have got spooked by Bristol.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    World Of Outlaws Late Model Series race at Bristol.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Or was it a certain track owner that called Forrest Lucas ? and said what can you do for me if something comes your way.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Or was it a certain track owner that called Forrest Lucas ? and said what can you do for me if something comes your way.
    In my best stone cold Steve Austin voice "what?"

That makes absolutely no sense

Quote Originally Posted by TeNfOMaFiA69 View Post
    That makes absolutely no sense

There has got to be some politics being played here.

Lucas would never reschedule for WRG..
    2021 tracks
    Florence 2
    Atomic 2
    (PPV) & Streams ( 2 many)
    (MMP) 1
    (PRP) 3
    (BrushCreek) 1
    (the Rock) 1

It could have been a request from 411 owners?
    Some Lucas drivers also???

Should be a nice stacked field now
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

It just doesn't make sense to run 2 national tour races within what 2 hours of each other? Lucas had the date first tho which makes it (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty on the outlaws part imo

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    It just doesn't make sense to run 2 national tour races within what 2 hours of each other? Lucas had the date first tho which makes it (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty on the outlaws part imo
    While your absolutely right, I’m sure that was the date WoO was given. I truly think the series are past the measuring contest.

It was probably discussed, BMS said here it is, and then cooler heads prevailed and they all worked together. I’d say all the tracks and the series didn’t want that crap show. Woulda been insanely dumb.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I feel this is a good thing for the national DLM scene. In my opinion this is the way it should work, and for the most part the WOOLM & the LOLMS have worked pretty well together over the last few years. Even if only a handful of Lucas drivers race at BMS that weekend. It is good for both series and especially good for the fans.

Who owns bristol ? It's either hump wheeler or Burton smith. You think for 1 minute they are not involved. I don't care who is promoting the show, because he isn't putting all the money up for this show. That scheduling conflict has been there since day one. Now all of a sudden, months after, it's taken care of. No more conflict. It took the right person talking to the right person, period.

Briton Smith owns Bristol. Humpy Wheeler used to be the GM for Charlotte Motor Speedway. I am not 100% sure- but I think Briton’s son heads up all the tracks under his dad’s ownership?

It is a win/win for everyone -regardless of who/what/ where took place! Let’s just be glad it did. No races lost because 411 & Talladega was moved to an open date in May and now more quality of drivers can race Bristol if they choose to do so.
    Win/Win in my book!

Bruton Smith

Who owns bristol ? It's either hump wheeler or Burton smith. You think for 1 minute they are not involved. I don't care who is promoting the show, because he isn't putting all the money up for this show. That scheduling conflict has been there since day one. Now all of a sudden, months after, it's taken care of. No more conflict. It took the right person talking to the right person, period.
    Even though Lucas had the date out first, I’d assume they realized that two races on top of each other that close was a losing proposition for them. Good for them rescheduling, the folks at WRG/Bristol weren’t going to budge.

I give Lucas major props, they continue to put fans first.

Pennsboro
    Great post!

I live about half way between the 2 tracks. All my local racing buddies and I bought tickets to Bristol. We can go to 411 anytime but not to a dirt race at Bristol. I was there the 2 years they put dirt on Bristol and both were entertaining weekends. My money is spent on entertainment not loyalty to a series.
    I personally think Mitch McCarter at 411 may have seen the writing on the wall for his attendance?

Our granddaughters are in northeast Knoxville. Been looking for a reason to see a show at 411 for several years now, and now it works. This will be track #117 for me. (I think) (maybe?). Can’t wait.