Default Generational drivers

https://racer.com/2021/02/20/ty-gibb...xfinity-debut/ . Looks like kid has major talent but for some reason I’m just not into it. It just doesn’t impress me much. I prefer the kid on the shoestring budget that is getting up at 4am on a school day to work on car before school and is calling to order parts that are needed for the next race. Why am I wrong? Am I a mean person for feeling this way?

My opinion you aren’t wrong. Find myself rooting against him yet I have no reason other than his access to family money and resources. There’s been silver spoon kids come along before that never attained success but he looks to be on a fast track. But I find myself asking this, if I begrudge his lineage contributing to his success why don’t I feel that way about Dale Jr.?
    I hate time trials.

Ty is a great kid, and yes, he has the best money can buy. I have known Ty's dad since he was racing late models, they are truly racers (everyone associates coach so much with sports in general, both Coy and JD raced on their own although money was never an issue). Ty himself eats and breaths racing (I saw him Friday before he headed to Florida, he was truly just excited to get to race. We joked with him about laying money on him, wish I had), I too hate the spoiled rich kid thing but in this case I truly know how much he wanted this. He is just fortunate enough to have the backing to do it. Anyone who watched the race knows he put it all on the line and earned every bit of that win!

He ran a great race. I watched the last 15 or so laps. Was odd to see 22 do that well with no right front bodywork on the car. I guess the banking portions of track are not long enough for it to matter. I prefer original 24hr course over turn 4 chicane.

All the money in the world is not going to produce a win at that race yesterday without talent.
    Ty is flat talented, performance speaks for itself IMO

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    All the money in the world is not going to produce a win at that race yesterday without talent.Ty is flat talented, performance speaks for itself IMO
    I’m going to say BS on this. Plenty of talent out there that does not have the funds to compete.

Flyboy, what he is saying is that regardless of how much money was spent on Ty, he had to flat out perform to win. Yes, unfortunately racing is a sport that talent without money keeps great racers unnoticed; however that race was not won because of funding, he took it. I will say easier to get to that level when money is no object, but you still have to outrun great teams/cars in the end, which he did.

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    Flyboy, what he is saying is that regardless of how much money was spent on Ty, he had to flat out perform to win. Yes, unfortunately racing is a sport that talent without money keeps great racers unnoticed; however that race was not won because of funding, he took it. I will say easier to get to that level when money is no object, but you still have to outrun great teams/cars in the end, which he did.
    There isn’t much talent out there. Not any cup drivers now. Allmendinger was damaged. Cindric was it and he was not exactly driving nice.

Maybe I’m just too old now 😜😁