Thread: Heavy rearend

Default Heavy rearend

just starting in the crate class and have a lot of questions. my first question is what is the lastest thinking on putting weight on the rearend or is this a done and gone thing? thanks for any info

Quote Originally Posted by cross flag View Post
    just starting in the crate class and have a lot of questions. my first question is what is the lastest thinking on putting weight on the rearend or is this a done and gone thing? thanks for any info
    It's still some do, some don't. It kinda comes down to how your car drove before the weight. It can give you fits on a rough track too.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by cross flag View Post
    Think about the kinda track/s youre racing on.......you dont always need it on the lr.

another question, do you recommend ball bearing hub bearings?

Quote Originally Posted by hipower17 View Post
    another question, do you recommend ball bearing hub bearings?
    I do not. An annular bearing while it does have less resistance in a rolling direction without side loads a std tapered bearing has less with side loads then the annular. Using a good Timken tapered bearing over an import bearing is a large decrease in rolling resistance. A polished/REM'ed import bearing is barely better then a unmodified Timken bearing

I never ran the higher dollar rearends and bearing that averting was so high on years back in the crate stuff. Still qualified and raced in the front when we had big shows in my area. That was back when j.d. would regularly drop down to crate, with Rambo and ray Cook and such.