Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tumble Buggy Driver Kicks Ass At Daytona Road Course!

Hmmmm. A midget driver won a Cup division race on the road course at Daytona International Speedway. As of this minute both Christopher Bell and Kyle Larson have won races on the road course at Daytona.

I'm wondering, has a generic super dirt late model driver ever won a major race on the road course at Daytona? Anyone...................Bueller.................. ...Bueller....................Bueller? LOLOLOLOL!!
    Last edited by CIRF; 02-21-2021 at 11:30 PM.

It was a great display of skill and bravery the way he ran the #22 car down from a great distance and then passed him at the right time ! ! CIRF was correct with his telling us just how good this youngster is ! ! Tyler Redik is a former taxi cab driver and he hasn't impressed at all ! !
    Last edited by Raceready; 02-22-2021 at 04:03 PM.

Please. You fan boys crack me up.

Bell had trouble winning Xfinity races with dwindling talent drivers when he was driving the absolute best equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Please. You fan boys crack me up.
    Glad you're entertained by the truth. That doesn't happen often around here.

The midget/dirt open wheel drivers seem to have a knack for making the transition. Jeff Gordon was a midget driver, so was Stewart, now it's Larson, Bell and Briscoe who are getting it done! Do ya' see a pattern? Probably not. If you would admit the obvious you'd have to acknowledge that the midget/dirt open wheel drivers get it done at the top levels of racing, but naturally you won't. LOL!!

Have ya' come up with any names of SDLM drivers who've transitioned and won NASCAR Cup road course races and/or the Rolex 24? We'll wait! Hahahaha!

Bell had trouble winning Xfinity races with dwindling talent drivers when he was driving the absolute best equipment.
    What in the world are you talking about, Bell won more than his share of races in the Xfininty series...

https://www.racing-reference.info/dr...ristopher_Bell . He did have 16 wins total and 8 in one season. I guess you are correct Evel . That shows you how little I have watched xfinity as of late.

Wink

https://www.racing-reference.info/dr...ristopher_Bell . He did have 16 wins total and 8 in one season. I guess you are correct Evel . That shows you how little I have watched xfinity as of late.
    Thank you ! ! It takes a pretty big man to admit when he was wrong ! How big are you anyway, 300 pound ? LOLOL ! !

I don’t watch much anymore and can only remember a few wins from him. Record book don’t lie though

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    What in the world are you talking about, Bell won more than his share of races in the Xfininty series...
    Evel, at The Chili Bowl I've spoken to several racers and car owners who competed against CBell when he was getting started and his first couple years at the Tulsa Shootout. Every single person I've had conversations with say basically the same thing regarding Bell's talent. They said he would regularly beat you with lesser equipment. They said he can switch seats and beat his own equipment with your equipment. From the first time they watched him race it was overwhelmingly evident that he is supremely talented and not one person indicated that they were surprised that he's where he is today.

What I have personally noticed about Bell is he appears to be coldly calculating and patient in the heat of the racing moment. In those regards, in my opinion, he is quite different from Larson who seems to be able to seize opportunities that are barely there and push the envelope and make it work in the majority of instances. As I've said many times, what I comprehend in my bleacher seat may well be totally erroneous, it's just the feeling I get regarding the two of them.

I don’t think NASCAR has the best race drivers anymore. When the current top 5 or so retire that will officially be the end of an era that had many greats. This rich kids aren’t good enough to be in the race cars they are in.

Bell, Larson and Briscoe are NOT rich boys. All three come from families who can be described only as people of average, middle class financial means. Their NASCAR rides came from being REALLY good and winning the high profile, highly prestigious events. Bell won The Chili Bowl and ran very good against the WoO's guys. Bell won the Belleville Midget Nationals.

Larson won all three of the USAC National events at Eldora in one night having never seen the place, he won the Belleville Midget Nationals having never seen the place. He won the Horn Memorial on the Du Quoin Fairgrounds Magic Mile dirt in his first start there. He won the Gold Cup out west. He won Turkey Night at Perris, California. I could go on.

Briscoe paid his dues racing all over the Midwest driving cars he and his family owned. His dad, Kevin was a journeyman wingless 410 driver from the early 1980's through the mid 2000's and Chase learned a ton from his dad. Briscoe won the ARCA Championship and that's what really got him noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Evel, at The Chili Bowl I've spoken to several racers and car owners who competed against CBell when he was getting started and his first couple years at the Tulsa Shootout. Every single person I've had conversations with say basically the same thing regarding Bell's talent. They said he would regularly beat you with lesser equipment. They said he can switch seats and beat his own equipment with your equipment. From the first time they watched him race it was overwhelmingly evident that he is supremely talented and not one person indicated that they were surprised that he's where he is today.What I have personally noticed about Bell is he appears to be coldly calculating and patient in the heat of the racing moment. In those regards, in my opinion, he is quite different from Larson who seems to be able to seize opportunities that are barely there and push the envelope and make it work in the majority of instances. As I've said many times, what I comprehend in my bleacher seat may well be totally erroneous, it's just the feeling I get regarding the two of them.
    Bell came out to our local kart track a few years ago with a friend of mine, jumped in my kart to make a few laps-was running times quicker than the professionals. I asked him how many times he ran these type karts (2cycle 125cc sit up sprint karts), said this was the first time he went left and right...I offered to let him drive my limited late model, he was all for it (the owner didn't want to, had never heard of him at the time). I can say he is one of the most talented I have ever seen, just like Kyle. Would agree he sits back and takes advantage instead of trying to make it happen. In my opinion it worked better on Sunday....Both are the future of motorsports though.

Bell came out to our local kart track a few years ago with a friend of mine, jumped in my kart to make a few laps-was running times quicker than the professionals. I asked him how many times he ran these type karts (2cycle 125cc sit up sprint karts), said this was the first time he went left and right...I offered to let him drive my limited late model, he was all for it (the owner didn't want to, had never heard of him at the time). I can say he is one of the most talented I have ever seen, just like Kyle. Would agree he sits back and takes advantage instead of trying to make it happen. In my opinion it worked better on Sunday....Both are the future of motorsports though.
    Great story, Evel!!

The first time I had the honor to watch Mr. Bell race was at Little Belleville in Illinois. It was a POWRi event. At that time it was becoming clearly apparent that Larson was going to be moving to stock cars. Bell was maybe 18 at the time. A friend I was setting with that night told me to keep an eye on Bell. He'd been following Bell's career up to that point. Bell didn't show all that much in his heat race but in his qualifier and the A-main he was spectacular. This was the first season he was with Keith Kunz and Pete Willoughby. You know where things went from there. It was clear even to a bleacher jockey like myself that he was going to be special, and he is!

The rest of the story on Bell is even better, but sounds like such BS I won't bother... My location and job put me in the middle of such a diverse racing piece that when I look at it I truly feel like Forrest Gump. I have spoken with Cup champions, team owners, F1 drivers, Indy car, World of Outlaw winners and a very famous rock star all within hours of each other-then head out to race a dirt late model. I have had a very cool career (it's not quite over), may not have made it as successfully as a driver as I would have liked but have been able to work with and get to know racers in all forms of the sport. Truly though, the fans are what make racing what it is...

The rest of the story on Bell is even better, but sounds like such BS I won't bother... My location and job put me in the middle of such a diverse racing piece that when I look at it I truly feel like Forrest Gump. I have spoken with Cup champions, team owners, F1 drivers, Indy car, World of Outlaw winners and a very famous rock star all within hours of each other-then head out to race a dirt late model. I have had a very cool career (it's not quite over), may not have made it as successfully as a driver as I would have liked but have been able to work with and get to know racers in all forms of the sport. Truly though, the fans are what make racing what it is...
    That is some very cool stuff, Evel!

Just wanted to clarify some things about that night at Little Belleville. Larson was a dirt racing sensation at that time (don't remember the exact year but it had to be 2011-2012) but he didn't run POWRi stuff much at all and was in the process of making his move to the big time. Bryan Clauson was the gold standard benchmark driving anything without fenders and wings even more so than Larson. When Bell hooked up with Keith & Pete he began to regularly challenge BC for top banana in the midgets.

Shane Hmeil was already in a wheel chair and Levi Jones (this was well before Levi went to work for USAC) was recently retired from driving. They were mutually involved with a midget at that time and had their car at Little Belleville that night. I crossed paths with both Shane & Levi together at one of the concession stands. I knew Levi a little from camping next to his family's motor home a couple of times at Terre Haute. I asked them if this Bell kid was the real deal and they both looked at me like I had 2 heads. They both said emphatically to enjoy the time that Bell is racing dirt open wheel cars because he won't be around that type racing very long. They both said Bell was at least as good as Larson, maybe better, if that's possible.

Never forgot that and, of course, they were spot on!

Larson might be a NASCAR star one day. Bell never will be.

That would be his choice......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    That would be his choice......
    Win and you are in 😜👍

Larson might be a NASCAR star one day. Bell never will be.
    Bell already is, trust me when I tell you the respect for him from his peers is immense. I can tell you team owners are truly mad at themselves for not snatching him up before Toyota sealed the deal.