Thread: Dart Heads

Default Dart Heads

Been trying to order a pair of Dart Platinum iron heads and what I get from all my regular suppliers is unavailable till prox April, May,?. Apparently been back ordered since last July most places. Didn't have any problem getting a new 400 iron block from them a couple of months ago but, now, no heads.

Got Darts on 2 other engines but the set I was going to put on the new engine are pretty beat up as well as being 200cc when I really need 215s. With RHS dropping their very good iron heads a few years back it doesn't leave many options in the heavies we are required to run. Got small Bowties, old double humps, RHS, etc. all in the shop but nothing really applicable for what I want.

Anyone got a source for the Darts? Bare only, no warehouse generic built crap.

Should have put the part number. It's DRT10510020P.

Unfortunately, Jeg's website ad is incorrect. Had them check with Dart and they said 12 weeks out. Got feelers out with several friends and may have a line on a few of them. Thanks though, Lizardracing.

I don't think your gonna find any unless you get lucky and some small shop has a pair sitting around. I just spoke to my engine guy about these earlier this week. He does over 100 sets a year and has not been able to get a set since November. He told me the same thing supposed to be mid April. He has thirty sets on order. He also can't get blocks for certain stuff. He said dart is a mess right now. I guess they drink the covid kool-aid a little too strong. I have a set of large port bowie vortec castings brand new in the box that I would probably let go for what I paid plus shipping

So far I've only found one at a west coast distributor. Got all my machine shop/ builder friends checking for another or a pair of not beat up used ones. Showing some promise but know I'll gag when I find out what they want. The old supply and demand thingy. Wish we could run aluminum, lots of choices there. D@mn rules makers.