Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Davenport Off Lucas Tour?????

So I’m reading Kyle Busch is his team mate at Bristol next month . Same days Lucas in Ohio and Indiana. Sorta said 5 bad races and you quit on a series. Shows less faith in your confidence to come back and win.

Probably going to chase the triple crown double down $
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

He's still ahead of Jimmy Owens in points after those bad races.

I I figured that there would be more than one too many big races.

So hes skipping 2 lucas races and if they get raind out how far behind would he b then

It’s Bristol Baby

Where we reading this info at? Not doubting, just curious and would like to read it for myself.

His schedule only has 2 missing lucas races

In the Lucas series don’t you have to run all the races or make a reasonable attempt to make it to all the shows in order to get the tow money each night? I thought the only exceptions were for things like deaths in the family, hauler breaking down, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HIGH ROLLER View Post
    His schedule only has 2 missing lucas races
    Missing any shows after Speedweek is essentially dropping off.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

He said Leaving speedweeks they weren't sure what they were going to do

He will run Texas over Knoxville weekend too

I doubt Landers counts on tow money. The chance to race Bristol may never happen again

Its more than just Bristol, its 3 shows that pay $50k each to win with the possibility of a bonus.

I said it earlier. Those big payday shows are going to make guys re-evaluate there schedules. Superman has shown he's not running as well as some of the other longhorn teams. You have these 3 big payday shows, you have eldora possibly running back to back worlds and dream races. This isn't taking into consideration that they can pick and choose between lucas and woo races. I won't be surprised to see some other top teams take this route also. The money is good for the sport but it can also hurt both traveling series. 2021 may be the year of pic an choose racin coming your way.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    I said it earlier. Those big payday shows are going to make guys re-evaluate there schedules. Superman has shown he's not running as well as some of the other longhorn teams. You have these 3 big payday shows, you have eldora possibly running back to back worlds and dream races. This isn't taking into consideration that they can pick and choose between lucas and woo races. I won't be surprised to see some other top teams take this route also. The money is good for the sport but it can also hurt both traveling series. 2021 may be the year of pic an choose racin coming your way.
    I agree there are 10 races that pay 40 grand or more to win even if eldora don't run.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    ... Superman has shown he's not running as well as some of the other longhorn teams. ...
    It's starting to remind me of CBR, a team with mucho resources and "meh" hit/miss performance. Hmmm? If the cars are kept in wherever, (Arkansas I think) but I'm not sure and Davenport is living in what, North Carolina. Maybe the problem lies with whoever is setting up the cars... Everybody(pretty much) knows JD can wheel a DLM, but apart from when Rumley sets up the cars the performance seems to meander down hill. Just look at CBR, the absolute best of the best went thru there with only 1 championship and that was with Barry Wright himself tuning that car. Everyone else struggled and left to do better things with less. Brandon Overton is spot on everywhere he goes without a Rumley, McCreadie runs good too, but JD flounders when he should be dominating. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but this seems to be an issue at several seemingly high profile teams. I'm pretty sure its why Madden left Rum Runner so quickly as well. If the crew chief and driver arent in sync or there is a power struggle over who knows whats best, it'll never work like it should. Clue me in if I'm far afield, but that's what I see and suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    He said Leaving speedweeks they weren't sure what they were going to do
    Yes he did. Old news.

superman could sell a lot of t-shirts running the hell tour

Didn't Lucas rearrange their schedule so as not to coincide with Bristol???