Default Berneice Baltes passes

She was 93.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Wow. These folks live long 👍👍. RIP. The Baltes built an amazing racetrack

RIP. Prayers for the family and friends. Been seeing her and an having an occasional chat every year since ‘95. She definitely was a special person.

She is in a place we're her and earl are reunited. RIP

Condolences to the Baltes family and friends.

They were such a great couple. Him running the track, her running the kitchen I believe.

To stay together that whole time, they were doing something right.

Now they are reunited, hopefully dancing the night away.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

RIP - the Queen of Eldora is now reunited with the King. Safe to say there will never be another pair quite like them in the race track business.

God has brought Earl's bride home, RIP.

That is a big loss to the racing community. RIP to a very special lady.

RIP Bernice. You and Earl did so much for dirt track racing.

Cool story. When I was 5-6 years old, My Dad took me to an indoor go kart race. I think it was at Hobart Arena in Troy, Ohio. We ran into Earl and Bernice on the concourse, so Dad had to introduce me to them. Earl gave me a dollar bill out of his pocket and put his initials on it. He told me "next time you see me, show me this dollar bill. I will give you another dollar bill each time you do". I was too young to see how cool this was and I never did ask him for another. I had the dollar bill framed for several years. Then me being young and dumb, I took it out and spent it. Now being 32, it would be great piece in my man cave. Nevertheless, such a great memory of the Baltes family.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldora > Your Track View Post
    RIP Bernice. You and Earl did so much for dirt track racing.

Cool story. When I was 5-6 years old, My Dad took me to an indoor go kart race. I think it was at Hobart Arena in Troy, Ohio. We ran into Earl and Bernice on the concourse, so Dad had to introduce me to them. Earl gave me a dollar bill out of his pocket and put his initials on it. He told me "next time you see me, show me this dollar bill. I will give you another dollar bill each time you do". I was too young to see how cool this was and I never did ask him for another. I had the dollar bill framed for several years. Then me being young and dumb, I took it out and spent it. Now being 32, it would be great piece in my man cave. Nevertheless, such a great memory of the Baltes family.
    Ha! My son did this for a number of years! The last time he did it he was about 13 or 14 and he went into the tower to get both him and Berneice to sign it. I have a bunch of pictures of it. Unfortunately like you, I can't find the that dollar bill anywhere now. Such a great couple! Those two were as much about my love for the place as the racing!