Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

I like they are having time limits on some preliminary races. That should help mover the program along.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I also just saw that Kurt Busch is entered as well.
    He was testing the mod Joey logano is racing at friendship in late January.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    First off I may be wrong but I think Bristol will stay on schedule and not be racing at 2 a.m. I will use Fayetteville as an example. I have seen them waste over an hour on a support class feature with 10 cars. Seeing support classes with full fields especially with guys I have never seen is fine with me at Bristol.

Now after the event I might have a different opinion.
    Thanks for the reply, I think I was at that race you used as an example, lol.....I totally get what you're saying about Bristol and you know the drivers are all just as jacked up to be there as we will be to see them there.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I think I was at that race you used as an example, lol.....I totally get what you're saying about Bristol and you know the drivers are all just as jacked up to be there as we will be to see them there.
    I was at a Clash/Lucas/WOO can't remember which is was at Fayetteville and it ended about 2 a.m. They still had features to run. I left, drove over an hour home, turned on my computer and saw updates that they were still racing.

When I attend a local Super show the race is about 75% of my entertainment. The other 25% is looking at cars, talking to folks, watching other races, buying a t-shirt. When I attend the World Finals the Super race is about 10% of my entertainment. I just enjoy the "event". I figure the Bristol show will be the same. That may seem odd but just the way it is for me.

Someone on Twitter asked Moyer Jr if he was going. His response was "No. Not a place for Owner/Driver"
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    foxfire2dirtracing: you may have been right. from:https://racexr.com/schedule-update-b...nationals-3-4/"Complete Schedule for the Karl Kustoms Bristol Dirt NationalsUPDATED: March 4, 2021Schedule may be revised at any time for any reason.UPDATES:3/1/21: After test sessions at Bristol Motor Speedway on February 24-25, 2021 track staff determined that practice before each event day would be detrimental to the track surface. In order to provide the best race surface possible racing will start in the afternoon. Practice will not be run on race days. Practice is available before the event on March 13 and 14, two sessions based on classes, order flipped the following day. See schedule for more details."
    They ain't seen detrimental yet but it' is on the way an you can't run 6 nights in Tennessee without rain then what are you going to do.

For me, it goes under the category of "event." In most cases I would not attend an eight class weekly show. Running all eight classes at some point during the weekend when fans are allowed is a plus for me. Most likely there will not be 1300 plus drivers still around by then, although not sure if they need to run a last chance race to get tow money. What I can say is everyone knows going in what is happening. Drivers were given ample opportunity to withdraw their entry if needed and other than the mini series for late models, it is not a point show. This show is not for the faint of heart, fans or racers. As we like to say, "it is what it is," so go and enjoy, or stay home and hope you can say "I told you so!"

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    Someone on Twitter asked Moyer Jr if he was going. His response was "No. Not a place for Owner/Driver"
    Bloomer must not of got the memo lol
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Especially when he has 0% chance of winning. At least he is openly able to admit that.

PushinDad

Your above post is spot on. Like you said “it’s not for everybody.”
    Could turn into an annual event or fade into the Tennessee mountainside after this year? Either way: we will be at Bristol in March and April and hope for great weekend “events” at both.
    (It’s racing with fans allowed)- a positive step going forward!

Heres moyers tweet. Nothing about owner/driver.https://twitter.com/21BMJ/status/136...238560770?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by T-MAC 39 FAN View Post
    Heres moyers tweet. Nothing about owner/driver.https://twitter.com/21BMJ/status/136...238560770?s=20
    The guy who replied why to BMJ, click that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    The guy who replied why to BMJ, click that.
    Ok i cant find that quote. My bad. For some reason it doesnt show. No biggie.
    Last edited by T-MAC 39 FAN; 03-05-2021 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PushinDad View Post
    For me, it goes under the category of "event." In most cases I would not attend an eight class weekly show. Running all eight classes at some point during the weekend when fans are allowed is a plus for me. Most likely there will not be 1300 plus drivers still around by then, although not sure if they need to run a last chance race to get tow money. What I can say is everyone knows going in what is happening. Drivers were given ample opportunity to withdraw their entry if needed and other than the mini series for late models, it is not a point show. This show is not for the faint of heart, fans or racers. As we like to say, "it is what it is," so go and enjoy, or stay home and hope you can say "I told you so!"
    I'm envious of all that do get to go....I'm certainly not the I told you so guy because I have zero complaints about too many classes.
    Too much racing in a night is like having too much money in the bank.....no such thing for me.
    I'm not real close to any track and figure if I've driven 100 plus miles one way ( closest track) then I'm already there and committed to whatever happens.....now that's not to say I won't crank the grill up or go and have a cold beer with a friend during a race that seems boring or a wreck fest but it's rare if ever you will here me bichin about too much racing.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

No doubt it will be a couple of long nights. It will be our first races of the year, so the tolerance level will be higher than if this were happening in say August! Mike Van Genderen is a master of track prep, so I feel like the track will be as good as they can make it. But yeah, it will be a lot of laps...

I can’t wait to watch a winged sprint rip around there in person
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Especially when he has 0% chance of winning. At least he is openly able to admit that.
    They will be going too fast ya know. That's what somebody on here said. hehe

Hopefully it won't be dusty. Dream on!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

I said there going to fast. At those speeds the closing rates for things to happen is much much higher. These cars are not constructed to take hits at those speeds. Especially the sprint car guys. Site lines in a SLM are not that good and when they hike the LR up in the corners it only gets worse. Let's all just hope for a safe race. I personally have seen some really good racing on 1/4 mile bullrings. I believe I heard the place is sold out, that was there intent from the get go on this deal. The cup race will probably be a joke, everybody understands that.

Forgive me if this has been addressed but how can the races at Bristol be watched? There's a whole bunch of them, are they all being televised/streamed?

I’m wondering the same thing. I bet to watch everything a person will have to have 2-3 of the what seems like 5-6 different subscription services available these days.