Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ricochet View Post
    Forgive me if this has been addressed but how can the races at Bristol be watched? There's a whole bunch of them, are they all being televised/streamed?
    https://racexr.plus/
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    Thank you, sir........... Not much info per say but a couple clicks and it seems the only option is to buy a 1 month subscription for 34 bucks. https://racexr.plus/join

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    I said there going to fast. At those speeds the closing rates for things to happen is much much higher. These cars are not constructed to take hits at those speeds. Especially the sprint car guys. Site lines in a SLM are not that good and when they hike the LR up in the corners it only gets worse. Let's all just hope for a safe race. I personally have seen some really good racing on 1/4 mile bullrings. I believe I heard the place is sold out, that was there intent from the get go on this deal. The cup race will probably be a joke, everybody understands that.
    Out of curiosity I watched some to racing at Bristol back in 2001. (yes I fixed it.) The track was smooth and with more racing room than most large tracks, things went pretty smooth except for some of the wheels not takings the stress and breaking apart. Very much like the racing at Eldora in many ways.

And you are right, any wrecks have the potential of being worse than on a small track. As a rule the cars are all going the same direction at about the same speed when accidents happen.
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 03-10-2021 at 02:28 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Out of curiosity I watched some to racing at Bristol back in 1991. The track was smooth and with more racing room than most large tracks, things went pretty smooth except for some of the wheels not takings the stress and breaking apart. Very much like the racing at Eldora in many ways.

And you are right, any wrecks have the potential of being worse than on a small track. As a rule the cars are all going the same direction at about the same speed when accidents happen.
    1991??????? Lmao!!!!!!!

Try 2000 and 2001
    Last edited by TeNfOMaFiA69; 03-08-2021 at 03:39 PM.

Currently the weather forecast is looking horrible. Rain Wed and Thursday. Friday high 35, Saturday High 42. Overnight lows mid 20's. Even chance of some at some points.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    Currently the weather forecast is looking horrible. Rain Wed and Thursday. Friday high 35, Saturday High 42. Overnight lows mid 20's. Even chance of some at some points.
    Gfs model shows it could be a pretty big storm by Monday. Good thing though at the moment it doesn't look like it will be specifically centered over that area.
    Last edited by NeedforLM$peed; 03-09-2021 at 10:47 AM.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Been snowed on before at Bristol in March... never know what you will get this early in year.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    Gfs model shows it could be a pretty big storm by Monday. Good thing though at the moment it doesn't look like it will be specifically centered over that area.
    Hey don't worry about it these guys are geniuses I'm sure they got it figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    Hey don't worry about it these guys are geniuses I'm sure they got it figured out.
    Who has what figured out?

Will heaters of any kind be allowed in the stands???
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by d-glenn View Post
    Will heaters of any kind be allowed in the stands???
    According to the track website: Heaters (No Buddy heaters, or heaters of any kind, propane or gas) are prohibited.

No heaters? How bout no coolers.

There may be another Cup driver entering the super late model portion of the Dirt Nationals. Could hear something any day now.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    There may be another Cup driver entering the super late model portion of the Dirt Nationals. Could hear something any day now.
    Elliott?......
    "The Wise One"

Quote Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
    Elliott?......
    Yes just seen it on Fb

ADD Chase Elliott to the list of drivers
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Ouch. You’d think it’d been bolted down in a better box. $50k, plastic box that someone can jack up and ruin the motor, wouldn’t want that risk.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy 37 View Post
    According to the track website: Heaters (No Buddy heaters, or heaters of any kind, propane or gas) are prohibited.
    They have nice aluminum bleachers that I’m sure someone would jack up or get too hot, can’t blame them at all.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I’m sure it’s been posted somewhere but anyone know how many grandstand tickets they were allowed to sell and what the odds of getting a walk up ticket for Saturday will be?