Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    Here is my take on this subject. Each of you go out there and fund a team. Regional, National, Summer Nats, makes no difference. Follow the entire schedule from start to finish. Then come back and tell us your opinion on provisionals.
    That's the problem with series racing. They only care what the drivers think. They have the only voice. It makes the product not fan friendly. We get drawn out marathons with lots of down time for pit stops, sheet metal pulls, etc. We get train races.

It makes it harder if you get no provisional, I get that. Most times, it also just puts you out there wearing your stuff out for start money.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 03-02-2021 at 06:33 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Here is my take on this subject. Each of you go out there and fund a team. Regional, National, Summer Nats, makes no difference. Follow the entire schedule from start to finish. Then come back and tell us your opinion on provisionals.
    That is it in a nutshell!!!!!

You all's upset about people being upset... 😁

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    You all's upset about people being upset... 
    Thanks for your input Mr. Obvious. We never made the conection.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Thanks for your input Mr. Obvious. We never made the conection.
    Well dang! Sarcasm much? 👅

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    That's the problem with series racing. They only care what the drivers think. They have the only voice. It makes the product not fan friendly. We get drawn out marathons with lots of down time for pit stops, sheet metal pulls, etc. We get train races.It makes it harder if you get no provisional, I get that. Most times, it also just puts you out there wearing your stuff out for start money.
    Yep along with qualifying and putting fastest guy on the point. Either pay qualifying points and have and invert or go to a pill draw. The fastest car starting on the pole of a race is never good for the fans.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

As long as you know them (provisions) before any car hits the track, it’s fair play.Want redraw/invert etc, enter a weekly show. Series followers should get catered to.Fans need to conceit to whom is putting the Big money in to have a show!A track provisional is usually on the track promoters dime, and a welcomed addition to a touring series show.

Without provisionals car counts would drop in touring series and people complaining now about provisionals would be complaining about the drop in car counts.

2 is ok. Maybe 3 depending on the event. 5+ isn't ok. A guy using one because of mechanical issue is ok. A guy using one almost every event isn't ok.
    2021 race count
    6 events

As long as you know them (provisions) before any car hits the track, it’s fair play.Want redraw/invert etc, enter a weekly show. Series followers should get catered to.Fans need to conceit to whom is putting the Big money in to have a show!A track provisional is usually on the track promoters dime, and a welcomed addition to a touring series show.
    The fans are the ones that make the big money possible. Forest Lucas isn't showing up with a checkbook.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    Without provisionals car counts would drop in touring series and people complaining now about provisionals would be complaining about the drop in car counts.
    I don't really see that as a problem. We are on our way to 30 super LM in the whole country already.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I don't really see that as a problem. We are on our way to 30 super LM in the whole country already.
    I laughed at this.

"Crony Capitalism" and "Participation Trophies" have been my favourite description so far. Some cars are just losers and if they want a second chance, well there's another race next week.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    I laughed at this.
    It wasn't a joke. Crates have replaced them all in many parts of the US already.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Cool

The fans are the ones that make the big money possible. Forest Lucas isn't showing up with a checkbook.
    "Fans need to conceit to whom is putting the Big money in to HAVE a show" No cars, no show.

Quote Originally Posted by CCHIEF View Post
    "Fans need to conceit to whom is putting the Big money in to HAVE a show" No cars, no show.
    No fans, no money, no show. Entertainers take what they can get. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it isn't squat. Depends on demand.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    You all's upset about people being upset... 
    I'm upset about people being upset about people being upset!!!! hehe
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

With the exception of last year's tour restart at East Bay.
    2021 race count
    6 events

And if your team had to qualify out of 300 cars to get into the feature event, how would you feel about provisionals being handed to the tour directors buddy?

BINGO!^^^^^

The only complaint I have is the same guys, nearly every race, getting an Emergency Provisional. They should limit those!