Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

RTJr👍.............

Default train

Does Smokey Mountain ever have good races? Anytime I watch a race from there it is always a train race.

I really hope we see something better tomorrow! We shall see.

(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) show.

This was the 4th straight year we’ve come up for this show, but I believe we’re going to pick something different next year. There’s too many negatives involved with this place. We spend way too much money at these tracks to keep dealing with the same stuff over and over at some of them.

I knew it was going to suck when it was glazed over in qualifying
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

You would think with that caliber of field they would’ve done everything possible to make the track racy and put on a great show. Nope, let’s give the track prep equipment the night off. What a disappointment.

Never quite understood all the talk about Smokey Mountain. It’s always been crap.

All aboard. The great smokey mtn Choo Choo pulls out as soon as we get the go ahead. That was terrible. I think they should have started all 50 cars. The winner could have been the guy that passed the most cars.

I got a question when they add the provisionals like 8 last night I wonder who pays them what if your the promoter and your planning on paying 24 positions your talking about a little money.

It is my understanding that the emergency provisionals (6 of the 8) do not get paid unless they finish ahead of a position that gets start pay and then they get only the difference between their finishing position and start pay. The total payout for the race is not impacted by emergency provisionals.

Quote Originally Posted by jwel View Post
    It is my understanding that the emergency provisionals (6 of the 8) do not get paid unless they finish ahead of a position that gets start pay and then they get only the difference between their finishing position and start pay. The total payout for the race is not impacted by emergency provisionals.
    Makes sense thanks

What happened to Clanton?

speaking of Smoky Mountain only, so the track was one groove and lack of track prep ? if its smooth and dry slick and takes rubber people complain if its tacky but rough people complain, if the track prep guy stops the racing to work on the track people complain because they were there all night and it was cold so all you track prep guru's tell me what the track is supposed to do ?? it was a bright sunshine filled day and winds at least 10mph all day plus hot laps started at 4:30 (to get the fans out of the cold) so all of the track prep wizards tell me and i will gladly pass this info to the track prep guy. also were any of you that are complaining at the race or watching on tv ? just asking because on tv they tend to just show alot of the leader and no one else. i am serious with my questions on track prep not being a smart a**

I guess I’ve been lucky about seeing a good race there but it was different time of the year too. I’ve been to 5 southern nationals races in July seen 2 good races and 3 that got rained out. Rain not bad prep always been my problem with the place.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt track junkie View Post
    speaking of Smoky Mountain only, so the track was one groove and lack of track prep ? if its smooth and dry slick and takes rubber people complain if its tacky but rough people complain, if the track prep guy stops the racing to work on the track people complain because they were there all night and it was cold so all you track prep guru's tell me what the track is supposed to do ?? it was a bright sunshine filled day and winds at least 10mph all day plus hot laps started at 4:30 (to get the fans out of the cold) so all of the track prep wizards tell me and i will gladly pass this info to the track prep guy. also were any of you that are complaining at the race or watching on tv ? just asking because on tv they tend to just show alot of the leader and no one else. i am serious with my questions on track prep not being a smart a**
    Was the track disked before they watered it? Probably not. I'm guessing they tried to water a rock. Those conditions you mentioned are nothing compared the conditions every Midwest track battle all summer long, and their racing is fantastic because they prep tracks properly and they're not afraid to use the disk and harrow. And their tracks are tacky and smooth.

This was Cherokee Saturday after their racing event and it still sucked on Sunday

https://mobile.twitter.com/ColePerki...52142806220800
    2021 race count
    6 events

Grading two or three inches just doesn't work..
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Default Track Prep

First off Lucas and WOO come once a year don't practice on the track the night before whether u start at 4 30 or 7 and as far as the cold they knew that all week should have moved it back a week or whenever but saying all that I still think if they would have started at 6 30 the fans would have still come out and I was there too.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    This was Cherokee Saturday after their racing event and it still sucked on Sunday

https://mobile.twitter.com/ColePerki...52142806220800
    It's not disked. Grading doesn't do anything to help get the water in the track. They need to take some lessons from Sarge or Helfrich.