Thread: 604 shortage

Default 604 shortage

anyone know about new 604 shortage???

They are having trouble getting block castings for 604 and 602. I was told mid may before we start seeing engines again.

depends on who you talk to what the reason is for the shortage
    I have heard a whole list----some make sense and some seem less believable but the bottom line is there are no engines for the next few weeks ---
    by no means do I have the inside scoop and I don't really think there are too many people that do but I have all the confidence that this is just a little bump in the road that is coming from the crazy times that we have all experienced in the last year

there is an actual bulletin from GM on the subject that I will have my web guy share on the race1 facebook page next week sometime----if he can post it here I will have him do that also

Brad
    www.race-1.com

if you want to see the actual bulletin from GM it is on our website and FB page
    very sorry that I cannot supply links to anything other that the website
    I am the most negative FB person you will ever meet ---but my web people maintain a presence there

Brad
    www.race-1.com

i have heard that the company that produces the alum heads for a 604 has went out of buisness any truth to this

Quote Originally Posted by hipower17 View Post
    i have heard that the company that produces the alum heads for a 604 has went out of buisness any truth to this
    I'm pretty sure gm is still in buisnes

truth be told GM out sources many components to aftermarket companies
    it is always under a very specific blue print program
    what is really amazing is how they have switched manufacturing companies and facilities in the past and maintained exactly the same output on the end product.
    GM has done an excellent job to maintain parity for the last 15 years and I have no doubt that no matter where the parts come from to complete engines in the future the performance will be equal to previous
    they have proved that they have the recipe.

Brad
    www.race-1.com

hey brad , check your PM , i sent you a message , thanks

Shortages of about everything now is a result of our confusing times. Dart iron heads are near impossible to find as many of them stopped production last summer and are saying they'll start up again around April or May or ?.
    Edelbrock intake manifolds ditto but that's somewhat understandable as they are moving much of their operation out of Torrance, CA, their home forever.

If GM is having problems then it shows how things can snowball down the supply chain. Gonna be another challenging year for racers.

Ford,
    I dont see anything---could be my lack of computer understanding---LOl
    email me at brad@race-1.com or you can call anytime 330-540-7223
    I will be out tomorrow (taking my kid to college) but please call anytime

Brad