Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

I think the night should be over. I've seen other races cancelled on far better racing surfaces. Shame on Lucas and Brownstown if they continue on with this charade

The stream went to commercials, so I figured it isn't good. I think they said the Chamberlain kid in the 20 car is only 13 years old? And now they're saying someone is getting air lifted out of there??? Sounds like the driver of the #18 car...

Oh my, prayers for all involved.

Fast Eddy is getting helicoptered out on a backboard.

The left side of the cars jacking up into the air isn't helping, they're half way rolled over already.

Cancel the rest of the night already

Anyone catch who that driver was? Bringing in medivac, but he is awake and alert!

I don’t know beans about track prep so I have minimal room to shoot my mouth off, but I don’t understand...this track has been in existence for how many decades? Aren’t there people who know how to prep the racetrack, living ,and willing to work he track within the vicinity of Brownstown speedway? I don’t get it. Anybody who’s ever raced knows how much money a rough racetrack can cost a car owner. It’s staggering. Much less the safety of the drivers.

I imagine it had to do with the fact is early in the year and all the rain they had on Thursday coupled with the cold temps. Its a bad recipe. I don't blame track prep, but you can't fight mother nature and win. When she says no racing, she means business.

Didn't some of the WoO teams go there rather than Bristol because it was going to be easier on equipment?

They call him Fast Eddy. He runs around my area. Newer Swartz car I believe.

Report I got from someone at the track is the young man that was airlifted was at least awake and alert. That is good news.

42 cars took time at Bristol

As I said earlier on Facebook, at a lot of tracks, any time you see a track qualifying record broken, it usually means bad news for the drivers once the racing starts. Brownstown is one of those tracks. I’ve seen it too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    They call him Fast Eddy. He runs around my area. Newer Swartz car I believe.
    Thanks Hope he's OK.

They're reworking the track in the middle of a race.

This HAS to be the first mid-race road grading I've ever seen. It isn't going to help *face palm*

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    They're reworking the track in the middle of a race.
    Indeed, they are. That's a first, for me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by raburke23 View Post
    This HAS to be the first mid-race road grading I've ever seen. It isn't going to help *face palm*
    You would think these clowns have never been to a race track before. Short term it will be better but after about 10 laps it will be ruts again.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    You would think these clowns have never been to a race track before. Short term it will be better but after about 10 laps it will be ruts again.
    Exactly. They'd almost be better off trying to fill the ruts. This is going to make that inside line a death trap.

This is like something EAMS would do.