Default Did they take the Rails up after the race ?

Did they remove the rails after the race ? Probably already putting them back down at Cherokee for tomorrow.

Glad I didn’t make the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by useddirt View Post
    Did they remove the rails after the race ? Probably already putting them back down at Cherokee for tomorrow.
    No I think smokey mountain has their own set

I was there, and the track was pretty much one groove by the time hotlaps were over.
    I've never seen a track this early in the season go one groove so fast. There was a little passing in the heats, but very very little.

It took a lot of packing time to get the track that hard this early in the year.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

I was there also.
    My take: I was concerned when the track was blowing dust in hot laps. They didn’t seem to put as much water down for this race? I am trying to convince myself they were trying something different for track prep. Perhaps have it dry slick from top to bottom - with multiple grooves? The layout of the track itself is the main problem- just doesn’t provide for great racing. It may take a while but I do believe Roger Sellers will make some more changes to the configuration? He wants Smoky Mountain to be a good place for fans and teams alike.

On a positive: I live about 75 miles from the track and was at home at 11:00pm on a cold night.(we did leave with 1 feature remaining)

2 days of racing and both where 1 hug snoozer. Was glad to see big sexy taking home the cash only because I feel he could win the points in either series if he went out on tour.

I heard they lowered the banking last year, not sure what affect that has made though. Sounds like the watering had a whole lot to do with this snoozer.
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 03-08-2021 at 05:13 PM.

As Larry Moore always used to say: "Boys if you dont like it, there's always asphalt racing"

No some guys were complaining years ago about a race track being too rough he told them if it was too rough there is always asphalt I like a ruff track you can pass on better than a smooth track you can't pass on.

I don't know (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) about track prep, but what I do know is if a track has the same pot holes every time there is a race and it is dusty before hot laps are over the track hasn't done (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) for track prep.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    2 days of racing and both where 1 hug snoozer. Was glad to see big sexy taking home the cash only because I feel he could win the points in either series if he went out on tour.
    Is this track the closest one to you. Seventy five miles, maybe not?

I fear that Bristol is going to be the same way. Between the speed, the banks and the fact that it's a temporary track, I don't see it being real racy.
    Tazewell is my home track and it's lighting fast, high banks, but has a narrow narrow groove with very little passing, especially in big races.
    It seems like your wider, flatter more sweeping tracks have better racing.

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    I fear that Bristol is going to be the same way. Between the speed, the banks and the fact that it's a temporary track, I don't see it being real racy. Tazewell is my home track and it's lighting fast, high banks, but has a narrow narrow groove with very little passing, especially in big races. It seems like your wider, flatter more sweeping tracks have better racing.
    Well I agree tazwell hasn't been as good since John sold it to Hall but it might be different this year they have but new clay on it track record is 10.9 they expect it to fall when John Thompson had tazwell I've seen them 3 wide 21 thousand to win April 3 an 2100 for fast time should be interesting.

All the practice they have been having gives me a glimmer of hope for Bristol. It's probably wishful thinking but without hope, what do you have?