Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just watched the condensed version of this race on DoD. Just noticed the flag stand is almost into Turn 1. That has to be a good 150-200 feet from the start/finish line assuming it's midstretch. ........... Am I wrong on that?

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    How can they call it March Madness and advertise it. That violates copyrights and trademarks the ncaa holds.
    Dude ... you spend a lot of time worrying about things that don’t matter.

Stop stalking me. It's creepy.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ricochet View Post
    Just watched the condensed version of this race on DoD. Just noticed the flag stand is almost into Turn 1. That has to be a good 150-200 feet from the start/finish line assuming it's midstretch. ........... Am I wrong on that?
    You are right. That’s where the drivers start to set up for turn 1

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    Stop stalking me. It's creepy.
    You say that about everybody who replies to you lol.

I do? Show me where.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Finish line is at the flag stand. Track has been shortened twice. One more time and the flag stand will be over the pits.

When they made they track shorter from a 1/2 mile to 3/8 they left flag stand in the same place. That is why flag stand is almost in turn one. I have been going to this track for 33 years and have only seen it shorten once.

That whole turn 1 inside pit area is super sketchy and scares the hell out of me when the supers are there.....
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Crate Latemodel drivers at this track love qualifying, because they know if they qualify in top 5 they will be there all night. If u can qualify every week top 5 in crates you can make a living. We have begged for years for them to run heat races but track refuses to do it...........Example.....2021 March Madness.......John Ruggerio jr. qualifies outside front row................On the third attempt of a restart he collides in turn one with a 17 car and is sent to the rear on the first lap. What does he do? Goes to the pits, done for the night. So spoon fed by qualifying that they won't even race. But in the end this is not the drivers fault. It's on the track.

During the season if there are 8 cars there for example, they still qualify. Somebody please tell me u don't see something wrong with this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    That whole turn 1 inside pit area is super sketchy and scares the hell out of me when the supers are there.....
    Well the inside wall is a ramp so it's only a matter of time before a car goes over the wall into the pits and kills someone. Only a question will it be just one person or a half a dozen. Nearly happened last year I think a limited LM or crate. Not sure on the class.

That was a crate, and it's not if, it's when will it happen.

If you went to Cherokee this past weekend, and noticed there is no fence on the wall in between turns 3 and 4. Well let me tell you a story. There used to be a fence on top of that wall, probably 10 feet tall. We where there one night and a guy named Greg Davis in a 4 cylinder car jumped the wall in turn 3 and went over the top of the fence, out of the track. The car cleared a 3 foot wall and a 10 foot fence basically.........out of the track. If people could only see a video of that they would not park on that back straitaway or stand inside of front strait.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    That was a crate, and it's not if, it's when will it happen.
    It blows my mind that people that own the track don't see the problem. When your initial impact with the wall starts the car in an upward direction that should be the first clue. In no way am I making fun of people with special needs but many of them could point out this is dangerous.

Also, the turn one gate is a death trap, something waiting to happen. This past weekend the water truck slid halfway down front straitaway to miss a white pickup truck trying to cross the wet track. People crossing the track in turn one is ridiculous. Any place I have ever worked says safety first. People at this track needs, some basic training at least.