Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winner!

Default Winner!

Those generic dirt late model boys that Yung Money put the huge whoopin' on a while back in Florida shouldn't feel too bad. Larson whooped the NASCAR Cup field just about as bad today at Vegas.

In addition to Larson's ass kickin' another stand out dirt open wheel driver ran dam good today at Vegas. Christopher Bell ran 7th and was consistently in the top 10 all race long.

Huge congrats to both. They represent dirt open wheel racing very well in every way!

Vegas? You kiddin right? You got a sheet of plywood for a rear spoiler and about the same horsepower as a souped up mustang gt street car. Nothing against Larson at all but the rules package for this place is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Vegas? You kiddin right? You got a sheet of plywood for a rear spoiler and about the same horsepower as a souped up mustang gt street car. Nothing against Larson at all but the rules package for this place is pathetic.
    Yep, and KL won in spite of all that! LOLOL!!

It's a fact that this Vegas Cup win is a sizable step down from the level of difficulty and prestige derived from winning The Chili Bowl. Larson made that clear while receiving his Golden Driller in Jan. of 2020. But hey, they all can't be as big as The Chili Bowl! LOL!
    Last edited by CIRF; 03-07-2021 at 07:47 PM.

I caught about 50 laps of that mess. Those cars are just way too easy to drive with the rules package.

I caught about 50 laps of that mess. Those cars are just way too easy to drive with the rules package.
    Are they easy enough to drive that even you could win a Cup race at Vegas? LOLOLOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Are they easy enough to drive that even you could win a Cup race at Vegas? LOLOLOL!!
    Honestly I think a lot of average people could drive this package. The pit stops and restarts would be the only challenge. They have dumbed it down to the point it’s no longer exciting now.

But could you win is the question. LOL!

This one's for you, flyboy. Enjoy Larson's first win in a Hendrick car! LOL!

He would have had a lot more wins if he had been in a good ride from the beginning. He and Bell are the class of the field anymore ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    He would have had a lot more wins if he had been in a good ride from the beginning. He and Bell are the class of the field anymore ! !
    You're likely correct, Rr. Bell, Larson and Briscoe have a resume' that would clearly indicate that they are the best all around drivers in Cup racing at this point. If anyone can come up with another Cup driver who is as diversely competitive as those three, lets see them.

While I don't enjoy your elbow to DLM racing, there's no doubting that Kyle Larson is the best all around driver in the entire world. Flyboy continues to say dumb sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    While I don't enjoy your elbow to DLM racing, there's no doubting that Kyle Larson is the best all around driver in the entire world. Flyboy continues to say dumb sheet.
    Penn, as I've explained and posted many times I attend more DLM events than any other form of racing throughout the season. Hell, I live less than 45 minutes from Fairbury, Illinois!! I was involved with a multiple time FALS DLM track championship team back before I got married and love every minute of DLM racing to this day. My elbow and silly pizza delivery comments aren't aimed at people like you. You have no problem admitting the obvious. It's the dullards who won't accept the truth who get the elbow! There are 4 or 5 members who get instantly triggered by any mention of DLM racing being superior to all other forms, thus, they need triggered periodically! LOL!d You're definitely not one of those, Penn.

Most of what flyboy posts are attempts to minimize this or that and especially the obvious accomplishments of guys like Bell & Larson. The rest are just hard to figure out! LOL!

The sheep who enjoy plywood sheets for spoilers and a whopping 550 hp for supposedly the best in the world drivers 😂

The sheep who enjoy plywood sheets for spoilers and a whopping 550 hp for supposedly the best in the world drivers 
    If I had a dollar for every time a middle aged man says the word "sheep" or "snowflake" like they invented it, I'd be rich.

It's obvious you know the least about racing on here.

If I had a dollar for every time a middle aged man says the word "sheep" or "snowflake" like they invented it, I'd be rich.

It's obvious you know the least about racing on here.
    Penn, you just drove a stake in my heart. LOL! I can no longer be classified as "young" so I can only be described as "middle aged". Given you disdain for the vernacular of middle aged men I'll never again utter or post the words sheep and/or snowflake no matter how factually accurate they are! LOL!

The sheep who enjoy plywood sheets for spoilers and a whopping 550 hp for supposedly the best in the world drivers 
    Put the NASCAR rules package aside and name one driver who is more skilled, talented and brave driving and winning in a half dozen, or more, different types of racecars as Larson? pee wee jr.? Hahaha!

For whatever reason you hate the guy and resent what he's accomplished in a generic dirt late model and you take the bate every time!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Put the NASCAR rules package aside and name one driver who is more skilled, talented and brave driving and winning in a half dozen, or more, different types of racecars as Larson? pee wee jr.? Hahaha!For whatever reason you hate the guy and resent what he's accomplished in a generic dirt late model and you take the bate every time!
    I don’t hate him but I’m not ready to crown him yet either. Hey big man let me hold a dollar

Ok CIRF I'll bite on post #16. I do not take your generic shots to heart at all however I do wish that those cracks be deleted from future posts as that kinda dives beneath your caliber on knowledge

Since you did not specify era, I got one for ya that Mr. Larson cant or wont ever hang with. Before I get to that I was cheering Larson on to win because the political police got in my view, a giant thumb size prostate check, LOL

Ok here we go to challenge your claim, answer, "Super Tex" A.J. Foyt!

Winner of not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 Indy 500s when it was a ballsy mans game. Roadsters and Rear-engine cars.
    Winner of the Daytona 500.
    Winner of the 24hrs of Le Mans in the only, repeat only, "all" American driving team.

From 1905 till 1971 the Contest Board of the American Automobile Association had the National Driving Championships, then USAC changed it. The award had tracks like Syracuse, Langhorne, Indianapolis (the mile)Detroit, Phoenix, Sacramento, and the tracks you know, Springfield and Du Quoin. 72 it was only asphalt.

A.J Foyt won with "dirt cars" on pavement such as at Trenton. He won in Sprints, Champ Cars, Midgets, "and" stock cars on dirt. he beat rear engine Indy cars with his dirt roadster. Also winning the Firecracker 400 at Daytona. Drove the Woods Bros. to a win at the Atlanta 500.

On a Saturday he won his 29th of a total of 67 Championship Car Races at the Illinois State Fairgrounds, The Tony Bettenhausen Memorial, then the next day he went to the Wisconsin State Fairr for the Tony Bettenhausen 200, his rear engine car broke at the shop, unloaded his dirt car and with a few changes by Steve Stapp won the pole over 53 cars.

A small history lesson for you folks who don't know about the past, this does not include Parnelli Jones, Dan Gurney,Frankie Schneider, Jim Shampine, or Al Tasnady.

CIRF, did you ever see A.J. Foyt race, I did many a time, think about our history before making these lofty claims, I hope Larson wins the championship.

LMM

First, I did see A.J. race, albeit late in his career and early in my racing fan days, and I know his resume' well. Overall, I would rank Mario Andretti a tick higher than A.J. Specifically at Indy I would rank Rocket Rick Mears well ahead of A.J. Rocket Rick, had he kept racing for Penske a few more years, would likely have 5 or 6 Indy 500 victories. I know, I know, that's all just speculation but I believe it.

Another notable fact is A.J. was a notorious a$$hole and he had USAC and Tony Hulman as deeply in his hip pocket as ol' arnhead had NASCAR and Billy France Jr. in his back pocket.

An argument can be made for Foyt as the greatest American driver who has ever lived but Mario won the F1 World Championship. A.J. refused to even try to run F1 because he was well aware that the Europeans wouldn't favor him or let him do as he pleased like he did in America. The only thing A.J. did that Mario didn't was win at Le Mans. Mario won a full season championship that A.J. never even attempted.

Is Larson in the same rarified air as Foyt & Andretti? Probably not, but Larson is just 28 years old. I believe he'll give the Indy 500 a whirl before he's done and I think, given a competitive racecar, he could win it. The Daytona 500 is such a joke it means little on a drivers resume' these days. In the eyes of Kyle Larson The Chili Bowl is more prestigious and meaningful win that the Daytona 500.

Will Larson ever win Le Mans like A.J.? I'd bet heavily against it. Foyt was solidly in the Ford camp when he won Le Mans and that circumstance is not available in auto racing at this point in time. Will Larson ever win the F1 World Championship? I'd bet heavily against that happening, as well.

Don't let the term generic as it's applied to DLM's hurt your feelings, Mark. In my vernacular it merely designates the fact that even though the modern, post 1980, dirt late model is categorized as a form of "stock car" and there is nothing that remotely resembles any "stock" late model automobile. A more precise moniker would be fendered super modified. Generic is not a demeaning or derogatory term but it triggers some people. In some cases I like that but not in your case, Mark.

I forgot to speak of the legend of A.J. at Milwaukee. It happened waaaaaay before my time so I only know what has been written and passed down over the decades. It obviously was very impressive and helped make Foyt the mythical racing folk legend that he is and richly deserves. However, a friend of mine raced a Silver Crown car against winged rear engine Indy Cars at Pocono way back in the day. The Silver Crown cars were different than the roadster that Foyt drove at Milwaukee as were the rear engine cars that raced at Pocono were far, far different than the rear engine cars that A.J. ran against at Milwaukee.

My friend held his own in that Silver Crown car and it's one of the highlights of his racing memories!