Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Summernationals trending down...

Man after listening to Feger on last nights DoD Videocast it sounds like the tour is not going to have one regular. He said neither he, Babb, Shirley, or Heckenast are happy with the schedule and I cannot blame them. They are scheduled against a monster week at I80 and other high dollar races. They seriously need to go back to 4 weeks and a tighter schedule.

I agree, 27 races in 30 days.

And without these bigger name drivers, fans won't be packing the stands. I for one refuse to pay the SN admission prices to see what amounts to a weekly show.

And 5K to win is laughable also...

Why ruin a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Why ruin a good thing?
    WRG views the Summernationals (and all of what used to be UMP) as their minor league. It has gradually happened since the sale of UMP to them, but this is where we are today.

PPV is where the money is at, this longer schedule will prompt many to pay an extra $39 for another month of Dirtvision; could be another $200-$400K for WRG.

Quote Originally Posted by james777777 View Post
    And without these bigger name drivers, fans won't be packing the stands. I for one refuse to pay the SN admission prices to see what amounts to a weekly show.
    Maybe at certain events. Guys are just going to pick and choose what works for them.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by BirkyTime15B View Post
    And 5K to win is laughable also...
    Most certainly is. Show me a SN race that doesn't pack the house. Fan attendance has been going up every year. Parking lots don't lie. Every race should be 10g minimum.

The summernats are a bloated mess and have been for years. It started off as 10 races in 12 days or whatever it was. They need to get back to that.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Last year they said they hated the break. Then they do the same thing this year. The drivers told Sam what they wanted last year in there interviews on DOD

July 4th 1986 it says they raced at both Kankakee and at Mid State raceway in the same day.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Thông tin vui đến với người thiếu mó ni từ 19 + nhé các bạn.
    Bỏ ra 4 phút để nh(not a nice word)p Tên bạn rút 4tr x(not a nice word)i.
    Hạn mức khách mới tối đa 4 trd lần sau cao nhất 10 trd.
    Chi tiết: https://instabio.cc/nhanngay

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Man after listening to Feger on last nights DoD Videocast it sounds like the tour is not going to have one regular. He said neither he, Babb, Shirley, or Heckenast are happy with the schedule and I cannot blame them. They are scheduled against a monster week at I80 and other high dollar races. They seriously need to go back to 4 weeks and a tighter schedule.
    Just listening to Feger talk about anything or following him on Social Media will put anyone into a state of depression.

Just remember if there is 5k up for grabs 27 nights and a points reward at the end, there will be someone there chasing it. That series is bigger than Feger whether he wishes to admit that or not.

Really wish DoD would get away from the IL boys and Busch Latte Boom!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    The summernats are a bloated mess and have been for years. It started off as 10 races in 12 days or whatever it was. They need to get back to that.
    I think 28 races in 32 days is fine it's ridiculous that drivers have to travel as far as the schedule is this year especially for the $5000 to win they need to shorten the distance they go out

Quote Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
    PPV is where the money is at, this longer schedule will prompt many to pay an extra $39 for another month of Dirtvision; could be another $200-$400K for WRG.
    Was it Rigsby that said a few times that after speaking to quite a few owners during the Covid Season the dirty little secret is it was their most profitable year ever!!?? ........ I think you're right. It seems the business side paradigm of the sport is changing in real time.

Not a business man and haven't followed the sport like most here at 4m but the ability to see so much more racing at tracks I'll never get to due to the ability to stream the sport has changed dramatically for me. ............ For decades me and the fellas met up at the tavern or someone's garage to watch the NFL, or even NHL, now we do that to watch dirt late model racing. Something we could never have dreamed of just a few short yrs ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Most certainly is. Show me a SN race that doesn't pack the house. Fan attendance has been going up every year. Parking lots don't lie. Every race should be 10g minimum.

Yes or at least $7500 for weeknight shows. A lot of tracks try to get a weeknight show so that they don't have to pay $10K yet still charge a fat admission.

B-town for instance. They used to have a weekend date. But not anymore.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Yes or at least $7500 for weeknight shows. A lot of tracks try to get a weeknight show so that they don't have to pay $10K yet still charge a fat admission.

B-town for instance. They used to have a weekend date. But not anymore.
    There's reason why they don't have the weekend date like they used to, but its not for the reason mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    WRG views the Summernationals (and all of what used to be UMP) as their minor league. It has gradually happened since the sale of UMP to them, but this is where we are today.
    It's supposed to be weekly racing. Bob Memmer and UMP killed wedge cars to save money and the sport. It's not about big money and big stars.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It's supposed to be weekly racing. Bob Memmer and UMP killed wedge cars to save money and the sport. It's not about big money and big stars.
    I agree with you, I just feel like it has been mismanaged totally. When was the last time an actual weekly racer won the UMP national championship? Rodney Melvin in the mid-00's if I remember correctly.