Default when swapping springs/shocks on crate

I'm new to the crate scene and new to spring smashing. Last time out, we damaged a shock(didn't have a backup anyway) but now I've got some. How are y'all changing them at the track? Back before spring smashing(mod), we measured the c2c on shock when we changed springs. I know now we have smash numbers and c2c, how are we doing it at the track? I appreciate any knowledge. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by washeduptoo View Post
    I'm new to the crate scene and new to spring smashing. Last time out, we damaged a shock(didn't have a backup anyway) but now I've got some. How are y'all changing them at the track? Back before spring smashing(mod), we measured the c2c on shock when we changed springs. I know now we have smash numbers and c2c, how are we doing it at the track? I appreciate any knowledge. Thanks
    Instead of measuring a c to c on your car, you just measure it on your smasher.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Thanks, I should have included I don't have a smasher, I have to take them to someone that does. Sorry and thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by washeduptoo View Post
    Thanks, I should have included I don't have a smasher, I have to take them to someone that does. Sorry and thanks again.
    Many times, with a smasher, the more important c to c is some travel value away from the ride c to c, but ride c to c is still considered if you have to pass tech.

Like for instance, your lr spring load, at full drop, can be a tuning tool. Your load required to travel the rf shock 4", can be one too.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 03-13-2021 at 07:53 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Thanks, I might just go back to setting ride hts and scale car, I know alittle about that. Thanks again.

I'm not one to advocate for the "you can't race a latemodel without a smasher" mentality but if your paying sombody to smash your stuff your just passing money away and leaving yourself more in the dark. You can build one for less than 600$ anyone racing latemodels can find 600$

Sorry, just looked at this site again, I don't pay someone to smash them but it is a 4hr round trip. Thanks