Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    The fans paid for a race.
    Stop being ignorant.

They aren't comparable. When a fan buys a ticket for a race, they aren't paying for a specific number of laps. The terms of sales always says stuff like "contingent on weather, subject to change, etc." When NASCAR calls a race halfway because of rain, the fans don't get half their money back.
    And you still have not answered my question.

It appears the weather for Saturday is sunny. So why exactly are they changing what was advertised?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    And you still have not answered my question.

It appears the weather for Saturday is sunny. So why exactly are they changing what was advertised?
    They are probably changing it for time since they had to reshuffle the schedule. It doesn't really matter to me why they changed it.

They are probably changing it for time since they had to reshuffle the schedule. It doesn't really matter to me why they changed it.
    I think you fall some where between special needs and liberal asshat.

No, but they run 7 classes with a combined car count of 900 over a span of a week. That's comparable.
    Boone has also ran until the sun comes up some nights and started up again at 10:00 AM that same morning.

IMO, this event is a "back-gate" event for the promotor (similar to Boone) and any race fan or any racer with common sense knew that when they announced the event.

Do I think they are doing a "bait and switch" on ticket buyers? No, but my reasoning is because they aren't cutting the purse. If they are still paying $50k to win Saturday night, that's what you paid for, not for 20 laps, 50 laps, 100 laps, whatever, you paid for $50k to win.

If they had cut the purse in 1/2, then IMO, fans could argue that they didn't get what they paid for. From what I've seen, they haven't done so.

Personally, my initial thoughts were that the WoO weekends would be better all around, but mostly because they can run a much tighter ship (limit entries, limit # of classes, etc.) and have a track record of making the overall experience (World Finals for example) better for the paying fans and the competitors all know how the event will be run. But, that's JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by vande07 View Post

Do I think they are doing a "bait and switch" on ticket buyers? No, but my reasoning is because they aren't cutting the purse. If they are still paying $50k to win Saturday night, that's what you paid for, not for 20 laps, 50 laps, 100 laps, whatever, you paid for $50k to win.

If they had cut the purse in 1/2, then IMO, fans could argue that they didn't get what they paid for. From what I've seen, they haven't done so.
    While I'm impressed they didn't touch the purse, as a fan, I disagree. You want to see racing. No fan gets that money! Cutting a race by 30% is not cool. It's the headline division, make cuts somewhere else. But that's just me.

I emailed an official about this subject- got a quick reply that the drivers and Hoosier tire representatives were concerned about right front tire faitafter 40 laps. Well- if thatythe case why is Friday’s being cut from 30 to 25 and heat races from 20 laps to 8.
    His reply was it’s strictly for safety measures only!!

Rather not name the official because many of you know him. Note: he is not the promotor of this event just a tech guy-you can look at the website and probably figure out who I am speaking of. Out of respect to him - I won’t mention his name.

Is it the same guy who got me banned on 4m two years ago for saying Screven Winter freeze cared more about the 4 cylinders than late models?

They aren't comparable. When a fan buys a ticket for a race, they aren't paying for a specific number of laps. The terms of sales always says stuff like "contingent on weather, subject to change, etc." When NASCAR calls a race halfway because of rain, the fans don't get half their money back.
    Maybe your paycheck should be reduced by one third!!!! Yes, who do you work for and what is their phone number!!!! hehehe

After seeing your posts on this thread and others, I've concluded that you lack a sense of honesty and integrity.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

If the drivers wanted the race cut by one third then they should cut the purse by one third. The fans paid the purse and the drivers should have no say so about the number of laps, unless track conditions have become totally unbearable. To some drivers these days the track conditions are terrible unless the track is as smooth as glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    If the drivers wanted the race cut by one third then they should cut the purse by one third. The fans paid the purse and the drivers should have no say so about the number of laps, unless track conditions have become totally unbearable. To some drivers these days the track conditions are terrible unless the track is as smooth as glass.
    You sound like a typical keyboard jockey.

That totally called you out!!!!

So if you paid for a suite at the Indy 500, and they only ran 20 laps and the race was over in 15 minutes, you wouldn't feel cheated? Say no, yer a flat out liar.

when did everyone get so whiney?

i'm reminded of old school racer Dwight Oglesbee from my hometown track. on his spoiler: "Cry babies go home"
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    when did everyone get so whiney?

i'm reminded of old school racer Dwight Oglesbee from my hometown track. on his spoiler: "Cry babies go home"
    And thay wonder where everyone went that used to post on 4m... They went home... 🤓

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    So if you paid for a suite at the Indy 500, and they only ran 20 laps and the race was over in 15 minutes, you wouldn't feel cheated? Say no, yer a flat out liar.
    Yeah, I would feel cheated because that is way less than half of the advertised laps. They didn't reduce the Supers laps by half. There are also more than just supers racing. Maybe you only care about late models, but there are other classes I care about as well.

You hit the nail on the head. It is as simple as that.

It's different when you cut the laps before the green flag falls.

It’s no different than if you went to a college football game and they decided to quit at halftime.