Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

We’ve got a pretty good group coming up tomorrow that has been looking forward to this for several months. Even with the schedule changes we’re still pretty stoked. However, there’s a common consensus among our group that the shortening of the feature lengths, especially for the supers (which let’s be honest, that’s what people are taking off work and paying good money for tickets, hotels, etc. to see) is some major “grade A” BS. When we purchased these tickets, we purchased them knowing the risk of the weather which only the Good Lord above can control...but we did not purchase tickets so that the promoters could decide the day before fans arrive that they’re going to shorten the length of the two biggest and most anticipated races of the week...we purchased tickets for 30 and 60 lap super late model features, and we as the fans are now getting shorted.

Squaredup12

There is 14 in my group from East Tennessee. We bought our tickets together for both the March and April races. Like your group -we feel the same way about the late model features being shortened from the advertised number of laps regardless of the reason. Saturday being cut from 60 laps to 40 is 33% less laps. I am sure they will not give us a refund % on what we paid! Bad slide job on the promotor!

Also: does anyone know why Lucas Oil and WOO have cut the heat races to 8 laps and last chance races from 12 laps to 10? This happened after Monday night at East Bay. Just curious if this is going to continue for the remainder of this years races?

Just be happy that there is dirt racing at Bristol.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    This is a poor mentality to have. Just being happy there is racing is how promoters take more and more and give less and less. You absolutely have a right to be disappointed or upset with a product you paid for.
    Last edited by c1ty5tar; 03-18-2021 at 10:18 PM.

Suppose you purchased a new TV from Best Buy, model you bought was $650. When it was delivered it was a couple of models down from the one you paid for and was a $500 TV. You questioned it and they said "hey.. at least you got a new TV"

Do you say ok and keep the $500 TV?

It's dirt racing at Bristol. So what if they shortened the features? This event doesn't happen all the time.

I see this week as more for the drivers, anyway. The WOO events are more for the fans.

Maybe Tony should shorten the World 100 to 67 laps but promote it as 100 ?????

I see this week as more for the drivers, anyway. The WOO events are more for the fans.
    Well the drivers in some classes, who all payed the same pit fee/vehicle fee/pit passes/infield passes, have had their track time cut in half and are not happy at all. Even RTJ was saying he wished they wouldn’t have shortened the races, yet the people running the show claimed they did it based on “driver feedback”.

It’s turned from a big event to a cash grab.

Some drivers like to complain. I know some drivers down there right now who are disappointed but yet still enjoying being there and getting the chance to drive at Bristol.

It’s entirely possible to be happy to have dirt racing on Bristol (which we are) and also be disappointed/frustrated by not getting what we paid for and what was advertised (which we are)...you can be both. This can apply to both driver and fan alike.

I know how you feel I went to a race a couple of years ago an they had cut the purse in half after I got thru telling the promoter how sorry he was I left I just wonder if the drivers are complaining an I wonder if the woo race is going to be 50 laps.

If anyone did not understand this was a cash grab from the beginning. Well I got some news. Wrong

Well. Unfortunately this event is associated with the big racing organization in Daytona . And that’s exactly why I did not buy tickets for this.

I'm not much on complaining about tracks, as I run a business and I know how stuff can go wrong at any moment, however, fans paid for something they aren't getting. That's a no no.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I'm not much on complaining about tracks, as I run a business and I know how stuff can go wrong at any moment, however, fans paid for something they aren't getting. That's a no no.
    The fans paid for a race.

What don't make any sense about this deal is if your going to run 40 laps on Saturday night why did you cut the laps on Friday night from 30 to 25.

From reading your posts on here, you would be completely happy if you paid 12ft of rope, and only got 9ft.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 03-19-2021 at 08:45 AM.

I notice you didn't answer my example of buying a TV.

Would you keep the $500 TV without getting money back?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    I notice you didn't answer my example of buying a TV.

Would you keep the $500 TV without getting money back?
    They aren't comparable. When a fan buys a ticket for a race, they aren't paying for a specific number of laps. The terms of sales always says stuff like "contingent on weather, subject to change, etc." When NASCAR calls a race halfway because of rain, the fans don't get half their money back.