Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Comparable like a boatload of apples and a boatload of oranges maybe.....other than that, nope.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Comparable like a boatload of apples and a boatload of oranges maybe.....other than that, nope.
    What's so special about them running supers?

Run the supers and 604's before if it looks like it will rain. The 4cylinders, stock cars, and mods can run whenever I head back to the hotel for sleep!

Don’t know the management of the promotional group. But I’ve seen Mike Van Genderen is connected, he’s a no nonsense promoter that prioritizes event management at Iowa tracks. Not sure how well it goes, it’s a first time undertaking. But guarantee they won’t be taking lessons from some of the clusters I’ve seen the last few months on FLO.
    I hate time trials.

I want to see how they plan on getting the cars out of the infield if it rains.

$1500 a piece for those trophies? I got a bigger trophy for winning the Ohio state Punt, Pass and Kick title in 1972.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dirtracing62 View Post
    These guys are doing something that has never been done before. They are running eight (8) divisions all with a big purse and high car count. If you have ever operated a race track you always have contingency plans but you can't put any of them in place until something happens (rain last night). Within a few hours they had a revised schedule posted. I believe they are optimistic on the amount of time to run the events but once you get there, who cares? Monday through Thursday of this even is designed for the racer, not the race fan. I did not watch all of the broadcast yesterday but I saw enough to keep up with what is going on. Same thing for the rest of the week, my tv will be on. If I am a racer I don't care what time we race as long as we race. Friday and Saturday is for the fan. The Super Late Models will be the "star" of the show. But the drivers that have been there all week will race before the largest crowd and the best venue most of them have ever been to. I have read most of the event posts and have seen the information they constantly update. I believe they are doing a great job. Let's give them a chance. BTW - there is no race track in the country you can go to and be guaranteed that everything will go perfect and on schedule.
    There are a lot of race tracks that run on schedule Tri state Indiana an eldora are just an example.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    There are a lot of race tracks that run on schedule Tri state Indiana an eldora are just an example.
    Unfortunately, most down here in the south don’t.

An that is because they run 8-9 an even 10 classes everything they can drag in the pits.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    $1500 a piece for those trophies? I got a bigger trophy for winning the Ohio state Punt, Pass and Kick title in 1972.
    That's pretty Impressive to win the whole state.......I never even made it out of the region back in those days.

I won our local (Dayton/Montgomery County) the year before, but they gave my trophy to the only female entrant, so she wouldn’t feel left out. I was supposed to get mine later, but never did. Still pissed about it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Maybe explains why I recognized no modifieds from my area. Haven't heard yet as to any late model guys going.
    I seen Mike Harrison was one that said he wasn't going to sit for there week for the money they were paying. Sounds like a lot of them felt that way.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I seen Mike Harrison was one that said he wasn't going to sit for there week for the money they were paying. Sounds like a lot of them felt that way.
    Can't say I blame him.
    Got to believe most guys just don't want to take the chance of bending a car before the season even starts.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    scared of fhe competition.

Well Harrision joined up with Josh Caroll to run a Hughes USMTS car and is going to Humbolt, KS to run the USMTS King Of America and probably the best of both worlds USMTS vs UMP event at 34 Raceway in West Burlington, IA.

Glad I ain’t there. Bring on the outlaws in April.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

dirt crow..

That would be a good show but limiting the car count is a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by slideiton View Post
    Well Harrision joined up with Josh Caroll to run a Hughes USMTS car and is going to Humbolt, KS to run the USMTS King Of America and probably the best of both worlds USMTS vs UMP event at 34 Raceway in West Burlington, IA.
    To say that Harrison is scared of the competition only assures how misinformed one is in the modified world.

Mike Harrison scared of competition, lmao.......that's probably one of the dumbest things I've ever seen posted on ole 4m.

Did I misunderstand that?

I was kind of surprised to read they have a curfew
    2021 race count
    6 events