Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Price.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I'm not sure where you're from but, yes sometimes unions will help the private sector wage. I worked for a long distance phone company that was non union and I got comparable to union workers in the same field and the guy who set the pay scale said he had to pay a wage comparable to unions so he could get good workers or they would go where the money was at. Yes I ended up with a union job but, only because, the long distance phone company I worked for got bought out so, yes it does happen.
    Ok, I'll give you that......it does happen sometimes, but it's not what sets the wages in the market as SS suggests.

If union work and beholding do others kind of work is all you've done it's really all you know, I can't help with that.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

You paid a little, consumers of what you produced or what service you provided paid a lot more than they should have because of your union bosses money grab.

And most likely , whatever you did diminished in quality and production because of that extra layer of "protection" you were paying for to come to work.....unions are a lot like government, over promise and under deliver.
    Last edited by Barbecueboy; 03-18-2021 at 08:26 AM.

It's not laughable at all it's a fact. I've seen it first hand. You have a supervisors who don't have a backbone to discipline employee's but, trust me if the company want's someone fired it will happen as I worked with a guy who was fired because, he missed a call out window and it was at a 911 center. We were on call and when you got called out you had two hours to be onsite to fix any problem they had. He had family in Chicago and he got called out to a 911 center which was near St.Louis in Madison County and he didn't show up for five hours later. This went to the President of the company and to the President of the union and they agreed he needed to be terminated so, if they want someone fired they would be. You have people in the private sector that should be fired but, they're not as as well.
    It is laughable ! I too held union jobs in the past and at one time was a chief steward but I got sick and tired of whining as$ do nothings who were protected by the union I was involved with ! At that point you do one of two things conform or get out!in that respect It is a lot like government as BBQ said !

It's not laughable at all it's a fact. I've seen it first hand. You have a supervisors who don't have a backbone to discipline employee's but, trust me if the company want's someone fired it will happen as I worked with a guy who was fired because, he missed a call out window and it was at a 911 center. We were on call and when you got called out you had two hours to be onsite to fix any problem they had. He had family in Chicago and he got called out to a 911 center which was near St.Louis in Madison County and he didn't show up for five hours later. This went to the President of the company and to the President of the union and they agreed he needed to be terminated so, if they want someone fired they would be. You have people in the private sector that should be fired but, they're not as as well.
    Kid, I'm not saying every union situation is as egregious as what I witnessed back in my college days. That would be painting with a very broad brush. I am only stating facts as they played out for me and all to see. I realize this took place some years ago and I haven't been involved with a union since those days but it's undeniable that the union protected employees who should have been terminated. I must also say that I'm not totally anti-union. All I'm saying is I'm grateful that I'm in the situation that I am and no longer have to deal with what I witnessed back then which was the result of union protection policies.

Unions are a lot like the dem party too......they think nobody can see what goes on behind the curtain.

unions were of a great need in the early part of the last century , when men were killing themselves for 2 dollars a day in a coal mine while one man got filthy rich of there backs , those days are gone as decedents from these workers found there way into management and realized if you treat your workers fair , there is no need to support a union with there hard earned money , here in alabama , there trying to unionize amazon , it has been shown that if that happens , under union rules , they will be no better of and there wage and benefits could suffer , I have to agree with BBQ here , to me , the union is no more than a scape goat for unproductive , lazy employees that will take advantage of the system and fat cat union bosses living well of union dues.....jmo....

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    unions were of a great need in the early part of the last century , when men were killing themselves for 2 dollars a day in a coal mine while one man got filthy rich of there backs , those days are gone as decedents from these workers found there way into management and realized if you treat your workers fair , there is no need to support a union with there hard earned money , here in alabama , there trying to unionize amazon , it has been shown that if that happens , under union rules , they will be no better of and there wage and benefits could suffer , i have to agree with bbq here , to me , the union is no more than a scape goat for unproductive , lazy employees that will take advantage of the system and fat cat union bosses living well of union dues.....jmo....
    and all the gullible people who buy into it !

Quote Originally Posted by dirtman007 View Post
    pun intended !

Kid, if you read the majority of these posters replies, you will see that at one time they "were" in a union. I just wonder how many of them are the lazy that were fired. Now they are against unions because they all thought the union was there to protect their lazy a$$. So naturally they hate unions. Now they will get on here give us some lame excuse why they quit. They didn't quit they got fired! Now I know why they are so jealous.

Explains why they had to start their own business. Once they applied for a job and the employer researched their resume and found that had been let go on several occasion. They wouldn't hire them. So they started their own business/hobby. Now that they have started their own business they have to compete for employee's. Naturally they get what they can afford. Probably not the best desirable employees. Naturally they will hate unions/ capitalism.
    When you can't compete you hate.

Good morning gentleman time to stir the pot.

All of the above is just for $hits and giggles.

I do respect all of you businessman and hope for the best for your business! If you were in my area I would support your business. I support all of the small businesses in my area as much as I can. If its going to Walmart or going to a locally owned business. I will go to the locally own business even if I have to pay a little more for the same item.
    In our town we have a marijuana lab(greenhouse). When I go to a dispensary I buy their product since they hire several local citizens.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtMAN007 View Post
    Wait, I thought all of us are the gullible fools??? When did it change?

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    Kid, if you read the majority of these posters replies, you will see that at one time they "were" in a union. I just wonder how many of them are the lazy that were fired. Now they are against unions because they all thought the union was there to protect their lazy a$$. So naturally they hate unions. Now they will get on here give us some lame excuse why they quit. They didn't quit they got fired! Now I know why they are so jealous.

Explains why they had to start their own business. Once they applied for a job and the employer researched their resume and found that had been let go on several occasion. They wouldn't hire them. So they started their own business/hobby. Now that they have started their own business they have to compete for employee's. Naturally they get what they can afford. Probably not the best desirable employees. Naturally they will hate unions/ capitalism.

I do respect all of you businessman and hope for the best for your business! If you were in my area I would support your business. I support all of the small businesses in my area as much as I can. If its going to Walmart or going to a locally owned business. I will go to the locally own business even if I have to pay a little more for the same item.
    In our town we have a marijuana lab(greenhouse). When I go to a dispensary I buy their product since they hire several local citizens.
    Never been fired from a job (union or otherwise) in my life and I can prove it. I haven't needed a job other than running my business in over 2 decades and I really want to keep it that way. I can say anything I want regarding race, politics, religion etc. and there is no one who will fire me or boycott my livelihood. I can be as pro or anti woke (whatever the he!! that stupid term really means!) as I wanna' be. All the people I deal with feel pretty much the same way I do about most, if not all, of those touchy subjects. All that and I still make a comfortable living and have the opportunity of more time off throughout the year than any union member or clock puncher! Smiling wide at this very moment!

Quote Originally Posted by cirf View Post
    never been fired from a job (union or otherwise) in my life and i can prove it. I haven't needed a job other than running my business in over 2 decades and i really want to keep it that way. I can say anything i want regarding race, politics, religion etc. And there is no one who will fire me or boycott my livelihood. I can be as pro or anti woke (whatever the he!! That stupid term really means!) as i wanna' be. All the people i deal with feel pretty much the same way i do about most, if not all, of those touchy subjects. All that and i still make a comfortable living and have the opportunity of more time off throughout the year than any union member or clock puncher! Smiling wide at this very moment!
    amen brother !

kid, if you read the majority of these posters replies, you will see that at one time they "were" in a union. I just wonder how many of them are the lazy that were fired. Now they are against unions because they all thought the union was there to protect their lazy a$$. So naturally they hate unions. Now they will get on here give us some lame excuse why they quit. They didn't quit they got fired! Now i know why they are so jealous.

I do respect all of you businessman and hope for the best for your business! If you were in my area i would support your business. I support all of the small businesses in my area as much as i can. If its going to walmart or going to a locally owned business. I will go to the locally own business even if i have to pay a little more for the same item.
    In our town we have a marijuana lab(greenhouse). When i go to a dispensary i buy their product since they hire several local citizens.
    i see you buy into all that government approved stuff ! Who is gullible ?

Unions had their place at one time. Like the government and large corporations they say they despise, unions became greedy and forgot about the people that make up the backbone of their organization. Unions shot themselves in the foot, history proves it.
    I hate time trials.

Kid, LOL it appears that we have a couple of guilty conscience. Looks like my post was right. The guilty just couldn't help themselves by not replying. Do you notice that it's all right for them to brag what they have but if I do it its a major sin?
    Last edited by ss12; 03-18-2021 at 01:28 PM.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

kid, lol it appears that we have a couple of guilty conscious. Looks like my post was right. The guilty just couldn't help themselves by not replying. Do you notice that it's all right for them to brag what they have but if i do it its a major sin?
    show me 1 post where i have bragged about what i have ? And my father is deceased also in case you want to abuse him !

kid, lol it appears that we have a couple of guilty conscious. Looks like my post was right. The guilty just couldn't help themselves by not replying. Do you notice that it's all right for them to brag what they have but if i do it its a major sin?
    are you a disabled veteran by chance ?

Kid, LOL it appears that we have a couple of guilty conscious. Looks like my post was right. The guilty just couldn't help themselves by not replying. Do you notice that it's all right for them to brag what they have but if I do it its a major sin?
    Not sure what a guilty "conscious" is. You can lose consciousness which is the opposite of being conscious but that has nothing to do with a guilty conscience! Are you conscious or unconscious? If you are conscious you're awake and coherent. If you're unconscious you may have done something for someone to render you that way! Do they teach you that stuff at your union meetings? LOLOL!

Please clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Not sure what a guilty "conscious" is. You can lose consciousness which is the opposite of being conscious but that has nothing to do with a guilty conscience! Are you conscious or unconscious? If you are conscious you're awake and coherent. If you're unconscious you may have done something for someone to render you that way! Do they teach you that stuff at your union meetings? LOLOL!

Please clarify.
    There I fixed for you.

There I fixed for you.
    At this point it's unclear whether it can be "fixed" at all! LOLOL!