Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Gas Price.

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    Unions had their place at one time. Like the government and large corporations they say they despise, unions became greedy and forgot about the people that make up the backbone of their organization. Unions shot themselves in the foot, history proves it.
    Exactly......too many free trips for the shop bosses and their families.

I feel exactly the same way you do kaz.....unions had their place at one time.

Like the pay phone and pagers did.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    The Tesla is running great. The torque this car has is unbelievable. To recharge it cost $6.00 which will go 200 miles. Pretty cheap since gas is so high and going higher.
    You can try and pass off high gas prices with a Tesla , but hundreds of items are made from
    oil . So laugh as you might , but to gullible to know better as I read your bullsh!t . So you will
    pay more , like it or not . And this CLOWN in office right now is a treat to take us into another
    war . And glad to see your ( HAHAHAHA UNION ) job has been good for you , as thousands of
    pipeline employees struggle to pay bills . And save that stimulus for that five thousand dollar
    battery that you will surly need . Oh you may need Thirty five hudo or so to go with it .

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Never been fired from a job (union or otherwise) in my life and I can prove it. I haven't needed a job other than running my business in over 2 decades and I really want to keep it that way. I can say anything I want regarding race, politics, religion etc. and there is no one who will fire me or boycott my livelihood. I can be as pro or anti woke (whatever the he!! that stupid term really means!) as I wanna' be. All the people I deal with feel pretty much the same way I do about most, if not all, of those touchy subjects. All that and I still make a comfortable living and have the opportunity of more time off throughout the year than any union member or clock puncher! Smiling wide at this very moment!
    Same here!

It appears a certain slave to his master, the union, might be a tad jealous of all the perks we businessmen get to enjoy! Or is it because of FEAR, he didnt have the balls to step out on his own.....hmmmmm!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLDIRT View Post
    You can try and pass off high gas prices with a Tesla , but hundreds of items are made from
    oil . So laugh as you might , but to gullible to know better as I read your bullsh!t . So you will
    pay more , like it or not . And this CLOWN in office right now is a treat to take us into another
    war . And glad to see your ( HAHAHAHA UNION ) job has been good for you , as thousands of
    pipeline employees struggle to pay bills . And save that stimulus for that five thousand dollar
    battery that you will surly need . Oh you may need Thirty five hudo or so to go with it .
    As far as the stimulus I didn't meet the requirements. You must be working a lot hours because you have lost track of time. The clown left in January
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

Kid, I'm not saying every union situation is as egregious as what I witnessed back in my college days. That would be painting with a very broad brush. I am only stating facts as they played out for me and all to see. I realize this took place some years ago and I haven't been involved with a union since those days but it's undeniable that the union protected employees who should have been terminated. I must also say that I'm not totally anti-union. All I'm saying is I'm grateful that I'm in the situation that I am and no longer have to deal with what I witnessed back then which was the result of union protection policies.
    CIRF, I have no doubt of what you witnessed because, I have as well but, like ss12 was saying some of the problem is their superiors wouldn't discipline them. I've had those same bosses and they wouldn't do what was necessary to to fire them but, I've also seen enough in the private sector where some employee's should be fired but, aren't so, it happens there as well. My thing was always to mind my own business and not worry about what other people said or did. We would have some just complain about this employee or that employee. I used to tell them I don't know why you let it bother you and it was always they get paid the same as us and I would yes they do but, your not the boss so, nothing you can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Same here!

It appears a certain slave to his master, the union, might be a tad jealous of all the perks we businessmen get to enjoy! Or is it because of FEAR, he didnt have the balls to step out on his own.....hmmmmm!!!
    Yap real jealous. Zero how was work today? Retirement is great! Do what I want to all day long, if I want to. Pretty tuff. Sorry to hear you are slaving away all day long at the business/hobby.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

Unions are great for some but, not all. I can't say anything bad about the union I was in. They went out of their way to find me a job so, I could get my retirement and the company worked with them to make that happen. I needed 3 years and I told them once that time came I would retire and I did. I started my own small business. Like I said the union and the company had a good working relationship and they paid me well and I had great benefits. I didn't pay for any health insurance for years and then when I did finally have to pay it was 205.00 for a family of 3 plus When I retired I had 6 weeks vacation so, you sure as heck won't see me rail against unions. Now I will say there are some that are worthless but, that's not the case for all of them. People talk about greed from the union well lets face it there was greed from the companies as well.

Yap real jealous. Zero how was work today? Retirement is great! Do what I want to all day long, if I want to. Pretty tuff. Sorry to hear you are slaving away all day long at the business/hobby.
    Work was excellent. Im not one to sit around!

Thanks for the help with some of my expenses today........your tax dollars were at work!

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    CIRF, I have no doubt of what you witnessed because, I have as well but, like ss12 was saying some of the problem is their superiors wouldn't discipline them. I've had those same bosses and they wouldn't do what was necessary to to fire them but, I've also seen enough in the private sector where some employee's should be fired but, aren't so, it happens there as well. My thing was always to mind my own business and not worry about what other people said or did. We would have some just complain about this employee or that employee. I used to tell them I don't know why you let it bother you and it was always they get paid the same as us and I would yes they do but, your not the boss so, nothing you can do about it.
    I was intent upon minding my own business, as well, but when a guy is pulling crap that would generally get a body fired and is taking home the same money everyone else is it gets old in a hurry. Especially when the work load is unnecessarily increased because of this guy or that guy isn't pulling their share of the work load. And, you're right, about half the time the guy protected by the union was a$$hole buddies with the supervisor.

The day I walked out of my summer welding job for the last time I knew I'd NEVER willingly go back to that BS. It would only be for survival of my family. So far I've never had to look back and never will.

There was a song that used to get played a lot in the Campus Town bars back in those days. One line went like this "I'm doin' alright, gettin' good grades, the future's so bright......I gotta' wear shades!". As I listened to that little ditty back in the day I knew where I was going and I'm still there, Thank God!!

I was intent upon minding my own business, as well, but when a guy is pulling crap that would generally get a body fired and is taking home the same money everyone else is it gets old in a hurry. Especially when the work load is unnecessarily increased because of this guy or that guy isn't pulling their share of the work load. And, you're right, about half the time the guy protected by the union was a$$hole buddies with the supervisor.

The day I walked out of my summer welding job for the last time I knew I'd NEVER willingly go back to that BS. It would only be for survival of my family. So far I've never had to look back and never will.

There was a song that used to get played a lot in the Campus Town bars back in those days. One line went like this "I'm doin' alright, gettin' good grades, the future's so bright......I gotta' wear shades!". As I listened to that little ditty back in the day I knew where I was going and I'm still there, Thank God!!
    Oh don't get me wrong it would piss me off as well with these lazy a---s but, I knew there was nothing I could do so, I just kept my head down and kept doing the job I was paid to do. The money and benefits was so good I just made my mind up that I wasn't going to worry about it and do what I could to provide for my family. Luckily for me I was stationed at the Capitol building and I didn't have to put up with them lazy a---s for the most part. I would have to deal with them when we would work overtime to move the Reps, Senators, Governor's office to new offices after an election. I did have to call on one guy to my boss and I told him not to send him back because, he was not welcomed back there. Like I said working for unions is not for everyone. Looks like you made the right decision for you and your family and I made the right decision for me and my family.

All of these latest posts about the inner workings of the union shop are all too familiar.....if what they are saying is true I feel confident that KR and SS both would have survived and done well with or without being forced to pay to come work.
    It's pretty clear you guys aren't the bad apples that cause a union business to rot from within.

Just to be clear , IMO unions suck ........doesn't mean either of you do because of where you worked.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Oh don't get me wrong it would piss me off as well with these lazy a---s but, I knew there was nothing I could do so, I just kept my head down and kept doing the job I was paid to do. The money and benefits was so good I just made my mind up that I wasn't going to worry about it and do what I could to provide for my family. Luckily for me I was stationed at the Capitol building and I didn't have to put up with them lazy a---s for the most part. I would have to deal with them when we would work overtime to move the Reps, Senators, Governor's office to new offices after an election. I did have to call on one guy to my boss and I told him not to send him back because, he was not welcomed back there. Like I said working for unions is not for everyone. Looks like you made the right decision for you and your family and I made the right decision for me and my family.
    go along to get along .....................................sound familiar? weak spines no backbone jelly spines as we call em' !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Work was excellent. Im not one to sit around!

Thanks for the help with some of my expenses today........your tax dollars were at work!
    there is just something so gratifying about going to work every day knowing that you and you alone are why people patronize your business and you have the satisfaction of pleasing those people ! something some people will never know ! or can't even begin to understand so they lash out and bash deceased people to make themselves feel better ! I agree with CRF throat punch is warranted !
    Last edited by dirtMAN007; 03-19-2021 at 09:07 AM.

My ole lady is a post master with the post office , management is non union , the rest are union , if a worker is ex military and in the union , it is virtually impossible to fire them , period , and here lies the problem in general , to me , occupations like public servants such as postal workers and teachers should have no need to unionize , they know what is required of them before they ever apply for the job and that should be enough , in her 33 years of working for the USPS , all she has saw the unions do is protect the sorry , lazy azz workers which in a sense penalizes the good ones , now kid and SS , i do not know if yall are in this category or not , if your not , then im sure you have been offended at one time or another by these same actions , I know if i was doing a good job and the guy/gal next to me was doing half the work and getting paid the same amount i could not stand it , but maybe thats just me.....

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    My ole lady is a post master with the post office , management is non union , the rest are union , if a worker is ex military and in the union , it is virtually impossible to fire them , period , and here lies the problem in general , to me , occupations like public servants such as postal workers and teachers should have no need to unionize , they know what is required of them before they ever apply for the job and that should be enough , in her 33 years of working for the USPS , all she has saw the unions do is protect the sorry , lazy azz workers which in a sense penalizes the good ones , now kid and SS , i do not know if yall are in this category or not , if your not , then im sure you have been offended at one time or another by these same actions , I know if i was doing a good job and the guy/gal next to me was doing half the work and getting paid the same amount i could not stand it , but maybe thats just me.....
    it's called being a man and having a spine !

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    that's why i asked ss if he was a disabled vet because you can never fire one from a union !

As far as the stimulus I didn't meet the requirements. You must be working a lot hours because you have lost track of time. The clown left in January
    Well congrats that your one that pays enough into the system for the left to be able to
    get all the free stuff they want . But that battery is still expensive . And if you can say that
    idiot that is hiding from the pubic because he is ill , and talks and walks like a empty headed
    clown that he is , you might be related . And yes I work a lot , I have two very good businesses .
    I pay allot of taxes . Like I said the left needs allot of free things .

That Clown in the White House don't even know he's The President , He keeps calling that POS female the President .

That Clown in the White House don't even know he's The President , He keeps calling that POS female the President .
    he fell up the steps ! MAYBE NEXT TIME IT WILL BE down !LOL !!!!

Because she is......was the plan all along....she got the votes, he didn't.