Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Price.

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    the majority of those so called 80 million had no Idea what they were voting for , and like some on here , did not care , there hatred for trump made them so blind to reality that they did not care who run against trump , it was defeat him at all cost , well , here is your cost and 3 dollar plus gas and the huge crises at the border is just the beginning , but to most of them , they beat the orange man and thats all that matters , WAKE UP AMERICA ........
    To tell the Truth, 20 million of those votes were fake or illegal.

How many people actually voted for Biden? More like 60 million, sadly he only needed a "D" to get those votes. That's all that mattered.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    To tell the Truth, 20 million of those votes were fake or illegal.

How many people actually voted for Biden? More like 60 million, sadly he only needed a "D" to get those votes. That's all that mattered.
    not even that ! the initials just couldn't be DJT !

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    How's that Tesla running these days, ss? Are ya' doin' any badass burnouts with it these days?

over, if you get Gavin recalled and defeated it'll go back down fast! LOLOL!!

I may be a pu$$y but I'm gonna' whine anyway! A large portion of my yearly business input costs are fuel and energy. These inputs are NOT elective, they are a large segment of what is mandatory for my business to continue to operate. EVERY dollar increase in fuel and energy is one dollar less that I will realize as a profit for the year and believe me, the profit margins are relatively thin on a good year. The only way I'll quit whining like a poisoned pup is if I get called out by a restauranteur or a bar owner who has been forcibly closed down for over a year! Those folks are the people who have a huge and legitimate bitch!

Hey BBQ, you're a man after my own heart! I've been to Reno/Tahoe several times and I have a sister near the southern coast of Oregon so I'm with ya' 100% on those two destinations. I've spent a fair amount of time in the Temecula wine country but never Napa.

We're planning a trip to Reno/Lake Tahoe in August for the Hot August Nights car show and we plan on spending some time on the Lake while we're there, as well. Looking forward to it big time!!

SoCal is beautiful, too, but you have to stay well away from LA, which is nearly as big of a $hithole as chitcago, and that's sayin' something!! We'll venture into San Diego and the Ventura/Oxnard area but that's as close as we ever want to get to LA.
    The Tesla is running great. The torque this car has is unbelievable. To recharge it cost $6.00 which will go 200 miles. Pretty cheap since gas is so high and going higher.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

CIRF & BBQ, I'd bet that our Guv will, at the least, be on a recall ballot in a few months and, hopefully, out on his incompetent a$$ shortly later. Tough thing is who to put up against him. Another incompetent? The only other Governor in CA to be recalled was Dem Gray Davis. In his place we got a Republican Austrian body builder/movie star who rode around in a fleet of Humvees, smoked stogies in a tent on the Capitol's front lawn and knocked up his kids' nanny. Wasn't exactly a trade up.

Some large reasons for our high gas prices include the highest gas taxes in the country, our miniscule amount of refineries (not in my backyard) and our "special" fuels to cut the smog (that worked).

You've been out here enough to know how beautiful much of the west is and to be able to overlook the cruddy area, which every state has. I've been in some 40 of the states and found terrific stuff and god-awful stuff in every single one, in varying degrees of course. I've loved many of the years I spent in SoCal and even more so the past 36 years in the Sierra Nevada mountain foothills. Friendly small communities, good neighbors, a small ranch populated by the horses, goats and sheep we've rescued from some unpleasant former circumstances and are now healthy and happy.

Lake Tahoe, without question one of the prettiest spots in the country, is an hour up the mountain, the Napa vineyards about an hour and a half away, the Gold Country where the '49ers discovered gold surrounds us and is an interesting part of American history, the rugged north coast of California. Got a lot of race tracks where we can indulge our nutty hobby with people we mostly like. Sure, it's expensive out here but that's what you get when nearly 40 million people choose to live here. Personally, I'd like to see 'bout 38,000,000 of them leave and go to your states. Maybe your Chambers of Commerce could help. I'd be grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    The Tesla is running great. The torque this car has is unbelievable. To recharge it cost $6.00 which will go 200 miles. Pretty cheap since gas is so high and going higher.
    My brother and his wife each have 1, they are very cool and they go from zero to real quick in a hurry.....I'm not sure of the models hers is white suv ish with gull wings and his is more of a grey sedan looking car.

As fuel rises so will the cost to plug the tesla in and recharge it, but I'm sure you know that already.....
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    CIRF & BBQ, I'd bet that our Guv will, at the least, be on a recall ballot in a few months and, hopefully, out on his incompetent a$$ shortly later. Tough thing is who to put up against him. Another incompetent? The only other Governor in CA to be recalled was Dem Gray Davis. In his place we got a Republican Austrian body builder/movie star who rode around in a fleet of Humvees, smoked stogies in a tent on the Capitol's front lawn and knocked up his kids' nanny. Wasn't exactly a trade up.

Some large reasons for our high gas prices include the highest gas taxes in the country, our miniscule amount of refineries (not in my backyard) and our "special" fuels to cut the smog (that worked).

You've been out here enough to know how beautiful much of the west is and to be able to overlook the cruddy area, which every state has. I've been in some 40 of the states and found terrific stuff and god-awful stuff in every single one, in varying degrees of course. I've loved many of the years I spent in SoCal and even more so the past 36 years in the Sierra Nevada mountain foothills. Friendly small communities, good neighbors, a small ranch populated by the horses, goats and sheep we've rescued from some unpleasant former circumstances and are now healthy and happy.

Lake Tahoe, without question one of the prettiest spots in the country, is an hour up the mountain, the Napa vineyards about an hour and a half away, the Gold Country where the '49ers discovered gold surrounds us and is an interesting part of American history, the rugged north coast of California. Got a lot of race tracks where we can indulge our nutty hobby with people we mostly like. Sure, it's expensive out here but that's what you get when nearly 40 million people choose to live here. Personally, I'd like to see 'bout 38,000,000 of them leave and go to your states. Maybe your Chambers of Commerce could help. I'd be grateful.
    Man, where you are sounds exactly like heaven.....it's nice to know that someone that lives there thinks so too, that's very cool.

I knew I wasn't wrong thinking as we were driving through vacationing or business tripping that the area would be just as you described to live in....I've lived along the coast most of my life and seen my fair share of coastal beauty and all that comes with it so SoCal as cool as it is does nothing for me in the state.....thanks for sharing over4t, got me nudged to start figuring out when we will get back out, it's been about 10 years.

I while back I read in one of the Auto magazines that a VW Jetta Diesel was the more well rounded vehicle “environmentally“, top to bottom --- than any of its EV competitors.

I may be a pu$$y but I'm gonna' whine anyway! A large portion of my yearly business input costs are fuel and energy. These inputs are NOT elective, they are a large segment of what is mandatory for my business to continue to operate. EVERY dollar increase in fuel and energy is one dollar less that I will realize as a profit for the year and believe me, the profit margins are relatively thin on a good year. The only way I'll quit whining like a poisoned pup is if I get called out by a restauranteur or a bar owner who has been forcibly closed down for over a year! Those folks are the people who have a huge and legitimate bitch!

Agree with ya cirf! Fuel is one of my biggest cogs as well!

You cant teach some of these clowns how to read a p&l statement!Most work by the hour and dont have a clue, that its people like us that make this great capitalist country.....GREAT!

Oh well.......guess whos gonna pay for these for these fuel costs.......THEY ARE!!!

Which model do you have? We checked into one a year ago and the cheapest model we could get into with the long range capability was over $60 grand with buyer incentives and it wasn't nearly large enough for anything but a work car. Anything large enough to be practical was just shy of $100 grand. We opted for a turbo charged Lexus SUV that will flat get it done!! I can buy a lot of $4.50 91 octane gas for the difference and I don't have to sweat finding charging stations. We live in a very rural area and plug-in's aren't all that plentiful.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post

You cant teach some of these clowns how to read a p&l statement!Most work by the hour and dont have a clue, that its people like us that make this great capitalist country.....GREAT!

Oh well.......guess whos gonna pay for these for these fuel costs.......THEY ARE!!!
    You're dead on, ZERO! Being self employed has it's benefits but the governmental red tape is beyond excessive.

A few down side facets of being self employed as opposed to punching a time clock is we pay 100% of our social security/self employment tax. We pay dearly for health insurance. We don't pay into workman's comp. so subsequently we can't collect it if we're unexpectedly outa' work.

We also pay our taxes in either 4 installments of estimated amounts or we pay it in one lump sum. I've said for a very long time that if the time clock punchers didn't have taxes taken out of every paycheck and wrote a single check for their taxes there would be a tax revolt of Biblical proportions. It certainly puts into perspective just how much it costs to be an honest, middle class person in this country and the states with an income tax!

lurker
    while back I read in one of the Auto magazines that a VW Jetta Diesel was the more well rounded vehicle “environmentally“, top to bottom --- than any of its EV competitors.

Is that why VW is building an electric vehicle? VW goal is to out sell Tesla by 2025.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post

What is it? You have been bragging for the last 3 years how good your business has been doing. Up 30-40%. Now gas goes up .75 and your business is doing bad. Now you admitting " the profit margins are relatively thin on a good year". Didn't your wise father tell you prepare in the good times for the bad times?
    Last edited by ss12; 03-17-2021 at 07:22 AM.

Small and independent business owners are the backbone of our nation and economy. If you haven’t lost sleep thinking about this week’s payroll, this quarter’s taxes, retaining good employees, and if you can adequately provide for your family then move on along, you don’t have a clue.
    I hate time trials.

What is it? You have been bragging for the last 3 years how good your business has been doing. Up 30-40%. Now gas goes up .75 and your business is doing bad. Now you admitting " the profit margins are relatively thin on a good year". Didn't your wise father tell you prepare in the good times for the bad times?
    Not for nothing, but continuing to take shots at his deceased father just so you can try and win an argument entitles you to a good punch in the throat from somebody....I didn't see where anyone was saying their business wasn't good, just that Joe and crew fuel debacle was eating into the profits.

And you probably wouldn't know this being you've been paying to clock in for so long , but thin margins make people a lot of money, especially when high volume comes into play.

why continue to rag on the mans father like that? You take cheap shots at him all the time......speaks more about you than the point you're trying to make.

Default Good post kaz

But in SS defense,They don't teach how to handle those situations on the employee break room posters at most Union shops.....he wouldn't have any idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Not for nothing, but continuing to take shots at his deceased father just so you can try and win an argument entitles you to a good punch in the throat from somebody....I didn't see where anyone was saying their business wasn't good, just that Joe and crew fuel debacle was eating into the profits.

And you probably wouldn't know this being you've been paying to clock in for so long , but thin margins make people a lot of money, especially when high volume comes into play.

why continue to rag on the mans father like that? You take cheap shots at him all the time......speaks more about you than the point you're trying to make.
    I'm not the one who keeps bring of his father. Since he has brought up his father on several occasions on this forum its up for debate, deceased or not. Have you ever bought up your father and how great of businessman he was. No and we do not debate your father on this forum.
    Last edited by ss12; 03-17-2021 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    But in SS defense,They don't teach how to handle those situations on the employee break room posters at most Union shops.....he wouldn't have any idea what you're talking about.
    I see you are still jealous of my union jobs. And thinks to my union job I'm able to support all of the local small and big businesses in my area. I would support your business if it was in this area.

I see you are still jealous of my union jobs. And thinks to my union job I'm able to support all of the local small and big businesses in my area. I would support your business if it was in this area.
    We've had this discussion, the term jealous doesn't fit at all.....just honest about it, how it works, and what it does to increase the cost of the end product.

Congrats on working that system to your advantage, some of us chose a different more rewarding path to get where we are.

And come on man, the guy has done nothing but praise his father for his upbringing and values and you have done nothing but throw rocks at his dad......you've earned a punch in the gullet from someone.

I'm the one who said "profit margins are relatively thin on a good year", not ZERO. Please get it right or leave it alone. From what ZERO posts it is evident that we are both small businessmen and we both know that we have to account for every penny of expense in order to know how to make long term business decisions. Be advised that I'm not knocking you guys that punch a time clock but the reality of your situation is this: you don't have to accurately compose and interpret a profit-loss spread sheet. You're required to show up, do your job with the skills and motivation that is required, and go home. Small business people live and die, eat and breath their businesses 7 days a week. At least the successful ones do.

ss, try not to diminish from your credibility and respect by making flippant and unflattering remarks about someone's family, let alone parents that are deceased. You can hold your own without stooping to that level.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I'm the one who said "profit margins are relatively thin on a good year", not ZERO. Please get it right or leave it alone. From what ZERO posts it is evident that we are both small businessmen and we both know that we have to account for every penny of expense in order to know how to make long term business decisions. Be advised that I'm not knocking you guys that punch a time clock but the reality of your situation is this: you don't have to accurately compose and interpret a profit-loss spread sheet. You're required to show up, do your job with the skills and motivation that is required, and go home. Small business people live and die, eat and breath their businesses 7 days a week. At least the successful ones do.

ss, try not to diminish from your credibility and respect by making flippant and unflattering remarks about someone's family, let alone parents that are deceased. You can hold your own without stooping to that level.

Sorry I just went back and re-read Zero's post and now see where he was comment on your post. I apologize to everyone I offended. I understand that a business owner job is 7 days a week but at the same time no one should cut down anyone who went to work everyday that he was schedule
    to make a living for his family union or not. I didn't take advantage of anyone I was just trying to support my family the best I could.

A shop owner told me 3 years ago that his daughter bought a electric car, and loved it until a battery went bad, and carried it in for repair, then found out that you had to replace all the batteries at the same it cost her 2,000 $, that may not be the case now - just saying.