Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Eldora dream

Default Post #58 I’m certainly not going to support Eldora at this time or any other busines

Flyboy I bet if bloomer had something to do w it you would be all for it!🤔

No TD there isn't. It's just that many promoters try to keep the fans clueless about their profits, mainly the big operations.

And if they don't believe they will profit nicely they are prone to postponing or cancelling.

The days of racing until the rain starts falling is getting less and less.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by buster83 View Post
    baseball @ 30% in Ohio
    But that's the problem...the Constitution states that they cannot limit the assembly of people. Why can't people understand that?

It’s just not as easy/simple as you say- Gearhead. Hurdles to cross & licenses to loose. I know where you are coming from-believe me- but it’s just not as easy as opening up the ticket booth and saying “we are open.”
    Please chill a little bit- we will get back to normalcy sooner than you think. This Covid crap caught the entire world of guard as far as how to handle it, how to re-act so forth & so on. Everyone’s lifestyle has changed during this mess- the United States can conquer and move forward from this- just not as quickly as you would like. Be thankful this virus hasn’t taken you down- stay strong and give hope to us all!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    No TD there isn't. It's just that many promoters try to keep the fans clueless about their profits, mainly the big operations.

And if they don't believe they will profit nicely they are prone to postponing or cancelling.

The days of racing until the rain starts falling is getting less and less.
    That's the privilege of being a private business. They could be publicly-owned, which would be the death of almost any race track. I'm sure many companies want to keep their profits private. I don't think the sale of Eldora Speedway was ever made public. Would love to know how much it cost Tony, not to mention the fact how much it could have been sold for.

Property transfers are public. You can look that up at the appropriate Darke County office. There were at least 4 parcels of land. Maybe more. It's been years since I looked it up.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Property transfers are public. You can look that up at the appropriate Darke County office. There were at least 4 parcels of land. Maybe more. It's been years since I looked it up.
    True but the public records reflect only the price of the sold real estate and not the business. The price of the ballroom and concession business is not necessarily reflected in that price. And let's face it the business the track does is worth a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I tried to look it up when it was sold and never found it. Do you know?

I found this if it is accurate
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sounds like Ohio is lifting outside capacity. We shall see

Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    True but the public records reflect only the price of the sold real estate and not the business. The price of the ballroom and concession business is not necessarily reflected in that price. And let's face it the business the track does is worth a lot.
    The price given for the land was way more than what the land was worth for farming and buildings. It was 8 to 10 million or so, if I remember correctly.

But, I'm not saying that is or isn't the whole pie. I have no idea.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Why are some folks so worried about what other people make or what they’re worth. Never understood. If you’re worried about what a promoter is making it’s simple, quit going.
    I hate time trials.

You a** clowns just don't get it do you. The big E draws attention, the camping although I believe it has been calmed down a lot, doesn't need attention drawn to the speedway for the wrong reasons. The world and many other events have people confined to a area that doesn't take a great deal to be there for many situations. Why ruffle feathers on the local and state levels if you don't have to. Maybe if there was a outbreak and it was traced back to a event ? Maybe Tony doesn't need to deal with that.

Out of my hands Gear_Head. but i just don't see Tony turning money away.

Ohio reducing restrictions so maybe there is Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by buster83 View Post
    baseball @ 30% in Ohio
    That's a normal home game in Cincinnati. No need for anyone to get worked up.

Outside restrictions lifted but still must wear mask and social distance. The words were changed but still same effects

Who is going to police mask wearing and distancing at a dirt track race?? A big LOL
    Another big track put up signs like that, and I knew someone who attends. Are they doing any
    of that? Nope the place is at capacity and no one is wearing a mask. Good Good Good was my response.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Who is going to police mask wearing and distancing at a dirt track race?? A big LOL
    Another big track put up signs like that, and I knew someone who attends. Are they doing any
    of that? Nope the place is at capacity and no one is wearing a mask. Good Good Good was my response.
    I got a survey in my email a couple weeks ago asking my opinion of the Dirt Nationals at Bristol. One of questions asked me to rate their Covid rules enforcement. I gave it the highest rating possible...because they didn't enforce it at all! It was great. Even the police weren't wearing masks and we were all joking around with them.