Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Low Car Counts this weekend

The real reason for low car counts could be that alot of guys up hear might not be willing to travel for no points. Also it costs soo much to run Super Lates that its sad. A regular show has to pay 5,000 to win and 500 to start for these guys to even have a chance at having a decent night. For example alot of track still pay 1,200 to win and 200 to start around here in Ohio but to get the cars and fans you need a higher purse. Also this $40 pit pass has to stop because you take 5 people and its an automatic 200 right there.

I think it depends on the weather this time of year. Port Royal had 38 cars.
    2021 race count
    6 events

but port royal also had alot of guys that were there from around the area as well that run every week port royal runs

Port also pays 3000 weekly

^^^^^yep and I think there slm fields are going to be strong all year. Port and the grove have both up'd there weekly purse.

"Start Money" can be deceiving as well. Entry fees have become all too commonplace, or having to pay a membership fee to race at your local track when they host a series of some sort.

$500 start money, minus $150 entry, maybe a couple pit passes ($80), ten gallons of race fuel ($80-$100), and maybe a new tire ($160-$180)...it doesn't take much to eat up that start money.
    Last edited by TheJet-09; 03-14-2021 at 11:06 PM.

Jet say it isn't so. The only benefit from crate racing is the promotors that are lazy and fall for there sales garbage. Let's not forget the money there making. It's all a scam. They lure you in and at the end of the year you win a gift certificate for something you have no use for. Your cost breakdown is spot on. Cheap, far from it.

Well if you've got a super there is not many places that run them anymore so there are not many supers around like there use to be nobody is running them weekly why do you want something that you can't race.

PA still has a bunch of weekly super tracks and there is only one regional series. I don’t necessarily think it’s fair to compare it to the rest of the nation.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    Also this $40 pit pass has to stop because you take 5 people and its an automatic 200 right there.
    Pretty simple. If you can't afford the pit pass, sit in the stands. I guess they should let everyone in the pits for 10 bucks. Wouldn't that be a mess and a safety issue.

Some drivers could be saving their equipment. There's a short supply of engine parts right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    Some drivers could be saving their equipment. There's a short supply of engine parts right now.
    There’s a short supply of almost any metal parts right now. Dale Jr talked a little bit about how it’s effecting NASCAR teams right now, I’m sure it won’t be long before it gets bad on our end

Not sure why a metal shortage. I haul steel every day and the factories I'm taking steel to are plum full. We slowed during shutdown but since then it's business as usual that I see. We do slinky style coils that is used for nuts, bolts, springs, etc. Basically all automotive but also do steel bars. I know not all metals the same but wire coming in from Canada as well.

I know someone who bought a new boat last month and the motor that was suppose to come with it was on back order. The dealer paid for the upgrade that was available to complete the sale and move the boat off the lot. We ordered some new A/C coils for A/C units where I work. Back order. I know of a few other things as well. Anything engine or some sort of certain metal related items are out of stock or on back order
    Last edited by NeedforLM$peed; 03-15-2021 at 12:31 PM.
    2021 race count
    6 events

If any part of the process includes anything that has to be imported you are currently screwed. Ports, containers, chassis, vessels etc are all a wreck.

Long story short, the global supply chain is sh!t at the moment.

You can’t go from nobody ordering anything to everybody ordering everything all at once. It’s just not serviceable at that capacity.

At Florence Speedway we had 20 SLM entries for a 10k to win, NO entry fee, had a number of drivers have their check books out and was very appreciative that there was not an entry fee

The weather was fair 50+ no chance of rain on race day

The crowd was great, the weather didn't scare them away

We had some heavy hitters, top notch talent on hand and the racing was very good

So maybe this is what it is during this time of year

^^^ And you guys started at a decent time. I was surprised how early I saw the results posted. That's a huge positive from a fan's perspective, this early in the year!

I was told by a purchasing rep that steel is $1 a pound now and China and Russia bought up all the scrap steel in the past year and sent it back to China and Russia before COVID. When COVID hit China and Russia kept making steel but we signed the USMCA pact and thus China cannot dump steel into the U.S. and same goes for Russia. So it was a U.S. made hit. the 4 major steel companies can only run 2 or 3 of their boilers because thats all the supply they have. Also chemical companies are hurting because they cannot get stuff from China. Also late in 2019 my brother in law could not get certain parts for A/C and Furnaces because of the deal.

Well I can say with certainty that scrap steel prices are up and steel went up around new year. On my end I'm expecting things to level off around summer. We went from shutdown delivering minimal product to balls to wall business as if nothing ever happened over night. Don't see that sustaining. Expecting a lull then things to even itself back right

That same shortage is happening in the excavation business right now. We released all the pipe for our job, 28,000 ft all at once. We usually do not. But the resin or whatever that we use in the pipe, it’s all plastic, is going outta control. But this is because of the crap show in Texas. So the shortage is also going to happen in construction to pretty soon.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.