Default More foward bite...

So I watched a late model race from Friday night...the leader had way more foward bite coming off the corner than everyone else, but as the race went on he seemed to lose foward bite. I got out of the game before the whole 4 bar revolution, what would cause this? Is it a 4 bar thing or a lift bar thing? We used to add lead to the back come feature time... Just curious, thanks

There's no one answer, especially short of asking that specific driver themselves. One challenging aspect of racing on dirt is keeping up with changing track conditions. Tires can go away, the driver can fade performance wise (I struggle with that), maybe it took others a bit to figure the fast line out, who knows.

I'm sure tail weight % is less today than what you were accustomed to. I've always felt the hardest race to win was one where you started on the pole (if that's even where your example driver started from).

Usually when it's obvious that a particular driver has what seems to be more forward bite than everyone else. It's because he is too tight. You rarely see the car displaying those characteristics win more than about a 20-25 lap race. His car does have more drive than every other car. Lr drive in particular and the problem is winning races nowadays is more about balance. The guy with the best 4 tires at the end usually wins. The guy with all the drive in the beginning usually overheats his lr tire and gets loose on exit or he pushes off the rf forcing him to bend the car more on entry hurting his rr and forcing him to slow down more. It's kinda like a Cole trickle thing. The other guys aren't as fast at the beginning but they don't show down as much in the long run. When we ran alot of limited races we would run setups that were bad fast for 15-20 laps but killed a rr tire. We didn't care because it was good enough to win and we could just bolt a new one on next week. When we move up it took quite a while to figure out what we needed to be their at the end of a 35-50 lap race