Thread: HOG wild ?

Thumbs down HOG wild ?

It has been said that the H.O.G. {Harley Owners Group} people and other motorcycle clubs are fuming mad at creepy at the early announcement of Creepy Joe Biden that he is already cancelling the 4th of July fireworks and celebration this year at Mt. Rushmore in South Dakota. The state holds a special place in the hearts of thousands of bikers that flock to the Black Hills and Sturgis every year to ride. They bring in millions into a remote areas economy. They feel that it is a revenge stunt because S.D. is a patriotic red state and the governor was highly respected by President Trump for being loyal to the Republican party.

They wanted so badly to try and paint Sturgis as this massive super spreader event last year - it wasn't. Yes, this administration wants to do everything it can to mess with South Dakota and Gov. Noem, along with anything they can do to mess with Florida as well. You can preach unity and coming together but Operation Gaslighting is still in full effect. Gotta keep spreading fear, keep up with the silly white supremacy BS, keep the virus fear going.

Oh but if we only do what Zhoe says, maybe if all goes right, maybe then by Independence Day we can have a hot dog in our backyard with - a few friends and family. All the while many thousands are coming into this country unfettered over the southern border with no testing or screening being done. New infections are walking right into this country right now. Priorities?
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

The America hating powers that be will try and disrupt every patriotic event that they can. And Biden wll be their tool to do it..
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Yep, walk right into the country and no virus screening. When you have a rogue government anything goes, except the rule of law.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Biden, making 4m Democrats proud, one idiotic move at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    Biden, making 4m Democrats proud, one idiotic move at a time.

Great liberal minds think alike!

Should great....liberal and minds even be used in the same sentence?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Should great....liberal and minds even be used in the same sentence?
    ALERT: off topic. Sorry.

BBQ, is it true that Myrtle Beach Speedway is closing to make way for development? Hopefully I dreamed that but if it's true it's a dam shame.

It is no more sir.......being demolished day by day.....it may already be gone, haven't been up that way in a while.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    It is no more sir.......being demolished day by day.....it may already be gone, haven't been up that way in a while.
    I do have a cool story about the place. Back in the late 50's Tiny Lund was the man up there, but he wasnt liked very well by the local businesses. So they got with my uncle, Larry Flynn and my dad, and handed them $10,000 to build a car to outrun Tiny. With the help of Ray Fox and Fish Carburetor they built a car and ran up and down the east coast and won a pile of races.

The locals even gave them free room and board at an all female boarding school. Only God knows if i have cousins and siblings still floating around up there! lol

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    I do have a cool story about the place. Back in the late 50's Tiny Lund was the man up there, but he wasnt liked very well by the local businesses. So they got with my uncle, Larry Flynn and my dad, and handed them $10,000 to build a car to outrun Tiny. With the help of Ray Fox and Fish Carburetor they built a car and ran up and down the east coast and won a pile of races.

The locals even gave them free room and board at an all female boarding school. Only God knows if i have cousins and siblings still floating around up there! lol
    Great story!!

Tiny was from Harlan, Iowa, which is in the far western part of the state. Another driver from the Harlan, Iowa area (Atlantic, Iowa) back in the 50's, 60's & early '70's was Johnny Beauchamp. Anyone who knows the history of NASCAR and more specifically Daytona International Speedway knows that Johnny Beauchamp ran second in a photo finish to Lee Petty in the first Daytona 500 way back in February of 1959. Beauchamp went to his grave back in 1983 believing he had won that first 500 but was cheated out of it due to a scoring snafu (all scoring was done manually by someone from the team) by Mrs. Lee Petty, The King's mother, who was scoring for Lee. Beauchamp also said that NASCAR really didn't want a Yankee from Iowa to win the inaugural Daytona 500 over their southern boys. He may well have had a point!

Beauchamp ran on the beach road course at Daytona and won a few NASCAR Grand National races in his time with NASCAR.

In his waning years of racing Beauchamp drove a '55 Chevy to the season championship at Peoria Speedway in Peoria, Illinois. Beauchamp commuted back and forth each weekend from the Harlan, Iowa area to race at Davenport, Iowa, Peoria and Sterling, Illinois. My dad watched Beauchamp many, many times in those years and said he was one of the 2 or 3 best short track dirt drivers he'd ever seen, and dad saw all the great ones from that era.

I believe Tiny and Johnny were good friends.