Default Left Rear Bump Stop

I've been reading this morning and couldn't find alot of info on putting a bump stop on the left rear behind shock. I am new to late models but couldn't you run a lower rate spring/springs and add a bump to get your desired ride height and load without effecting your expanded load number? or would this be sluggish trying to left the left rear versus a traditional load from the springs?

I tried it and it made the car very lazy to get on the nose/lift left rear. I may not have had all my loads 100% correct either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottomfeeder17 View Post
    I've been reading this morning and couldn't find alot of info on putting a bump stop on the left rear behind shock. I am new to late models but couldn't you run a lower rate spring/springs and add a bump to get your desired ride height and load without effecting your expanded load number? or would this be sluggish trying to left the left rear versus a traditional load from the springs?
    Yes, you can. Actually, if you have a spring rate in the less than 100# range, I find you pretty much have to.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Yes, you can. Actually, if you have a spring rate in the less than 100# range, I find you pretty much have to.
    Agree. I had to put bumps on the LR of my Mastersbilt when stacks weren't allowed with a 100# spring.

Thanks guys. I will try it this weekend if the rain holds off

on the extension side or rebound side ?? and why?

Quote Originally Posted by brett4 View Post
    on the extension side or rebound side ?? and why?
    The lower the rate, the less consistent your ride height stays. It gets too low, you find yourself scratching your head like the thread on here about the triple stack.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The lower the rate, the less consistent your ride height stays. It gets too low, you find yourself scratching your head like the thread on here about the triple stack.
    Ha Ha Ha, so it wasn't just me.

Simply put it allows you to maintain a given ride height while being able to alter extended load on a single spring or very low spring rate setup. Super common in many crate classes