Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Keyser made some overpriced gimmick that doesn't actually work as intended!? Say it aint so........"DATA ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY ACQUISITION STRING BOX WILL INCREASE TRACTION AND WHEEL LOADS USING ENGINEERING AND DATA TECHNOLOGY"

Quote Originally Posted by Burke1118 View Post
    Keyser made some overpriced gimmick that doesn't actually work as intended!? Say it aint so........"DATA ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY ACQUISITION STRING BOX WILL INCREASE TRACTION AND WHEEL LOADS USING ENGINEERING AND DATA TECHNOLOGY"
    It works. It just has frequency limitations as Ghopper mentioned. I haven't looked at price for those specially, but that technology is much cheaper than an lvdt.

In general, data measurements practice is very crude and not well done in our sport, where it is done at all.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 04-01-2021 at 12:17 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Those expensive smashers that auto run are great to compare with a guy that has the exact same equipment as you, but are terrible for actually knowing what you have.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Those expensive smashers that auto run are great to compare with a guy that has the exact same equipment as you, but are terrible for actually knowing what you have.
    I love when a guy just has to spend that 7k and then he says all my numbers are totally different with this machine or what's even better is the guys that aren't even smart enough to catch it they just assume it's the same and "right" because it was expensive and the big guys use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    I love when a guy just has to spend that 7k and then he says all my numbers are totally different with this machine or what's even better is the guys that aren't even smart enough to catch it they just assume it's the same and "right" because it was expensive and the big guys use them.
    "Can't even race a LM without one" I was told.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Good discussion in this thread.

Thx for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghopper View Post
    Remember the ground is "moving" at nearly the same speed under the car as the air moving above (hence rolling floor wind tunnels are much more accurate that static floor designs).

A cross section of the pressure distribution is visualized in a link above. This car was an XR1 with the oil cooler covered.

The easiest way to know where air is moving is to tape on a group of strings and watch where they go. Deck mount oil coolers suck the string from the deck through the oil cooler. ....Suck, as in high pressure above deck moving to low pressure below.
    So theres no device that could be made/mounted onto the deck, that would create a venturi effect?

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    So theres no device that could be made/mounted onto the deck, that would create a venturi effect?
    It can be argued that is the intent of cars with the oil cooler scoop facing the rear spoiler. I did not test to see if that works, or just creates low flow across the heat exchanger.

I put my cooler under the deck with a fan for the last ~13 races I have done since 2018 (smh). This years car is standard Mars supplied Keyser cooling package. I will test relative to my Fluidyne system.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    "Can't even race a LM without one" I was told.
    Funny, I was told the same thing by a very prominent shock guy. It strange when people believe in all this voodo magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghopper View Post
    It can be argued that is the intent of cars with the oil cooler scoop facing the rear spoiler. I did not test to see if that works, or just creates low flow across the heat exchanger.

I put my cooler under the deck with a fan for the last ~13 races I have done since 2018 (smh). This years car is standard Mars supplied Keyser cooling package. I will test relative to my Fluidyne system.
    What about rear facing louvers in certain areas of the deck?

Rear facing louvers is something that I have thought about also. I'm not sure how to test the efficiency of the sizing or the number of louvers in an area. I would think they would need to be placed in an area with high velocity non-turbulent flow to get the best results.
    Our Creed: "Where two or more are gathered, there shall be a RACE!"