Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So if that happens run it anyway if i was the track and say that the drivers were scared worst case scenario is that the series does not give points just show up points and say if they dont start the feature no money awarded. I bet some of the local guys would start and run and give the fans a free night for a regular race if they kept their bands.

If the cars are fault, the series is at fault. Series dictates the rules to the drivers, not the other way around very often.

It’s a no win situation. A lot of rain, right after everything has thawed out, ground is going to be soft till heck, mid April or longer depending on rain.

It’s not about being “men”, or babies, if they raced, most would have raced. Knowing it was a crappy idea. It absolutely is today’s cars and their grip level. Can you make enough changes to not make it flip easily, I dunno.

The right call is what they did. Or do what Atomic did(postpone to the next available date), though it might be dicey tonight. But it’s been dry and nice since Thursday, and Atomic is banked real good, so it might be ok.

So, the best crappy call was made. You can’t go on after 3 flips in late models, and totally seeing it’s because of the track. Unless some of you know it all’s are going to foot the bill for everything they are tearing up, plus medical bills, and hoping no one dies.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by YeetIt View Post
    If the cars are fault, the series is at fault. Series dictates the rules to the drivers, not the other way around very often.
    Yeah that is how it’s supposed to be, but it’s not. Drivers and chassis people and chassis parts people dictate the “rules”.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

And if either of the series decides to, something gets outlawed via the rules. I.e. Droop rules. The series dictates it 100% even though they change every season. The only way drivers actually influence rules is by finding the hole in the rules and making other drivers complain about said hole until the series closes it up like Bloomers special shocks or JD and the device.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    So if that happens run it anyway if i was the track and say that the drivers were scared worst case scenario is that the series does not give points just show up points and say if they dont start the feature no money awarded. I bet some of the local guys would start and run and give the fans a free night for a regular race if they kept their bands.
    Insurance would be another reason why they didnt continue. Its not as easy as just saying "run it anyway". They should have called it earlier in the week, but calling it last night when the did was the right call. They can race another day.

Quote Originally Posted by YeetIt View Post
    And if either of the series decides to, something gets outlawed via the rules. I.e. Droop rules. The series dictates it 100% even though they change every season. The only way drivers actually influence rules is by finding the hole in the rules and making other drivers complain about said hole until the series closes it up like Bloomers special shocks or JD and the device.
    I wish you were right. You aren't.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

It just shows that the track can look like it's turning out fine. You get cars on track and they start loading the suspension to were it's getting down into the track you have a totally different problem coming to light. When was the right time to call it ? Who knows. There is a ton of factors involved here. #1 I'm sure steve francis has seen it before. The first flip was bad and they started to see the track was in trouble. You start getting soft spots in a track I don't care what you do. There is no fixing it other than opening the surface up and letting mother nature dry it out. The second tumble it should have een stopped. Explain it to the paying customer and reshedule it.

Attica was bone dry in hotlaps yesterday. I'm betting they had track sealed over for rain. I don't believe we got quite as much as 20 miles south of us but forecasts were up to inch rain. By time I got home and turned on was b main grading. Look how rough dome was and they raced.