Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Brownstown Debacle

This is why Eldora stopped scheduling racing in March with USAC. Also Attica ran and they had to water their track and wasn't Florence a rodeo last week? Heres some scenerios the track could have done. What should happen is give all drivers that showed up regardless of class $200 and reschedule the whole thing of May 2nd and start over. Let fans and drivers and crew who want to get their money back and sell new tickets that day. I mean that would be fair. At least it would look like your trying. Also fans and drivers could not show up next time they run in March. Its not like they put a gun to peoples head and said give me your money or your gonna race here. And lastly the track could have run and said well screw it if ya dont like it go home.

What should have happened after basically a week of rain in the north was a cancelation. No excuse besides Lucas and Schwallie didn't want their regulars at Bristol and Overton and JD still told them get bent. The regulars should have left yesterday after getting screwed twice.

whats funny is it makes Lucas and Brownstown look dumb. Wait until guys say why run for a championship lets go bounty hunting.

Well when I started watching it they ran 3 modified heats an no wrecks the wrecks didn't start till lm heats but the track was ruff they did rework it before lm heats didn't help much.

were there many mods and stocks?

About 30 mods 3 heats one set a new track record

ya its sad that this happened. What tracks you go to

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    whats funny is it makes Lucas and Brownstown look dumb. Wait until guys say why run for a championship lets go bounty hunting.
    I'm surprised that has not already happened Davenport wins 50 grand an Lucas championship only pays 75 grand if you run all over the country an win it.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    I'm surprised that has not already happened Davenport wins 50 grand an Lucas championship only pays 75 grand if you run all over the country an win it.
    Options are good. I see nothing to wrong with drivers having a choice. On the flip side, Lucas sanctions many big shows and you have to have perfect attendance at least for emergency provisional. Not sure about points. This choice may cost a shot later.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    ya its sad that this happened. What tracks you go to
    Bulls gap Tazwell. Crossville I went too brownstown for 10 years when Roger wilams ran it back then there was always a 100 cars in the pits for the Jackson 100 and if you were not there he new why you weren't there.

Yea I mean really these series are not that great a good series to run would be one that runs 10 races a year on weekends that tracks dont pay 20,000 or more to win and the series could run 1 day shows paying 30,000 to win 2,000 to start and 300 tow money and champion gets 50,000 and 10th gets 2,000.

There are so many good paying shows anymore that it doesn’t really pay to commit to one particular tour, especially since Lucas and WoO started scheduling over some of each other’s bigger shows again. A true outlaw schedule can conceivably see a guy running all of the Lucas and WoO 20k+ shows with no conflicts.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

They key to these series are the provisionals and show up money. Any national touring driver says the same thing.

You can pick and choose. There's enough big paying shows out there that you can keep things fresh without the wear and tear of running a series. It will be interesting to see what JD does. Will he jump back on tour or will he pick and choose, I think a lot of owners and racers will be watching what he does this year. Would you rather come into a big race fresh by not having the grind and feel mentally prepared or come in and say Yea we had a top 10 .

I think running a tour is the best way to sell sponsorship. You can tell them I will be on this streaming service 50 times this year or whatever the case. I think you see JD at Texas over Knoxville now.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Last night was no ones fault. Brownstown had less than .75” of rain all week. It was dry and windy all day Friday and 65° and sunny on Saturday. They would have been crucified if they would have cancelled. I’m guessing most that are complaining are the same one that complain about Brownstown being black slick. I hate cars got tore up but there wasn’t any difference in Brownstown and Florence the week before. Florence could have ended very badly as well (just like every other spring 50) stop bashing series and promoters for trying to run their events. I’m also sick of hearing about Bristol. A series isn’t gonna change schedule for a one off race when they’ve raced the icebreaker the same weekend for 15 years. Maybe Bristol could have found a better date.

Josh Bayko
    Josh Bayko is offline Senior Member

There are so many good paying shows anymore that it doesn’t really pay to commit to one particular tour, especially since Lucas and WoO started scheduling over some of each other’s bigger shows again. A true outlaw schedule can conceivably see a guy running all of the Lucas and WoO 20k+ shows with no conflicts.

This is Overton's plan, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    I think running a tour is the best way to sell sponsorship. You can tell them I will be on this streaming service 50 times this year or whatever the case. I think you see JD at Texas over Knoxville now.
    You don't have to run a tour to be on a streaming service 50 times a year with an outlaw schedule.
    2021 race count
    6 events

I wonder if the Brownstown "debacle" makes Atomic people nervous about today
    2021 race count
    6 events

Should not really make Atomic nervous because it was windy and they were working the track all day yesterday and today and Friday.