Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    42 supers for 50k is an epic fail.
    While the car count was lower than expected your numbers are off. There was 55 cars entered Friday and bc of some cars wrecked and others having to leave there was 49 entered Saturday.

Now that they've done alright with it at Bristol, I hope they consider doing it at Talladega or Daytona. Or even a smaller track like Kentucky Speedway or whatever that NASCAR track is in the sh it ty northern part of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    Now that they've done alright with it at Bristol, I hope they consider doing it at Talladega or Daytona. Or even a smaller track like Kentucky Speedway or whatever that NASCAR track is in the sh it ty northern part of the state.
    Cover talladega or Daytona in dirt lol

Would it not make more sense to just build a dirt track, instead of covering a perfectly good asphalt track with dirt?

They do the same thing the last 3 seasons for super dirt week at oswego before cv19 hit.

In the aftermath of Bristol, Martinsville would likely be the best candidate for a future dirt track, if they choose to continue this idea.

If they want to cover a current Nascar track in dirt Martinsville is the only logical choice and would probably race well for DLM. If they cover Bristol again I won't go again. The track is too fast and doesn't produce good dirt racing, although Saturday was much better than Friday.Anyone else catch the atv that got hooked the rear bumper of the super that barrel rolled when it broke loose in turn 3?

$7.00 beers and $9.00 personal pizza didn't hurt.... I would think they did very good.

I want go back, walking that hill almost got this old man.
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by d-glenn View Post
    $7.00 beers and $9.00 personal pizza didn't hurt.... I would think they did very good.I want go back, walking that hill almost got this old man.
    No coolers were allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Cover talladega or Daytona in dirt lol
    Well if I could think of a bigger track I'd throw it in there. Maybe Watkins Glen or Sonoma so we can see what these guys can do.

Flyboy

Ole Flyboy said “it was pretty much a fail”- so that’s all that matters!
    I’m sure he wasn’t there or paid to watch the ppv.
    He thinks Cherokee at Gaffney is “awesome.”

I was at Bristol both nights and I definitely don’t consider it a failure. Yes-it could use some tweaking in some areas!! Overall, I give it a 7.5 score.

Do you really want NASCAR getting their hooks in dirt track racing. All one has to do is look at what Brian France and his shills have done to NASCAR and every other form of racing they've got controlling interest in.
    Everyone wanted the "Next Level". Be careful what you wish for......

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    Do you really want NASCAR getting their hooks in dirt track racing. All one has to do is look at what Brian France and his shills have done to NASCAR and every other form of racing they've got controlling interest in.Everyone wanted the "Next Level". Be careful what you wish for......
    NO THANK YOU ! ! Back in the 60's Nasky signed many Lucrative weekend tracks to be sanctioned by them. As soon as the little guys running the tracks signed their lengthy contracts they soon found out that Nasky all of the sudden changed their nights of operation. Tracks that ran on the weekend were given Tuesday and Wednesday night dates when the common man didn't either have time off work or money left before payday to attend each race. They destroyed the operation of the affordable local tracks in order to force the layman to have to go to the big national events to see a race.

I guess success vs failure all depends on whos view point were looking at. If were talking about raceXR, its hard to say yes or no without knowing what it cost everyone to bring the dirt in, insurance, and what they took in. As someone who was only able to go for saturday, i will say im glad i was able to be there and see it after hearing about it from the early 2000's. I understand the more divisions they brought in, the more cars/people would come and increase revenue, but its hard to say the whole week wouldnt have run smoother with less divisions. Ive been to tracks all over the country and ill say this was the first time ive ever bought a pit pass ($50) and then needed ANOTHER pit pass ($30) to get into the actual infield. Essentially $80 for a 1 day pit pass was steep to say the least, but the worst part was it was the racers who showed up to support the event that took the brunt of that hit. Secondly the amount of wrecks that happened due to cautions not being thrown just to try and keep the show moving are inexcusable. Those guys in the modified race sat stuck together on the back stretch for nearly an entire lap and the caution wasnt thrown until they were basically being run into. Could i see them doing it again next year, absolutely. Do i also think youll see the same trend as 2000/2001 where the car count dramatically drops, also yes.

No coolers were allowed?
    You could bring in items in a clear type bag.
    I was surprised at the amount of people that did not take advantage of that and were buying those high priced beers like crazy.

No coolers were allowed?
    Clear plastic bags were allowed for your beer, no coolers...
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

I’m glad I wasn’t at it. Had a better time in Knoxville pitching bags. Outlaws will be way better. Top drivers. I like it.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback29A1 View Post
    I guess success vs failure all depends on whos view point were looking at. If were talking about raceXR, its hard to say yes or no without knowing what it cost everyone to bring the dirt in, insurance, and what they took in. As someone who was only able to go for saturday, i will say im glad i was able to be there and see it after hearing about it from the early 2000's. I understand the more divisions they brought in, the more cars/people would come and increase revenue, but its hard to say the whole week wouldnt have run smoother with less divisions. Ive been to tracks all over the country and ill say this was the first time ive ever bought a pit pass ($50) and then needed ANOTHER pit pass ($30) to get into the actual infield. Essentially $80 for a 1 day pit pass was steep to say the least, but the worst part was it was the racers who showed up to support the event that took the brunt of that hit. Secondly the amount of wrecks that happened due to cautions not being thrown just to try and keep the show moving are inexcusable. Those guys in the modified race sat stuck together on the back stretch for nearly an entire lap and the caution wasnt thrown until they were basically being run into. Could i see them doing it again next year, absolutely. Do i also think youll see the same trend as 2000/2001 where the car count dramatically drops, also yes.
    Bringing the dirt in was done for the Nascar events. This event just capitalized on the fact the dirt was there. The possibility of an event next year depends mostly on the success of Nascar's events.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I agree with dirtcrow- I think the Outlaw show in April will be much better. I was there both days this past weekend and I honestly think the track preparation throughout the week was expiermenting with what they needed to do for the NASCAR weekend.

800 plus total cars across many different classes got to race at Bristol Baby!

Nobody was airlifted...

The headline race winner came from 10th and the race had 4 different leaders (not follow the leader like many had predicted)

Rowdy showed up after winning truck race in Atlanta, tagged the tail of the B and made the big show and almost had a top 10. Not many guys who race DLM every week could pull that off
    (I am not a fan but you cannot deny his talent)

It blows my mind as to why Shepp was not there chasing 50k. Not the first time he has sat out big paying races. Hats off the Superman for missing a points race and winning 2/3 of the what it pays to win the points in just one night!

Promoters sold lots of tickets, pit passes, entry fees and PPV subs.

How was it NOT a success.
    Prove me wrong!