Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    I said during the Brownstown race that the cars are half rolled over anyway, they just need a little nudge in the right direction to go the rest of the way. If tracks were never smooth to begin with DLM's wouldn't have got where they are today. Richard Petty said something along the lines of dirt track racing used to be about getting through ruts and holes, now it's pretty much like asphalt.
    Yes I agree, sadly many tracks are letting the drivers tell the promoters how to prep the track.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Yes I agree, sadly many tracks are letting the drivers tell the promoters how to prep the track.
    Thing is, if a track has even just 1 rough spot everyone and their mama is yapping about it all over the internet. If its dry, they are yapping about it..if its too wet, they are yapping about it. Somewhere along the way we've forgotten that dirt is unpredictable and thats part of the charm.

Really informative thread 👍👍👍👍👍

All valid points. SLM racing isn’t at a crossroads. They’ll either fix it and survive with a good bit of folks able to continue doing it , or they won’t, and only a few will remain. Grass roots, family type teams will no longer exist. It’s completely out of control. I like watching speed as much as the next guy, but things are WAY out of whack. Only benefitting a few, and alienating many.

Won’t let me edit...its ..”IS AT A CROSSROADS..

tracks the way i see it, and for experience of being there in this situation
    411 (hang over)
    hot laps, track was crazy fast and soft but mostly smooth
    qualifying , sun was out dried top of the race track,
    race (and they didn't give any hot laps before the feature so no way of knowing it got that bad, no heats, locked in) rough hooked up 4 cars finished
    the other classes (street stock and the 4 cylinders) open wheels and street stocks are dragging the rf corner because of todays setups and they dig in because of the rule, they won't let them cut it there, also the 4 cylinders skinny wheels and tires (with the wrong camber) just roll the track up when its that soft
    don't know about brownstown but I'm sure the same effect could be said
    todays cars have a ton of rr grip, and with the knowledge out there on how to do it, the cats out of the bag
    Last edited by grt74; 03-26-2021 at 06:28 AM.

411 wasn't that bad, it had character. Don't like bumps drive around them. Hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) did so while leading but screwed up and hit restart wrong and got bumps in both corners