Thumbs up NASCAR on Chicago streets could become reality.

NASCAR on Chicago streets could become reality.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/na...uHfXrbCh1yVA7U
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Yes, yes and yes. They are finally figuring out the exposure they get when they step away from driving in circles on the same asphalt tracks every year. More dirt, more streets, hell, make them drag race. I want to see who they best really is.

Hope it’s successful but every street circuit race I’ve seen with Indy and Formula One cars is boring.
    I hate time trials.

all kinds of bad jokes built into that race..
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Agree with you on the boring Indy and f1 street races....but they aren't getting shot at either, Chicago may be exciting.

Bad joke #1
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Agree with you on the boring Indy and f1 street races....but they aren't getting shot at either, Chicago may be exciting.

Bad joke #1
    i heard jesse smullet will be teaming with bubba wallace !

https://www.racing-reference.info/showblog?id=3076

Once upon a time in the mid to late 80s NASCAR dabbled with the idea of a LR Series (left-right) and even built and tested some prototypes which were smaller than Cup cars. (Article above.) They were going to be road course/street circuit cars, even way back then.

Now while I do agree that they have worn out the cookie cutter clones of Charlotte, I'm not sure a street race in Chicago is the answer. I just don't think Chicago is much of a big time racing town anymore. Is the NASCAR track in Joliet thriving? How did that Cicero track work out?

I also believe that NASCAR isn't so concerned with their roots anymore. I do believe their virtual racing champion made more money for their championship "run" than the weekly racing series champion made for their championship award in 2020 by actually - racing a stock car. The new Cup car is probably going to be more and more like an Aussie V8 supercar than what we are used to seeing now and more at home on road courses.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    all kinds of bad jokes built into that race..
    Like drive by shootings????
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Thats one way to get the thugs off the streets for a few hours!

Ole beetlejuice,jr is foaming at the mouth! lol

I'm betting all the folks who reside on the Gold Coast (including governor fat bastard) and Michigan Avenue are clamoring for a NASCAR race through their neighborhood.

Mayor Larry Lighthead wouldn't know a racecar from an ass invader dildo, so I'll believe it when I see the NASCAR boys & girls take the green flag. Hell, they'd need 10,000 National Guard soldiers for hauler and driver motorhome security.

Chicago hoods are gonna have a field day when Nascar and its fans come to town! Easy pickins....