Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

WOW. just announced 2022 spring Bristol race will be on dirt. I see this is a marlar thread. So does anybody thinks he ever had any chance ? I don't care if it was the trucks or the cup car. He can't race with these guys, he just doesn't have the talent. There's guys in this show that don't have 1% of the time he has had on dirt. Yet all I keep reading is if if and if. I don't know who was behind him in that truck heat but he probably would have been passed and ended up starting mid pack at best. I don't know where he finished in the truck race. Didn't see it, but I'd venture to say he didn't finish in the top 20.

He fished 28th in the truck race.

Thanks fox, enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    WOW. just announced 2022 spring Bristol race will be on dirt. I see this is a marlar thread. So does anybody thinks he ever had any chance ? I don't care if it was the trucks or the cup car. He can't race with these guys, he just doesn't have the talent. There's guys in this show that don't have 1% of the time he has had on dirt. Yet all I keep reading is if if and if. I don't know who was behind him in that truck heat but he probably would have been passed and ended up starting mid pack at best. I don't know where he finished in the truck race. Didn't see it, but I'd venture to say he didn't finish in the top 20.
    And if you think the equipment he was driving or team he was driving for are anywhere close to competitive on a weekly basis I’ll sell you some oceanfront property in Arizona. Mike did alright with what he had, and kept everything in one piece until the cut tire/bump at the end of the Cup race. His effort was decent for a start and park level team.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    I guess I must have dreamed him getting a top 5 at Eldora in a truck?

That dude is one of the best in a DLM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Most daytime dirt races get the same dust.
    The ARCA stock car race (ARCA cars are quite similar to the Cup cars) at Springfield, Illinois on the 1 mild dirt track runs during the day and always has. I've been going to that race for quite a few years and I've never seen dust at Springfield like what was at Bristol. Not even close! Bob Sargent is in charge of track prep at Springfield and he seldom, if ever, gets it wrong, so it can be done by people who know what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I guess I must have dreamed him getting a top 5 at Eldora in a truck?That dude is one of the best in a DLM.
    I was thinking the same thing... Crazy how big a difference equipment makes in this sport

Dirtcrazy = one goofy ass sob... 🌽

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    The ARCA stock car race (ARCA cars are quite similar to the Cup cars) at Springfield, Illinois on the 1 mild dirt track runs during the day and always has. I've been going to that race for quite a few years and I've never seen dust at Springfield like what was at Bristol. Not even close! Bob Sargent is in charge of track prep at Springfield and he seldom, if ever, gets it wrong, so it can be done by people who know what they're doing.
    Southern dirt is way different than the midwest, alot more 'sand' and the sun cooks the moisture that holds it together out very easily....they need to run this race after the sun goes down or haul in dirt from the west/northwest.

EvilB7

Exactly: red clay dirt is much different than other soils throughout the country. It just does not hold together for daytime racing when the sun is out. Bristol needs to run under the lights and not have 1,100 cars on the track racing for 7 straight days the week before NASCAR. With that said: the place was flooded yesterday and they could have raced boats. I truly believe it will be better after the learning curve of this year. It was a big undertaking!

Many a times someone will come up from racing down South and still have that red colored dirt on the car. Reminds me of the red puke-dry they used at school when I was a youngun.

EvilB7Exactly: red clay dirt is much different than other soils throughout the country. It just does not hold together for daytime racing when the sun is out. Bristol needs to run under the lights and not have 1,100 cars on the track racing for 7 straight days the week before NASCAR. With that said: the place was flooded yesterday and they could have raced boats. I truly believe it will be better after the learning curve of this year. It was a big undertaking!
    Hope and pray you are right about this year being the learning curve for them. This is good for dirt racing, but NASCAR seems to have a talent to screw up everything they are involved in on a massive scale.

I really do think it’s good for dirt racing overall-can get some NASCAR fans to join us! I remember going to the Prelude at Eldora and those Nadcar fans would be there on Wednesday night from all across the USA - but didn’t care anything about staying for the Dream 2 days later.
    Like it or not NASCAR has a tremendous amount of talent- but they also have 20-25 million dollar a year teams. The cars today at Bristol were the cars they drive every week (even tho they were on dirt today).
    Don’t get me wrong: I am definitely a dirt model fan to the bone- but these NASCAR guys race inches apart at sometimes 200mph. Several years ago we were at Daytona and I done the Richard Petty Expierence (ride as a passenger). You could feel the car just floating on air thru the turns and moving around. I was thinking at the time there isn’t any other cars around us -how do they race side by side?
    After we stopped-I asked the driver how fast we were going & he said about 16mph. Definitely much slower than the racers. So-I give that series credit where it’s due- their is some incredible talent there.
    Now take their top talent and put them in a late model on all the different size/shaped tracks against our best drivers: it would be interesting and who knows the outcome?
    It really doesn’t matter -everyone has their preference- I choose Dirt over asphalt!

160mph (correction)^^^

Correction to above post ^^160mph

no reason whatsoever NASCAR shouldn't run a race at Earls place now that dirt seems to be popular with them, it's the best dirt track on earth isn't it?....my epic fail statement was a bit harsh for Bristol too and I would like to tame that down a bit because all in all it was really cool seeing all the racing leading up to NASCAR and I'm sure today's race was better than most on Sunday.

Sux the weather got them, they missed a lot of fans that would have watched on Sunday but couldn't because they had to work today.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

EvilB7

Exactly: red clay dirt is much different than other soils throughout the country. It just does not hold together for daytime racing when the sun is out. Bristol needs to run under the lights and not have 1,100 cars on the track racing for 7 straight days the week before NASCAR. With that said: the place was flooded yesterday and they could have raced boats. I truly believe it will be better after the learning curve of this year. It was a big undertaking!

The 823 cars last week are the only reason they had the quality track they had today.

You are right- they got the track packed down & the prep guys used last week as a test/tune for NASCAR. I really think the heat races would have been good-hate they lost them.
    I do believe the WOO races April 9 & 10 will be good???
    Went last week and going next weekend- but was a tv watcher for today. I did go online after today’s race and bought 2 tickets for NASCAR dirt race for next year. Life’s a journey-not a destination!

BBQ- I think Tony & NASCAR is in a peeing contest at the present time. According to Eldora’s press release last year- it was their decision not to have the trucks back this year. There must be an underlying reason that the general public isn’t in the know about.

Musta been successful for nasCRAP to re-up for next year!

I give BMS a thumbs up for all the racing the past 2 weeks! Sure they need a few tweaks, but overall a very good job!