Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Glad he isn’t more seriously hurt. Thank God he didn’t land on the guardrail.

It is more common than ever because the cars have way too much traction. And it didn’t used to happen unabated near as much, very rarely. Sorry, it didn’t. Not like now.

But, I think it really comes down to not having your car have so much bite in it. Do something to free it up, not have it so locked into the track.

He!!, the craze was three wheeling it all the way around. Now it’s so much traction ya might flip you take the turn wrong with a tacky track.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Watch the replay from the WoO sprint race from last night. They couldn't even race going into turn 1 and through turn 2. They were almost doing summersaults. 3-4 weren't much better.
    2021 race count
    6 events

I saw quite a few cars flip back in the 3 wheelin’ days.

I do think modern setups where there’s no real give on the right side if it gets a little swirly does make the cars more prone to go over.

3 wheeling days are when you started to see it on occasion. The cg was pretty high then, but the rr tire wasn't stuck that great. I was at a track 2 years ago where 7 cars rolled. They didn't cancel or anything.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

He was having surgery on his neck today. Had to fuze a vertebrae. No spinal nerve damage. Says he will have full recovery

Quote Originally Posted by T-MAC 39 FAN View Post
    He was having surgery on his neck today. Had to fuze a vertebrae. No spinal nerve damage. Says he will have full recovery
    Fusion isn't fun, but that's good news!
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Know more than a few people in the construction trades that spinal fusion ended their careers, but also know ones that worked to retirement without issues.

There's a good chance his driving days are over. They try to bury the RF and get the LR up as high as they can. Shocks are the issue, nobody touched him and look what happened.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It used to never happen.
    I agree. From 86' when I first got involved thru 97' before running, "On the Hook"became a thing I think I saw 2 cars get upside down in that time and both were slow rolls. Both times were slow push overs, one with Billy Moyer at Dixie in 97' and the other was Buster Goss at Rome in 86' or 87'. After "Getting up on the Bars" became the norm you could see from the cars attitude it could easily flip, with no help needed. I make it no secret my disdain for current DLM setups for just this reason. I know the Jeannie can't be put back in the bottle as far as knowing how to make cars run this way, but it would be easy to get back to flatter running cars and stop all this unnecessary carnage. Costs would come down some too and maybe we could start growing again and be a little less elitist centric.