10.) Jason Riggs #81
    11.) Trevor Gundaker #11
    12.) Kolby Vandenbergh #15
    13.) Bobby Pierce #32
    14.) Tyler Erb #1
    15.) Corey Hedgec0ck #23
    16.) Rusty Schlenk #91
    17.) Brent Larson #B1
    Last edited by Pennsboro32; 03-29-2021 at 12:53 PM.

Weatherman says party sunny, 51 degrees the high 29 the low with a 12% chance of rain. Looks good to get the race in........... Wondering if Fairbury/Farmer City guys like Fegar, Unzicker, Spatola, Gardner type guys race? Imagine Shirley will be there.

Corey Hedgec0ck making it all the way out to Illinois. This series will see some interesting mix of drivers.

Might as well make the trip if you can then head to Farmer City for 6K and 20K two days later. Short drive for good cash.

If I could get off work I'd be tempted to make the trip, then head to Farmer.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

Quote Originally Posted by CILDirt View Post
    Might as well make the trip if you can then head to Farmer City for 6K and 20K two days later. Short drive for good cash.
    That's the hope especially for the WoO guys who race in Farmer City over the weekend but not just them. That's what the DoD guys keeps chirping, you just don't know who will roll into the 10 Castrol races.

Postponed until may now

May 25th is the new date.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Let me see if I can get this right they are postponing because of cold temperatures and a gusty wind are you kidding me so what it has to be 70 degrees and very little wind now to be able to race now ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by 50Dixon50 View Post
    Let me see if I can get this right they are postponing because of cold temperatures and a gusty wind are you kidding me so what it has to be 70 degrees and very little wind now to be able to race now ridiculous
    Who’s traveling to race a midweek show with those conditions?

Looking forward to the opener at Tyler County.

Tri City new date will be on Tuesday before the Show-Me starts in Wheatland on Thursday.

Looks like they got an even better date as far as other races on the schedule... Should be a great show!

New date looks good, then onto Wheatland.

Same here: Tri-Cities & Wheatland!

Looks like /Castrol/DoD/Flo/Rigsby had a lotta contingencies if race dates/weather didn't fit like a glove. The beauty of a 10 race schedule?..... As mentioned their make up date is 2 days before the Show Me as the caravan of rigs would be passing Tri City on their way to Wheatland.

The weather in Pontoon Beach (where Tri City is located) today is forecast for 71 degrees the high, 39 the low now with a 32% chance of rain (up from 5% two days ago). Tomorrow (race day) 52 degrees the high, 28 the low with 5% chance of rain.

Like most race fans, especially those with Flo, I'm very intrigued by the series not just for the racing but the production of the broadcast as Rigsby seems to have gone all out for more pre-race/in race stuff, analysis and face time for him on their stream.

And streams are getting very very lucrative. Disney reported earnings, and despite movie theaters being shut down for a year and a huge expected loss, they made 7-800 mil. Why? Cuz they have over 100 million subscribers at 9 bucks a pop to their Disney Plus streaming channel that's only been in existence for just over a yr.

Add that to Rigsby himself mentioning on one of their shows, and to paraphrase, "the dirty little secret is I've had many track owners tell me this was their most profitable yr ever" and this during a pandemic with no or restricted fan attendance.

Point is streaming is not the future but the present and is very lucrative. I'm sure Rigsby has thoughts of eventually 10-30 million in his pockets dancing in his head thru streaming dirt races and as he works towards that the fan gets the benefit of the process of what kinda racing and production of it that the Castrol Series, and beyond, provides.

Very very interesting times for the people who chase profits and for the lil ole race fan.

https://weather.com/weather/today/l/...2a6717303f5687
    Last edited by Mister Ricochet; 03-30-2021 at 10:46 AM.

the growth of streaming is a double edged sword, currently. I have heard from different track promoters that the cut they get to have a race streamed is rather small and usually doesn't involve any percentage of PPV purchases or subscription money. I don't know what kind of deal a group like FLO makes with tracks or series but for most tracks, the fans coming through the gate are still crucial to just staying afloat.

Put up the 60K guarantee purse money and I'm sure Kevin and Tammy would open the place up for you. Easy to say ridiculous when you have nothing invested. Fans want all the tracks to open as soon as possible, but it has to profitable or the promoter goes under and closes the track. Being a Ed Dixon fan you should know the weather here in the St. Louis area changes fast.

Buy 50k motors and see if you want to take the risk of popping them because of freezing temps! Heck with it being that cold you would have to put antifreeze in the car.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    Buy 50k motors and see if you want to take the risk of popping them because of freezing temps! Heck with it being that cold you would have to put antifreeze in the car.
    Always so educational, right here on 4m!! 😊