Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bristol 2022

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Surely, they will do the Dirt Nationals again!
    I'd think so. They should have cashed in with that back gate, fee upon fee, setup. It worked so well they started racing before fans were allowed in on several mornings.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I'd think so. They should have cashed in with that back gate, fee upon fee, setup. It worked so well they started racing before fans were allowed in on several mornings.
    I saw where you had to buy a $50 pit pass and another $30 infield pass......yikes!

The big negative was keeping cars there all week even though they only raced every other day. And then only raced for money on the final day. They def need to pay a purse for each of those features!

I saw where you had to buy a $50 pit pass and another $30 infield pass......yikes!The big negative was keeping cars there all week even though they only raced every other day. And then only raced for money on the final day. They def need to pay a purse for each of those features!
    Yea some guys spent a week down there and only got on the track a couple times. I don't think you will have to worry about 800 cars next year if they do it. I would love to see a world finals deal with sprints, lates, and BBM's all down there at once.

I saw where you had to buy a $50 pit pass and another $30 infield pass......yikes!The big negative was keeping cars there all week even though they only raced every other day. And then only raced for money on the final day. They def need to pay a purse for each of those features!
    On race day each car was given two infield passes + the driver, it was on the practice days (Saturday and Sunday) that the $30 for anyone who went in to the infield came into play.... Helped keep the number of people crossing into the infield down to who was actually needed.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    Well I can't see it getting a lot better if they ran it at night it might be a little better but running 40 cars on a half mile dirt track is not a very good idea.
    I thought is was a better idea the running on asphalt 😊. Best nascrap race I've seen in a very long time!

I ask all the NASCAR guys I see: "Do you know why they paved all of the NASCAR tracks?"; then give them the answer "because not everyone can drive on dirt"....guess I have to come up with a new line.

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    I ask all the NASCAR guys I see: "Do you know why they paved all of the NASCAR tracks?"; then give them the answer "because not everyone can drive on dirt"....guess I have to come up with a new line.
    I'd say quite a few of them proved less than adequate.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I'd say quite a few of them proved less than adequate.
    The "I dont write checks to losers" boy, comes to mind!

I think Kyle Busch would of had something if he didn’t have overheating issues, wish they would of had option not to get tires at breaks and could of gained track position that way

I agree. Kyle would have had a great shot at that race.

Not to get tires ? You do realize they had 100 laps on tires right ? They all came in to pit together, they water the high side of the track and ran a couple wheel packers out there until they came back out. I'm sure there will be changes for next year's race. Personally I thought Jeff Gordon sounded like a idiot on some of his comments about dirt. Bowyer even got a few chuckles in on a couple of his comments. Did all that rain help the surface ? It seemed like they had it sealed before the rains came in. If they didn't it would have probably never happened. The weight of those cars would have created craters like a 500 pd bomb

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Not to get tires ? You do realize they had 100 laps on tires right ? They all came in to pit together, they water the high side of the track and ran a couple wheel packers out there until they came back out. I'm sure there will be changes for next year's race. Personally I thought Jeff Gordon sounded like a idiot on some of his comments about dirt. Bowyer even got a few chuckles in on a couple of his comments. Did all that rain help the surface ? It seemed like they had it sealed before the rains came in. If they didn't it would have probably never happened. The weight of those cars would have created craters like a 500 pd bomb
    They changed tires every 50 laps. One 50 lap stint they probably only had 30 green flag laps on them.

100 laps on tires? 😝 Maybe the water truck or pace car.

Marcus Smith was on the Dale Jr Download this week, just got done listening to it. He said they figure it will take around 6 weeks to clean everything up once the last WoO weekend is done, and if a home owner in the area calls up and wants their home (or pool, etc) cleaned of the dirt they will do it.

sob, 100 and they would all have been on the ground. You get old and the mind things 1 thing and you type another thing. What su*cks is I read it b4 I posted it.

lol it was originally 100 until they saw the wear in practice on Friday. I look at it like the dome, it has gotten better imo every year with track shape and banking. Maybe next year they can cup the banking a little more on top to get a couple lanes going for longer. TV did a good job of keeping cameras very tight so you didn't notice how slow they were going.