Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Lanigan hasn't been good since his favorite brother in law left him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    How does a guy that says he wants to win the woo championship show up to a race without a engine in the backup car. They haven't got anywhere near the tough part of the season. And if he is so incapable of getting a rocket car around the track that it's not worth his time to put a engine back in it then why even carry it in the box
    This X 2 !!!

How does a guy that says he wants to win the woo championship show up to a race without a engine in the backup car. They haven't got anywhere near the tough part of the season. And if he is so incapable of getting a rocket car around the track that it's not worth his time to put a engine back in it then why even carry it in the box
    Agree with that.... I believe they have are hauling around the XR1 as their backup until the new LH they ordered is ready for pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrews42FAN View Post
    Agree with that.... I believe they have are hauling around the XR1 as their backup until the new LH they ordered is ready for pickup.
    Correct but if I were the guy paying the bills I would be pretty bothered by it not having a engine in it. Hudson had no problems winning with them and still doesn't. I beleive in the beginning of this they had plenty of power plants. But maybe cornetts aren't good enough either.

Correct but if I were the guy paying the bills I would be pretty bothered by it not having a engine in it. Hudson had no problems winning with them and still doesn't. I beleive in the beginning of this they had plenty of power plants. But maybe cornetts aren't good enough either.
    I'd be bothered by switching everything, losing crew chief, any talk of Mallory, etc. But, that's just me.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Not having a motor in the back up car just shows strickler really doesn't want to use it. It's #1 a way out and 2 he knows if they get on track because he has to start in the back he doesn't have a chance in h*ll to be competitive. Ok whining a** you made your point. Maybe you needed to get to a track for the day and thru everything you had at it while testing. What chassis did he run in his emod days ? Longhorn ?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Not having a motor in the back up car just shows strickler really doesn't want to use it. It's #1 a way out and 2 he knows if they get on track because he has to start in the back he doesn't have a chance in h*ll to be competitive. Ok whining a** you made your point. Maybe you needed to get to a track for the day and thru everything you had at it while testing. What chassis did he run in his emod days ? Longhorn ?
    Longhorn modified are a brand new thing.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Longhorn modified are a brand new thing.
    Longhorn has been involve w them for a while. They used to build part of them and had someone putting the frt clips on them. I believe it was stremme. I think longhorn makes them complete now is what your taliking about right.

Quote Originally Posted by T-MAC 39 FAN View Post
    Longhorn has been involve w them for a while. They used to build part of them and had someone putting the frt clips on them. I believe it was stremme. I think longhorn makes them complete now is what your taliking about right.
    Yes. The end product was not a longhorn. Now, there are longhorns by Loenbro.

The previous setup was similar to how a Ruhlman car isn't a Rocket.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Default wells

Was Vinny with Kyle when he drove the the wells car? He struggled in it . Loosing Vinniy might be hard to overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by stempy View Post
    Was Vinny with Kyle when he drove the the wells car? He struggled in it . Loosing Vinniy might be hard to overcome.
    ......or Vinnie was the problem with the XRWon's!

Vinnie seemed to have Chase Junghans doing alright in the xr-1s

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    Vinnie seemed to have Chase Junghans doing alright in the xr-1s
    Agreed Vinnie may have some personal issues but I don't think getting any car to be competitive is one of those. Every car Vinnie has been with the last few years has been fast. Jhunghans was running the best he had ever run while vin was their and showing tons of promise. vinnie left and now the guy can't even qualify
    Last edited by Jking24; 04-07-2021 at 06:42 AM.

Everybody vinny has been with has been fast. He was with Overton when he was in the 116.

He was obviously dumped by Strickler so where does Mallory land now? I'm curious where he will spend the next 3 weeks working before he gets invited to not come back.

Strickler did very well with a Lethal chassis by Stremme when he ran the IMCA Mod. After his falling out with Stremme, he ran other brands of Mods.

I said it long ago, I have this feeling that if something goes wrong strickler likes to throw people under the bus. In fact he has already proven that. 2 brand new xr-1's, gone. Mallory, who crewed owens to the lucas championship in a xr-1, gone. I won't be 1 bit surprised if he isn't back running the mod before the season ends. Just a hunch.

You make have spoken too soon. Kyle Strickler will be the man to beat for the 30 grand at Boone , Iowa this weekend. Kyle knows his way around Boone better than the other entries.