Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Where is Jimmy "Super Fly" at?

So riddle me this. Why does a guy like Lanigan need a guy like Mallory if he has a new XR1 Rocket car? Shouldn't he be able to run to Richards and get the latest greatest information and throw it at the car and let it eat?

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Where is Jimmy "Super Fly" at?

So riddle me this. Why does a guy like Lanigan need a guy like Mallory if he has a new XR1 Rocket car? Shouldn't he be able to run to Richards and get the latest greatest information and throw it at the car and let it eat?
    Everyone hopes he learned some secret info from planet zero. I've seen guys paid good money to look stupid, cause they spent 6 months with Scotty B.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I think people may be missing what the real source of teams running better after Cody showed up. Go back the year Owens is on fire doesn’t he make the switch to Vic Hill engines. This year doesn’t Pierce switch and win with Vic Hill engines? When Scott was running strong wasn’t he running Vic Hill engines?? Or am I wrong. A great engine combination wakes up most anyone’s program.

Don’t think bloomer ran a Vic Hill engine but very few times and it was a mutual trial (see what I have) type of deal. Mainly Customs, Durhams and I believe he was one of the first with Cornett when Ford got in to dirt late model engines. I believe it was a deal with Jack Roush/Ford/Cornet ??
    He also tried Pro Power a couple of times but forwarded that engine to Dwayne Hummel.

Owens switched to Ohlins shocks along with switching to Vic Hill engines.
    2021 race count
    6 events

I think if you have any of the top engine mfg equipment, you are not going to gain significant speed going to a different one.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Where is Jimmy "Super Fly" at?So riddle me this. Why does a guy like Lanigan need a guy like Mallory if he has a new XR1 Rocket car? Shouldn't he be able to run to Richards and get the latest greatest information and throw it at the car and let it eat?
    Anybody that knows anything about dirt racing can tell you. You can't phone in a setup. Mark can give you a good starting point but lanigan probably has 30-40lbs on Sheppard aside from driving style. Now you gotta run hotlaps then make a good decision on witch direction to go. Most Every successful latemodel operation has a good eye watching the car and making good calls through the night. Theirs maybe two guys in the country that make the right calls from the seat. I don't tend to think cody is any kind of mastermind but he has proven to have a good eye for what the car needs through the night

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Anybody that knows anything about dirt racing can tell you. You can't phone in a setup. Mark can give you a good starting point but lanigan probably has 30-40lbs on Sheppard aside from driving style. Now you gotta run hotlaps then make a good decision on witch direction to go. Most Every successful latemodel operation has a good eye watching the car and making good calls through the night. Theirs maybe two guys in the country that make the right calls from the seat. I don't tend to think cody is any kind of mastermind but he has proven to have a good eye for what the car needs through the night
    I gotta admit, those go kart tuners are very very good at deciphering handling issues!

Gotta give it up to the highside tickler. He is always trying to improve the program 👍👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    I gotta admit, those go kart tuners are very very good at deciphering handling issues!
    Call it what you want, one thing you can't take away from the guy is everywhere he goes he brings speed with him.

Poor ole flyboy: he just can’t comprehend/read. Cody is helping Lanigan at Farmer City - not Strickler!

He tryn. Lets give a hand for ol flyboy 👏

What’s that have to do with Kyle trying to improve his program? 😀

Fox, Scott ran Vic Hill for years. I dont think Cody was involved in any of those years though.

RapidRuss

What years or time frame would that have been?
    I could very well be wrong- just can’t remember that pairing. Danny Myers/Tommy Hicks era as crew chief-might be my memory going bad with age?

Quote Originally Posted by T-MAC 39 FAN View Post
    He tryn. Lets give a hand for ol flyboy 
    Sounds like a bad 80s song....
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

is it just me or does the pairing of lanigan and mallory seem like an extreme odd couple?
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Fox, I know he ran Vic Hill power in the mid 00's. I can't remember what year it was he tried to run coil packs at a SAS race, I know that was a Hill engine too. I feel like he ran them up until about 12 or 13 when Roush Yates came in.

Cody and Lanigan won't last much longer than the BP deal. Suitcase Cody. I think the guy helps any team he has been with. He is who he is. Everybody up and down pit understands that. So the question becomes, you want to be running for wins or do you want to keep scratching your a** saying well I was fast 5 yrs ago. There is 1 team that should look at Cody for help. Big LUCAS decal across the front of the car. EPJ needs to tell stuckley we need his help.

Fox, he was with Vic in early 2000's. Green and white cars. He was with Vic 4 or 5 good years before Roush made him the deal to go to the Roush/Yates program. Yes end of Myers, first of Hicks eras.