Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Rapid and Zy

Thanks guys! I guess the part that’s confusing me is Vic opened his bussiness in 2000. He worked for Custom Race Engines prior to then (after leaving NASCAR) doing the heads. Scott ran Custom motors for many many years. The Jack Rousch Ford deal that I was referring to was not the Andy Durham gig.
    It was a very long time ago when basically nobody ran Ford stuff in a dirt late model. Scott signed a 5 year contract with Ford and Rousch supplied some of the parts to Cornett Race Engines (Somerset, Ky) for assembly. After that deal ended-he went back to Custom for Ford engines. I remember at Kentucky Lake Speedway at a Hav-A-Tampa race, Larry Clark who owns Custom told me he could get more horsepower out of a Ford- but it cost a lot more money to do it. Nowadays most all builders do both Ford & Chevy.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    Owens switched to Ohlins shocks along with switching to Vic Hill engines.
    i always laugh at this one, no disrespect here either, the name of the shock doesn't matter, its whats in the shock that matters, and the support that comes with it from said company

If Vic's stuff was so good, Scott would've continued to run it. When you have a custom trophy made that says "The Hick Ville Engine Swap Champion- Tommy Hicks", that should tell you everything lol. To hear other people tell it, it's that Scott wanted free engines and Vic wouldn't oblige. That's false.Let's say a dog breeder sells 113 dogs in one year. If 81 of those dogs died in that first year, what would the public opinion of that breeder look like?As far as Cody goes... Yep, he's wicked good at making sheit go fast. What he fails to realize, is that the whole "tough guy a-hole" persona isn't being bought by anyone. All it does is show weakness; that he's obviously has a ton of trauma (self inflicted or otherwise) in his life, and that he's not able to man up and overcome that. It's like a toddler constantly throwing a fit, trying to compensate for blows to the ego, which just furthers that behavior. It doesn't make you look tough, it makes you look like an emotional wreck.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    According to 10 things worth mentioning at the end of DOD article about Billy Franklin: Cody will be at Farmer City this weekend helping Viper Motorsports driver Darrel Lanigan. Team owner said if things go well- it could extend beyond Farmer City.
    Nothing can help DL, he hasn't been much of a threat anywhere since the outlawing of gadgets and split birdcages.

Bloomquist ran Vic Hill engines for a good 7/8 years from early 2000s to about 2010.

Well guess according to the announcers Cody is with strickler. They said Vinny left. I guess this mite make you troll followers all wrong.

Heard Strickler is primadonnna? Why did his crew chief up and leave

2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Well guess according to the announcers Cody is with strickler. They said Vinny left. I guess this mite make you troll followers all wrong.
    Literally on DoD in writing, not the gossip section of 4m, that he was helping Lanigan and Viper Motorsports. And if it worked out well, that it could be long term.

If he’s with Strickler, talk to DoD. No matter who it is, until he fixes himself, it won’t last long.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I don't know who was right DOD or Reuben, just made mention of them talking about it when the broadcast first started. I'm going with the roving pit reporter.

Yes Cody is with Strickler this weekend. It is on DoD. Said Vinny left for personal reasons and travel. He got engaged a couple months ago, maybe shes wanting him to stay closer to home, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    Yes Cody is with Strickler this weekend. It is on DoD. Said Vinny left for personal reasons and travel. He got engaged a couple months ago, maybe shes wanting him to stay closer to home, who knows.
    Just seen that. Because Vinnie left, they got him. At least short term.

Totally missed that article. Seen the Viper one, didn’t see the Strickler one, my bad.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

DoD posted a pic on Fb right before the races started!

Love all the bs that gets posted about Cody. Always wrong because the "know it alls" actually know nothing. Bahahaha so comical. Could have just asked. LoL
    If you ain't fast, you're running last!

Maybe Cody can give him what he needs to maintain that massive unsurpassable points lead.

That engine swap after qualifying was a clusterfk. Looked like 3 blind mice climbing over each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    That engine swap after qualifying was a clusterfk. Looked like 3 blind mice climbing over each other.
    It wasn’t a well greased NHRA 20 minute complete refresh of an engine ?

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    And yet that CF allowed him to salvage a 13th place finish and maintain the points lead.... How else would an engine swap go when you have lost your crew chief, your down on personnel and you are working with a guy that you have never worked with?

How does a guy that says he wants to win the woo championship show up to a race without a engine in the backup car. They haven't got anywhere near the tough part of the season. And if he is so incapable of getting a rocket car around the track that it's not worth his time to put a engine back in it then why even carry it in the box