Default 2014 MB Custom Spindles

Not getting a ton of help from MB. They say spindles are no longer available for our 2014 car. Anybody know if a 2014 MB customs late model utilizes something similar to rocket blue gray? The overall design seems extremely similar but not sure about the KPI, snout height, steering arm location, etc? Any help is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by smartguy13 View Post
    Not getting a ton of help from MB. They say spindles are no longer available for our 2014 car. Anybody know if a 2014 MB customs late model utilizes something similar to rocket blue gray? The overall design seems extremely similar but not sure about the KPI, snout height, steering arm location, etc? Any help is much appreciated.
    Take the leap and upgrade to the 2016 and newer. ....Or build your own. It was a steering arm height and small ball joint height change. Center pull rack on RF motivated the modification.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghopper View Post
    Take the leap and upgrade to the 2016 and newer. ....Or build your own. It was a steering arm height and small ball joint height change. Center pull rack on RF motivated the modification.
    Thanks Ghopper. I’m not opposed to upgrading, but how would I make the new ones work with the different ball joint location and steering arms? The car is still a front strut car that has MAX 4” RF travel before the frame hits. Not looking to completely front clip the car. Would I need to put a some spacers underneath the raised steering arm for bump steer? Can you please elaborate on the center pull steering and different ball joint location.

Center-pull Sweet racks lower the rack pivot of the tie rod, requiring a lower steering arm location on the spindle. It is a screw-on part that MB sells. That will give you more tie rod to frame clearance.

There are some width changes with the newer front ends, but what are you gaining to staying with the old spindle that you have no supply-chain for? Just grind off the upper Aframe slugs, put the sliders clamp on mounts, bolt on the new spindle and rack end. Build notes from there.

...I better look through my shop if I have the old spindles laying around

No supply chain is definitely not helpful! Lol just trying to understand how to make it work right. How much lower is the steering arm? Did they move the lower ball joint down so the didn’t have such a bend in the steering arm? I’ve got two brand new left front spindles. Do you have any right fronts that are in good shape?